Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Weather Channel App

pawcalypsepawcalypse
Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
in General Chat
travelers_guide.png

Not complaining but it is a good improvement; now are they going to make one for Cooking, Auctions, Enchants, etc.?
  1. Do we need more GUIs like this?34 votes
    1. This is enough
       29% (10 votes)
    2. More!
       50% (17 votes)
    3. N/A
       0% (0 votes)
    4. What else can there be?
       21% (7 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 19, 2017
    I am very happy with this update. I gripped about not having the new moongate traveler book for months. And what do they do? They give us the most awesome neglected update ever. Thanks NA!!! I thought this UI was forever going to be a KR thing only.

Since we finally have this, I have regained hope that eventually they will upgrade our VIP service and increase the housing gold cap. Keep up the good work NA team. We now know for sure that you can give us what KR has (and even JP), it just takes time.

tenor.gif

I can't wait. SQUEEEEEE!!!
    WolfandWolfpawcalypseSherriVeylaineDarkpixie99
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Gaea wrote: »
    I am very happy with this update. I gripped about not having the new moongate traveler book for months. And what do they do? They give us the most awesome neglected update ever. Thanks NA!!! I thought this UI was forever going to be a KR thing only.

Since we finally have this, I have regained hope that eventually they will upgrade our VIP service and increase the housing gold cap. Keep up the good work NA team. We now know for sure that you can give us what KR has (and even JP), it just takes time.

tenor.gif

I can't wait. SQUEEEEEE!!!

I know I love it so much!!! :D :D :D :D I had been hoping they would release the new moongate traveler book too, and this doesn't just give us the book (well a variation of it) but we get all this extra stuff too~

I'm so happy! ^ ^

I wish I could log in right now, but I'm busy with work. How much does the fee cost? I can't wait til later tonight to see it!!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The fee seems to be based on how far you are from the MG/MT in question.

If the MG/MT is on another continent, the fee is even higher. (even if you're on Uladh and want to go to a Belvast Moon Gate, may as well just teleport to a same-continent MG and use it manually to go between the two lol)

In Tir Chonnail, going to Tir Fields MG = 300 gold.
    In Tir Chonnail, going to Scathach Fishing Area = 6,060 gold

I think the biggest fee is somewhere over 10,000 gold.
    pawcalypseWolfandWolfSherri
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    edited October 19, 2017
    I know I love it so much!!! :D :D :D :D I had been hoping they would release the new moongate traveler book too, and this doesn't just give us the book (well a variation of it) but we get all this extra stuff too~

I'm so happy! ^ ^

I wish I could log in right now, but I'm busy with work. How much does the fee cost? I can't wait til later tonight to see it!!

The cost varies, no matter the distance but most Mana Tunnels, if you are in Uladh, are around 9k to 10k gold.
    hot_springs_mana_warp.png
    Hot Springs Mana Tunnel

human_mark_mana_warp.png
    The Human Mark Mana Tunnel

quilla_mana_warp.png
    Port Qilla Mana Tunnel

Luckily I have Warp Imps from sales and the one you get as a prize. I am glad Mabinogi doesn't charge for carry on luggage and you won't get overbooked.
    WolfandWolfSherri
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    edited October 19, 2017
    How are we supposed to view our talents now that the Traveler Guide is that button? .-.
    Nevermind! Apparently now you click the active talent in your C window!
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Carlize wrote: »
    How are we supposed to view our talents now that the Traveler Guide is that button? .-.

Press the Character icon:
    character_icon.png
    Carlize
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited October 19, 2017
    @Iyasenu and @pawcalypse

Whoa, 10K isn't that bad! For newer players, maybe, but as I understand this is only for if you are 1K or above and new players still get theirs free.

And I definitely agree that it should cost more to travel between continents, but we still have continent warp so it's just a matter of strategics. And yes, lol, definitely warp imps! I recently bought another one myself from the market channel; time to put him to good use! :D

But ~10K is definitely a nice upper limit. It isn't too much that you steadily bleed money, but I think it's high enough that anyone who is trying to save up might think twice about using it relentlessly and constantly.

