Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Need max dura repair potion NX shop

pcuser510pcuser510
Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
edited October 12, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
We need max dura repair potion, my armor is 25 dura now it's 11 it's frustrating. Most mmo RPG game does not have max dura lost. Force me get a new armor after max dura lost.
[Deleted User]Sherri
  1. Need max dura repair potion NX shop15 votes
    1. Yes
       53% (8 votes)
    2. No
       47% (7 votes)

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    There is an item in the cash shop that protects your item if the repair fails. http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Shop/WebShop/Detail/Cash/19696 Although I've only used those items for a few equips, other equips lost dura due to botched repair jobs. It would be nice to have something that will restore dura though.
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    So like... Platinum Hammers? Or even Crystal Hammers?

Yea, they should put those in the shop. I'm sure some people would love to have a steady supply of them.
    If they do put it in the shop, though, the price would need to be higher than the Repair Prot Pots, wouldn't it?

I actually didn't notice that they aren't sold directly in the cash shop. Got all of mine from events.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    We have something called 100% Repair rate. You shouldn't be letting your items drop to nearly 0 Dura also.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    We have something called 100% Repair rate. You shouldn't be letting your items drop to nearly 0 Dura also.

He's talking about the total dura, not that part. He's saying his armor used to be 25/25 but due to failed repairs, it dropped to 11/11.
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    Max dura loss also comes from Enchant fails - no 100% Enchant rates here except on selected pages and noobie scrolls.

Tbh I've used all of my event Platinum Hammers so far for fixing Enchanting disasters, not repairing disasters.
    LeiliciaSherri
  • ShadowtivaniShadowtivani
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    Leilicia wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

He's talking about the total dura, not that part. He's saying his armor used to be 25/25 but due to failed repairs, it dropped to 11/11.

The 100% repair stops total dura loss
    Leilicia
  • MontjulentMontjulent
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    The original design of the game had durability as a means of fostering an economy that demanded large amounts of rare and valuable equipment. In other games, a player only really needs one sword, and as such, a thriving economy for crafters was entirely dependent on a constant supply of new players entering the game.

With Mabinogi, however, a single player could burn through hundreds of swords attempt to apply high level enchants onto them, and even after a perfect weapon was made, no matter how careful you are with repairing and maintaining it the tiny chance of a repair failure would eventually destroy it and restart the process all over again.

This system was designed this way on purpose, with specific game play reasons. It might be inconvenient to the player at times, but sometimes inconvenient things are necessary in order to create a good game, especially in an MMORPG. In a way, it's almost artistic, even; In Erinn, everything must come to an end one day, save for the Milletians, who hail from another world entirely.

Only a fool would want ways to circumvent this system, and surely modern Devcat isn't stupid enough to do things like add in 100% repair, add in paid methods of ensuring items won't lose durability, add in ways of repairing max durability loss on gear, massively inflating the durability on newer items in order to limit the effect the system has, making crafting a fool's errand by turning gachapons into the #1 method of obtaining new weapons, and making it so premium players lose durability at a lower rate, right?

Sure, go ahead and add in some max durability repair potions. Any integrity the game once had is long, long gone now, and they might as well try to squeeze out as much money as possible from the dwindling audience of this ruined game.
  • EraleaEralea
    I'm so lost, why is everyone in this thread acting like we don't have max dura repairs?
  • MontjulentMontjulent
    @Hardmuscle
    Does anything you said address any of the points I brought up?

You even agree with me, all having a way of restoring max durability would do is prevent someone from buying a new item; In other words, invalidating the entire point of the durability system in the first place and ensuring people aren't contributing to the economy through replacing broken gear.

You're right though, at this point in the game's life, adding in a way to restore lost max durability wouldn't effect the game at all. There's already so many ways of conserving durability, and there's already such a flood of cheap, high-end gear from the endless gachapons and events that durability barely even matters anymore; Heck, almost none of the systems in the game designed to give it longevity and encourage player interaction matter anymore. Everything has been cheapened and replaced with instant gratification rewards and cash shop items.

And don't worry about the item being free or overly-available-- without a doubt they'd make it either a 25$ cash shop item, or only obtainable from gachapons, just like the durability boosting and protecting items already in the game are.
  • MontjulentMontjulent
    @Hardmuscle
    Lets say you have an item that was originally 20 max durability, and through wear and tear and 90% enchants failing, has dropped to 10 max durability.

What's the difference between:
    - Using 10 hammers on it to increase it's original max durability to 30, which taking into the account the 10 durability that has been permanently lost, brings it to 20 durability.

VS

- Using a durability restore potion to restore it's max durability to it's original at 20

In the case of someone like yourself, just looking to recover your lost durability, nothing; They're both effectively the exact same.

The only difference would be that the person who used the hammers would now be able to use a durability potion to instantly recover even more durability, as the item's original max durability has now been increased even further, making the durability system even more a joke.

