Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Halloween event how many coins do we get?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 20, 2017
    Wait... You get coins for every 30min login?? Damn, i forgot to relog... I hope the reset won't happen until i get back from work...
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Greta wrote: »
    Wait... You get coins for evety 30min login?? Damn, i forgot to relog... I hope the reset won't happen until i get back from work...

It resets at 7am PDT and it's 2 coins for staying logged in for 30 min. I've been logged in for hours now and haven't gotten any more coins for staying logged in longer than 30 min.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    If we got coins every 30 mins, that would actually make it an afk event lol.

Does the 30-minute timer reset when ccing? Can I stay on ch1 for 15 minutes and ch5 for 15 minutes and still get 2 coins?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 19, 2017
    I think it's like this;
    You log in and get the quest, Relog/CC (After choosing your main character), and you get a coin for logging in.
    1 coin so far.
    Then if you do both daily SMs, you get one coin per SM.
    3 coins now..
    If you stay logged in, it gives you 2 more coins.
    5 coins.
    I think the amount you can get is 5 per day.

However, if you miss a day, something resets..? I'm confused about that.
    Maybe it's the consecutive for the Jack o' Lantern coins?

NekoLily wrote: »
    So:
    We have 21 days.
    Logging in all 21 days will give 1 coin per day (= 21) + the 2 coins you get by staying logged 30 mins (= 42) + a coin per each daily sm you do (2 sms = 42) + 3 week-ends with 5 coins a day (= 30) for a total of: 135 Pumpkin Coins.
    With this you can add the 21 2017 Pumpkin Boxes you get by talking to the NPC everyday (one per day, 7am reset) and 3 Jack O'Lantern Coins (1 for 7 consecutive days and 2 for 10 consecutive days)

You need 15 to make one Jack o' Lantern Coin.
    5 per day, so it would take 3 days.
    3 Days = 1 Jack o' Lantern Coin.
    Sherri wrote: »
    So we get 135 pumpkin coins in total?
    135 / 15 = 9 Jack o' Lantern Coins
    Consecutive Days gives 3..
    12 Jack o' Lantern coins..?

So what I'm guessing is that we get 12 Jack o' Lantern coins
    OR
    135 Pumpkin coins and 3 Jack o' Lantern Coins
    If you choose not to turn the 135 Pumpkin Coins into JL Coins.

I hate maths.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I think it's like this;
    You log in and get the quest, Relog/CC (After choosing your main character), and you get a coin for logging in.
    1 coin so far.
    3 coins now..
    5 coins.

So:
    We have 21 days.
    Logging in all 21 days will give 1 coin per day (= 21) + the 2 coins you get by staying logged 30 mins (= 42) + a coin per each daily sm you do (2 sms = 42) + 3 week-ends with 5 coins a day (= 30) for a total of: 135 Pumpkin Coins.
    With this you can add the 21 2017 Pumpkin Boxes you get by talking to the NPC everyday (one per day, 7am reset) and 3 Jack O'Lantern Coins (1 for 7 consecutive days and 2 for 10 consecutive days)

OR

I hate maths.

it is also mentioned in the patch notes that we are getting Halloween hotdays later so we will probably get coins from that as well.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited October 20, 2017
    I'm not mad about the coin limits. I just wanted one of those actually nice looking chairs.

The coin system means I can just avoid the RNG box and get exactly what I'm after.

I mean its a boring event, but I appreciate the rewards.

At least its not common fabric.

Now getting someone to sell Succubus Queen Wig on the other hand...
    badnewsbarrett
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I kinda wish those Drawstring things were directly buyable with coins.

Those sound like nice additions to bags.
    If you're full on bags, you can at least use the drawstrings to get a little more space out of them.

But... RNG gift boxes...
    Buy hey, even if you don't buy any of the gift boxes, you get one for talking to the old man every day, right?
    Maybe one of those boxes will be lucky...
    badnewsbarrettSherri
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I think it's like this;
    1 coin so far.
    3 coins now..
    5 coins.

So:
    We have 21 days.

OR

I hate maths.

it's 6 coins if you log in on consecutive days. so the max would be 155 if I did the math correctly (potential hot days/weekends not withstanding)
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    nevyn25 wrote: »

it's 6 coins if you log in on consecutive days. so the max would be 155 if I did the math correctly (potential hot days/weekends not withstanding)

I did the math only counting we would get the same amount of coins for every day (using first day as example). I tried to avoid thinking it would only be 5 coins for the first day and then 6 coins for the other days as the announcement page wasn't clear enough with everything and people seems to not get the 2 coins after 30 mins (?).
    So it seems you're right as I got 2 coins for logging in (actually relogging as I was online since 4 hours before reset)
    RvwMSYX.png

20 more coins than I predicted, YUHUUU
    nevyn25
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I think it's smart that we only get five coins per day personally. I agree it can make the event feel... Underwhelming at first, but this way it makes the event stretch and people can't finish it within two days and complain they're bored and demand new events or something like that.

The next event we're getting, where you can try to get the wings, is gonna be the same way on how you get the coins I'm pretty sure.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited October 20, 2017
    I think it's smart that we only get five coins per day personally. I agree it can make the event feel... Underwhelming at first, but this way it makes the event stretch and people can't finish it within two days and complain they're bored and demand new events or something like that.

Yeah I agree with you. it will be really annoying for instant gratification type folks, but I think it's better than people getting everything on day 1 then complaining that the event was too easy or boring

badnewsbarrettSherriTheDumbOne
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Do you automatically gets 2 coins after changing channel or something if prior to reset you have already logged in for more than 30 minutes. Because I got 4 coins when changing channels right after reset, and did not received coins 30 minutes after that.
    ShouK wrote: »
    Do you automatically gets 2 coins after changing channel or something if prior to reset you have already logged in for more than 30 minutes. Because I got 4 coins when changing channels right after reset, and did not received coins 30 minutes after that.

Did you change channels yesterday after you got the quest? If not, it sounds like you might've gotten yesterday's coins and today's at once.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    ShouK wrote: »

Did you change channels yesterday after you got the quest? If not, it sounds like you might've gotten yesterday's coins and today's at once.
    I did cc after I got the quest and nope, I already got yesterday’s coins before today’s reset..
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750

Eight more coins, total 143 (not counting surprise hot-times); the weekends give you five instead of two, not on top of.
    Assuming the announcement is correct, that is.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If only the consecutive day bonus was a +1 to the daily coin every day. :B

So yesterday we got +1 just for registering
    Then today we got +2 for logging in again.
    If we got +3 for tomorrow, then +4 the next, and so on...
    That'd be a lot more coins to gamble on prizes with. :mrgreen:
    badnewsbarrettSherriYokkaichi
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I was wondering if that's gonna be the case too, I kinda hope so XD
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Yes please!! Q_Q
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    edited October 20, 2017
    Beryl wrote: »

Eight more coins, total 143 (not counting surprise hot-times); the weekends give you five instead of two, not on top of.
    Assuming the announcement is correct, that is.

Why 8? We receive one more coin a day than I predicted in my maths, meaning that we have 20 days with that extra coin instead of the 5 that the first day gave, making it 20 extra coins. And the hot times were already included in the calculus

EDIT: Are you sure the hot time doesn't stack? It never was like that in an event so I actually count it as extra
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You get 5 coins every weekend it says in the event page.