Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best weapon/talent to complement Chain Slash?

bunny11bunny11
Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
in General Chat
I'm currently working towards Chain Slash's release in NA, and I'd like to ask for opinions on what the best secondary weapon/talent might be to complement Chain slash's movestet.

in other words, I'm maining Chain Slash, but what would you consider the best secondary weapon for Chain Slash master?

Comments

• bunny11bunny11
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    FYI: ELF
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited October 13, 2017
    Wuld U like the Kinky set? Or the set 4 Normies? :*
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited October 14, 2017
    Puppeteer control bar? i guess?
    or knuckle also fine

knuckle is useful as you only need 2 or 3 (counter punch) skill slots, fast, and hit pretty hard on one target
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Easy, the best weapon to compliment chain slash is chain slash.

Or if you want to be a fancy jack of all trades without heavy investment outside of AP, magic.

And by magic, I mean having a staff on standby for nothing but lightning rod.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Im personally going to switch around with puppeteer and magic. Mostly just puppeteer + chain slash constant grabbing will be fun.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    The skills of chain slash seem so spammy that I doubt you'll be able to use much on the side, so I recommend an alternate damage type instead of a talent whose style complements chain slash. I am not sure which type chain slash is, I assume it's melee but it could be ranged too. Or both. So I'd intuitively recommend magic. That way, if you face a foe with multiple damage resistances, you can still whoop his butt.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I saw a very nice combination of...
    Darn what are these skills gonna be called here?

Anyways, there's a skill that marks a single enemy, and causes a "gust" to pull nearby enemies closer periodically.
    It works very well with Charging Shuriken's splash, and Kunai Storm.

Ninja, while relying on Str/Will and not giving the Dex/Luck that Chain Slash needs itself, has nice synergy with the skills themselves.

But yeah, puppetry should be nice.
    Chain Slash almost doesn't need a complimentary skillset in battle.
    Almost none of its skills have cooldown, instead being limited by an energy bar. (Dorca or something?)
    And the way to build the energy bar is by attacking with the chain blade weapon or using the HP -> Dorca skill (which does have a cooldown).
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I am going to try out guns with it and pray it doesn't crash me. XD
    badnewsbarrett
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    bunny11 wrote: »
    I'm currently working towards Chain Slash's release in NA, and I'd like to ask for opinions on what the best secondary weapon/talent might be to complement Chain slash's movestet.

in other words, I'm maining Chain Slash, but what would you consider the best secondary weapon for Chain Slash master?

I don't know if this particularly helps but I heard Luck is going to play a big part in it, so it might be good to try to get that up, too. I was told Commercing does that pretty sure.

But also this thread just confirms I need to get on and start puppetry. I've been wanting to for months but meh, just haven't yet... Hopefully it won't be long before we get chain slash here.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited October 14, 2017
    I almost always have my staff on standby for Lightning Rod... There's my answer!
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Id say alch for tons of CC ( crowd controls )
    magic for damage added to it
    Or gunner ninja and puppets for varying degrees of CC and damage mixed in.
    TheOthicVeylainepawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Hardmuscle

What's that quote pointing out with the bolded red text?
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    edited October 15, 2017
    bunny11 wrote: »

go with anything you feel comfortable with really. this question is a matter of preference.

personally I do warrior/fighter/magic/alchemy/archery/ninja for pvp
    and pve I just spam magnum... ladeca is nice

edit:
    oh! forgot to mention since luck is used with this talent set
    apple pie will be in your diet :D
    cater a 10 set of apple pies and your luck will be op
    Veylaine
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited October 15, 2017
    With chain whips? There is only one logical answer.

handcuffs.png

>:)
    badnewsbarrettVeylaineVimipawcalypseHazurahYureikapapaUtsuro_Bune