Again, though, the durability system is already a joke. Players can already restore an item's durability to it's original amount through enough hammers. There's no reason not to implement a durability repair potion at this point, the game is already screwed over, and they might as well take advantage of the few players remaining by catering to their every whim and desire with cash shop items.
  • pcuser510pcuser510
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Which hammer should I get I got only 11 dura 20 is good enough
  • MontjulentMontjulent
    edited October 13, 2017
    Oh, that's my bad. I haven't played for a while, and assumed the new hammers were able to just add on more durability infinitely.

Regardless, the end result of the example I gave is still the exact same, only people wouldn't be able to exploit the max durability increase as I thought they could, and there'd only be a difference between hammers and the durability potion in the case of items with over 25 original durability.

The point about cheapening the importance of durability being detrimental to the overall game is still standing.
  • EraleaEralea
    I repair max dura all the time! My CP gloves had 2 max dura and I've already brought them back up to 10 dura. The next time we get free hammers I'm gonna restore this:
    xXztq.png
    (Yes, my attempts at making unrestricted CP gear always end in comedy.)

I mean, if you insist, you can continue living in that bizarro universe where you can't repair max dura. But as far as I'm concerned, the possibility already exists in the game and I will make use of it.
  • MontjulentMontjulent
    edited October 13, 2017
    @Hardmuscle
    I think you're getting the durability restoration by hammers confused-- and I'll admit, I wasn't 100% sure on exactly how the newer ones worked, but after reading up on it, the item's original max durability appears to have 0 impact on it's restoration ability.

With a platinum hammer, you can increase an item's current max durability to 20; If it's over 20, you can't use the hammer, and if it's under 20, you can use the hammer on it, regardless of the original maximum durability.

Same with the crystal hammer:
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Crystal_Hammer_of_Durability
    Only it caps out at 25.

It's not increasing the original max durability up to a cap of 20/25, it's increasing the current max durability, post repair and enchant damage, up to a cap of 20/25.
    While this does prevent you from fully repairing an item with over 20/25 durability, the average suit of armor now has around 20-25 as it's original durability, and very few weapons have durability that high.
  • EraleaEralea
    -shrug-

You can argue over the wording all you like. It's all +1 max dura to me.

If OP really wants to, he can have his 25 dura armour back using items that already exist in the game. I only agree that they should be added to the cash shop.
  • MontjulentMontjulent
    That's not the question, though. the OP is wanting an item that will restore his armor's max durability.
    And I'm trying to argue that such an item should not be included, as it would be detrimental to the game overall.
    And someone else brought up that a similar item already exists: Hammers can be used to restore an item up to a max of 25.

What are you arguing now, that hammers can't increase an item's durability over 25? You're right, reading the description of the hammers, they can't.
    With that said, the fact that you had to ask if we had any items with over 25 durability puts into light just how few items have that much.

In 90% of the cases, the hammers are able to fully restore an item to it's original durability, and in the OP's case, it's able to do exactly what he wants.

Also, you could use a golden hammer to increase a 25 durability item to 26. Just once though, but still works!
  • EraleaEralea
    Don't worry, I'm sure the KR gacha team will someday release a Super Potent Crystal Ancient Glittering Jesus Durability Hammer that lets you take gear up to 100 dura.

Until then, you can restore its lost dura back up to 25.

And stop entrusting Ferghus with your armour; losing 45 max dura, even in a hypothetical situation, is crazy.
  • EraleaEralea
    edited October 13, 2017
    Uwah, you're so mad today. I'm joking, don't be so sulky.

You're asking to restore a lot of max dura on a game originally designed to not have max dura repairs in the first place. It's gonna be rare, expensive and difficult no matter how they implement it.

So what is it that you want? You want a Potion that will restore an originally 45 dura Melka from 0 back to 45? Would it repair one point at a time like a hammer, or would it repair all the original dura at one go?

Given the price of Repair and Enchant Prot Pots, how much is this Potion going to cost? Will it be cheaper to just ruin your armour with enchants and Ferghus and then use the Potion to repair it all? Will Nexon implement that knowing that it'll destroy the sales of the prot pots? Or will it be ridiculously expensive, to the point that no one would buy it anyway?

In the first place, do items even store their original dura in their data, or do they only keep track of their current max dura? Do they keep track of how much dura was lost to repairs vs enchanting?

EDIT:
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Come on, lol. Deny it. I want to see you deny it. Tell me you were not mad enough to quit the game forever when you broke your first expensive item, all of those years ago (before hammers and 100% repairs became a thing). Lie to me. ~ :lol:

This is my first expensive armour from when I started in 2009:
    xXD0r.png

Sorry mate, I can't relate. :p I've never broken an item down to 0/0 before. I also still have my first wand! It's 3/3.
  • EraleaEralea
    Naahhh I saw you editing in all those stuff in later. U totally mad lololol.
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    edited October 13, 2017
    Okay okay I'll tell you my secret for never having any 0/0 equips.

I feed them to my gorgeous spirit mace when they reach 2/2. He ate my first sword too (the one Duncan gives you after Eiry), that's why I don't have it to show you.
    But I did keep this one because it has both the enchants from when I did G1 and G3 for the first time.

And he can't eat the wand, it's special upgraded.
    [Deleted User]