Also, it'll probably help with my bad habit of not keeping emergency gold in my pet invos. XD I need to stop hoarding everything in my bank and going places completely broke lolol.

Anyways, thank you both so much!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Good gold sink for lazy players.

That's my opinion.
    Sherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    @Iyasenu and @pawcalypse

Whoa, 10K isn't that bad! For newer players, maybe, but as I understand this is only for if you are 1K or above and new players still get theirs free.

And I definitely agree that it should cost more to travel between continents, but we still have continent warp so it's just a matter of strategics. And yes, lol, definitely warp imps! I recently bought another one myself from the market channel; time to put him to good use! :D

But ~10K is definitely a nice upper limit. It isn't too much that you steadily bleed money, but I think it's high enough that anyone who is trying to save up might think twice about using it relentlessly and constantly.

Also, it'll probably help with my bad habit of not keeping emergency gold in my pet invos. XD I need to stop hoarding everything in my bank and going places completely broke lolol.

Anyways, thank you both so much!

Don't worry too much for the newer players.

There's no gold fee for using the Traveler's Guide warping if they're below total level 1,000!

I wonder if they did away with the Moonlight Traveler's Book, or if they still hand it out even though this exists.
    WolfandWolf
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited October 19, 2017
    We need improved market app, not just housing app.

Has anyone noticed there's no temperature in the game, no extreme weather either. Even with thunderstorms, there's no downpours or flooding despite having no sewage systems whatsoever.
    pawcalypseLeilicia
  • IyasenuIyasenu

Has anyone noticed there's no temperature in the game, no extreme weather either. Even with thunderstorms, there's no downpours or flooding despite having no sewage systems whatsoever.

More weather-based effects?

Hot weather boosts fire damage, cold weather boosts ice?

Storms make Thunder do more!?

Erinn's nice so they don't have to deal with extreme weather.
    Though this game does have Hurricanes. :lol:
    KensamaofmariWolfandWolfSherrikapapapawcalypsebadnewsbarrett
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I still don't see how rain boosts production success.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf

I lol'd at the hurricanes XD

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

As of now, Hurricane Ophelia is flooding Ireland's potatoes.
    New storyline? 9dnGeIh.png

But in reality, I hope to god that Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England are doing alright and that their people are out of harms way. :(
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Sherri wrote: »
    But in reality, I hope to god that Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England are doing alright and that their people are out of harms way. :(

as far as I can tell they seem to be, as a friend of mine is au pair in scotland and currently touring the highlands with her sister, and they seem to be doing fine
    Sherri
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    "Tired of walking to the Moon Gates or Mana Tunnels to warp somewhere?"

D-Did we really become that lazy?
    SherripawcalypseGreta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 19, 2017
    Really saddening... We already got poop ton of moongates and mana tunnels everywhere and they work 24/7 as well, but people still got even more lazy..
    Sherri
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    Sai wrote: »

Greta wrote: »
    Really saddening... We already got poop ton of moongates and mana tunnels everywhere and they work 24/7 as well, but people still got even more lazy..

Happens to a lot of mmo's, the older they get the more content starts to build up and eventualy mmo dev's give out fast travel options or items. I kind of don't mind them in certain mmo's because traveling can be a pain in those games sometimes. What I wish dev's would do more is letting people unlock those areas by visiting them first before letting any and every new player be able to warp to high level/end game areas. Then again, everyone has alt accounts in most mmo's so why bother.

It's basically used as a quick and lazy salution in a lot of mmo's.
    SherriGretapawcalypse
    Sai wrote: »

Don't say we
    Sherri wrote: »

As of now, Hurricane Ophelia is flooding Ireland's potatoes.
    New storyline? 9dnGeIh.png

Ophelia? That was 7 storylines ago. 9dnGeIh.png
    Sherri