Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New In Japan

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Sai wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah but we used to be able to buy new pets and outfits directly. Everyone got what they wanted for a price. It was guaranteed. Now we have nothing but gacha and there is no guarantee of anything. It's effing horrible. People are pissed and getting increasingly fed up. The only thing we can buy directly is OLD stuff ONCE in a while. This business model is failing. The whales are leaving.

I sure did spend a lot of NX buying a every rebirth outfit that came out.

Also the third page in this thread is dark and depressing.
    ZtoR7Vv.jpg

Me too, I used to buy 2-3, I would keep one for myself and sell off the others. They made more money off of me with direct sales, not this gambling gacha crap.
    Buffalos wrote: »
    The model's failing in America. It's killing it out in the East, so our Eastern developer friends aren't likely to try and create catered sales for another region. We've pretty much followed every outfit/pet release to the letter of what Korea has done for the past 5 years or so: they aren't likely to change that unless someone reallllllllllly high up starts to complain as well.

Well at least you admit it IS failing. I think NA is still under some kind of deadly delusion that this business model is just fine and dandy. That's why what I am saying is not quite FUD guys, maybe not now but we're getting there. It's getting pretty concerning. You know what happens to games that don't make enough money right?

Yeah...I don't want that to happen. :(
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Came in here wondering what the 20 replies were...
    Every took Watercat's bait and lost the game lol.
    Sherri
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Opalthira wrote: »

but its the harsh truth, you can't say Gocha is better or anything it is nothing more than Overwatch lootbox.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    watercat0 wrote: »

but its the harsh truth, you can't say Gocha is better or anything it is nothing more than Overwatch lootbox.

Except Overwatch's lootboxes are full of purely cosmetic items and have no affect on the gameplay whatsover, which the same can't be said for some of the items released in Mabinogi's gachapons.
    BuffalosSaiSherriTairiku
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

Except Overwatch's lootboxes are full of purely cosmetic items and have no affect on the gameplay whatsover, which the same can't be said for some of the items released in Mabinogi's gachapons.

Look at it, how does this gotcha help you ingame: https://kek.gg/i/VHfxW.jpg
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

Look at it, how does this gotcha help you ingame: https://kek.gg/i/VHfxW.jpg

Since when Totem's, Amnesia Teeny Nao's, Platinum Hammers and Pan/Lorna Goldboxes are useless stuff...?

Kek. GG.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Wow, topic derailed quite a bit. What about the new animoo weeb crossover?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    ok le's stop derailing and just appreciate this 2cute anime :P
    Policroma
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nah... I'm getting entertained by trolls more than that anime at this moment :D
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

But Overwatch is pay to play...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    Wow, topic derailed quite a bit. What about the new animoo weeb crossover?

Welcome to Mabinogi Forums, where derailment is always guaranteed.
    We talk about crossing over anime, are you sure the anime isn't crossing over Mabi?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    If anyone's still paying attention, the show had a "blink and you'll miss it" mabi advertisement at the convenience store scene.
    Darkpixie99SherriSaiNilrem
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited October 20, 2017
    Honestly, why play the game if you do nothing but hate every second of it? This is not me, assuming your one complaint is unjustified, but simply noting that your posts are nothing BUT complaints. Why? It is also imperative to keep in mind that "criticisms are meaningless from those who offer nothing but criticisms". Can we please give it a rest?

PolicromaSebastianYurei
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Honestly, why play the game if you do nothing but hate every second of it? This is not me, assuming your one complaint is unjustified, but simply noting that your posts are nothing BUT complaints. Why? It is also imperative to keep in mind that "criticisms are meaningless from those who offer nothing but criticisms". Can we please give it a rest?

Nah.
    Tairiku
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 20, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    If anyone's still paying attention, the show had a "blink and you'll miss it" mabi advertisement at the convenience store scene.

I admit, that was rather depressing. Just a single flash and it looks just the same as the 'fake' anime MMOG giftcard, almost as if it wasn't all that important.
    Was expecting them to use NPCs in a planted event sequence, or fourth wall break somehow.

*Edit*
    @watercat0
    Mabinogi KR's official Youtube Playlist
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited October 20, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »

HzMpGlW.jpg
    Heh.

edit: better version
    SherriIyasenuCrimsọn
  • SherriSherri
    Haha that is hilarious xD
    Not joking, I laughed to myself in real life.
  • SherriSherri
    Yeah, with gachas left and right, the F2P players have to work their butt off just to get at least one outfit.
    I'm often told by pros that they worked hard for their gold.
    However, then they turn around and open a few stacks of gacha and sell it's goods for millions of gold.
    That does not count as 'working hard'.
    ShaeliTairikuoffwithyourheads
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Nearly every people in game are not friendly.

Not sure what server you are on, but where I'm at me and a lot of other people help and guide new people a lot.
    Might be because of the small population. Makes one really appreciate whats there.
    Sherri wrote: »
    Yeah, with gachas left and right, the F2P players have to work their butt off just to get at least one outfit.
    I'm often told by pros that they worked hard for their gold.
    However, then they turn around and open a few stacks of gacha and sell it's goods for millions of gold.
    That does not count as 'working hard'.

And to continue on this comment, yeah some people actually do this.

Makes me happy to have good gold without gacha.
    Means I can teach my ways to new players and help them get on their feet.
    Then I run into them a month later and without any RL money used they got their desired outfit or even wings.

So proud of them.
    A sense of camaraderie always feels really nice in a community.
    Don't know why some people just be rude and go against such.
    Sherrioffwithyourheads
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited October 26, 2017
    again there was a mabi reference in today's netjuu no susume episode... nao <3