Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Halloween event how many coins do we get?

TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
edited October 19, 2017 in General Chat
So we need jackolanturn coins (takes 15 normal pumpkin coins)
-can only do daily for 1 pumpkin coin (edit this quest seems to be given twice*)
-and afk for 30 mins to obtain a coin
-and staying logged in for 10 consecutive days for 3 jackolanturn coins total
-and obtain 5 pumpkin coins on weekends
so... how many jackolanturn coins will i be able to get??

Comments

• lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Too few for the time it will take
    Probably the 1st Halloween event in years I won't even bother with as all the good items are in the pay crap(not interested in homestead trash as I got bank tabs full of past stuff).
    courtneyy
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    lidiya wrote: »
    Too few for the time it will take
    Probably the 1st Halloween event in years I won't even bother with as all the good items are in the pay crap(not interested in homestead trash as I got bank tabs full of past stuff).

u should sell hs items so i can buy them. (depending on ur server) ited help me the more ppl sell them- i also beleive its 7hours of afk time to get 1-jackolanturn coin
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    o.0 you actually get a coin for 30minute afking?
    I didn't get a single coin for logging in (and of course, I already started the quest)
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited October 19, 2017
    You have to relog/change channel after selecting your main. It says it in the Event Notice http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J7T.

Sherri
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    edited October 19, 2017
    So:
    We have 21 days.
    Logging in all 21 days will give 1 coin per day (= 21) + the 2 coins you get by staying logged 30 mins (= 42) + a coin per each daily sm you do (2 sms = 42) + 3 week-ends with 5 coins a day (= 30) for a total of: 135 Pumpkin Coins.
    With this you can add the 21 2017 Pumpkin Boxes you get by talking to the NPC everyday (one per day, 7am reset) and 3 Jack O'Lantern Coins (1 for 7 consecutive days and 2 for 10 consecutive days)

This is what you'll get by logging in every single day and doing all the daily shadow missions and waiting 30 minutes each day, while talking to the NPC.

[The announcement page seems to have gotten the coins per day wrong (it says "Login consecutively each day to receive 2 coins!" and "Stay logged in daily for 30 minutes to receive 1 Pumpkin Coin."): when selecting your main character, it instantly gives you 1 coin, while when relogging the window chat says if you stay for 30 minutes it will give you 2 coins. This can be confirmed when starting the event]
    badnewsbarrett
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Leinei wrote: »
    You have to relog/change channel after selecting your main. It says it in the Event Notice http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J7T.

Thanks <3
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    edited October 19, 2017
    I think the announcement means to say that you can logout and login the next day, as long as they're conescutive, right? I mean, having to stay logged in for 7 or even 10 days straight would be riddikulus (yes, it's spelled this way on purpose)

EDIT: also, can confirm you get 2 coins instead of 1 for staying logged 30 minutes, as I just got them.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    i havnt gotten a single coin and i logged in... i think its ONCE A DAY stay logged in for 30 mins to get ONE coin....
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    did you cc after selecting a main char at the pumpkin farmer? because for me everything is working fine after cc'ing. also, you get 2 coins for the 30 minute login if everything is working properly
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    did you cc after selecting a main char at the pumpkin farmer? because for me everything is working fine after cc'ing. also, you get 2 coins for the 30 minute login if everything is working properly

so is it two coins a day for staying logged in for 30 mins or A coin EVERY 30 mins? cus if so this is the most rigged event ever LOL
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    seems to be 2 coins per day for the 30 minutes part. been on for well over an hour by now and didn't get anything past those first 30 minutes
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    wow... so 4 pumpkin coins A DAY and you need 15 for ONE pumpkin lantern coin.... i dont even know how to react to this
    courtneyy
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    wow... so 4 pumpkin coins A DAY and you need 15 for ONE pumpkin lantern coin.... i dont even know how to react to this

I think it should be 5 pumpkin coins everyday. One for logging in initially, two for doing the daily SM's (in Taill and Tara), and two for staying logged in for 30 min. Also, this weekend we get an additional 5, I believe, for the hot time.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

I think it should be 5 pumpkin coins everyday. One for logging in initially, two for doing the daily SM's (in Taill and Tara), and two for staying logged in for 30 min. Also, this weekend we get an additional 5, I believe, for the hot time.

SHOULD just be get a coin every 30 mins.... like i was shocked i had to get 15 coins to make a coin, THEN shocked it wasnt monster drop, but a two part quest every once a day. AND THEN JUST MAD that its not afk every 30 mins for 1 coin its AFK TWENTY FOUR HOURS for 1 coin (or two w/e) its ridiculous.... ppl dont live this long...
    so rigged....
    Raincloud95
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Well, good job, Nexon. Another confusing event.
    So after getting 2 coins for staying on 30 minutes, then that is all we get (for staying logged in)?
  • SherriSherri
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

SHOULD just be get a coin every 30 mins.... like i was shocked i had to get 15 coins to make a coin, THEN shocked it wasnt monster drop, but a two part quest every once a day. AND THEN JUST MAD that its not afk every 30 mins for 1 coin its AFK TWENTY FOUR HOURS for 1 coin (or two w/e) its ridiculous.... ppl dont live this long...
    so rigged....

Ah! Thanks for the summary. Wow.. gonna be a pain.
    Just like every event, just pray you get enough coins for everything you want.
    Sigh..
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    NekoLily wrote: »
    So:
    We have 21 days.
    Logging in all 21 days will give 1 coin per day (= 21) + the 2 coins you get by staying logged 30 mins (= 42) + a coin per each daily sm you do (2 sms = 42) + 3 week-ends with 5 coins a day (= 30) for a total of: 135 Pumpkin Coins.
    With this you can add the 21 2017 Pumpkin Boxes you get by talking to the NPC everyday (one per day, 7am reset) and 3 Jack O'Lantern Coins (1 for 7 consecutive days and 2 for 10 consecutive days)

So if I'm reading this correctly, we should get enough to get one of each of the purchasable HS item and maybe a chair? (Assuming we're not buying the boxes.)
  • SherriSherri
    So:
    We have 21 days.

So if I'm reading this correctly, we should get enough to get one of each of the purchasable HS item and maybe a chair? (Assuming we're not buying the boxes.)

So we get 135 pumpkin coins in total?
    135 / 15 = 9 Jack o' Lantern Coins
    Consecutive Days gives 3..
    12 Jack o' Lantern coins..?
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Sherri wrote: »
    So:
    We have 21 days.

So we get 135 pumpkin coins in total?
    135 / 15 = 9 Jack o' Lantern Coins
    Consecutive Days gives 3..
    12 Jack o' Lantern coins..?

yeah it feels like a badly advertised log in event. (cause it appears as a afk event)- its like a log in event were instead of getting a set item, u get to pick ur item (plus u gotta do dailies) - so its like... dailies with better prizes.... i gotta say it is the "best" log in event, in that way.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Why do coins always has to be limited. Why can't we earn it in game like the Samhain event sigh
    SherriMeyRaincloud95