Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tired of Afk events

DingigraphiDingigraphi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
edited October 19, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Now before i get into this thread im going to state this now. This is my own personal opinion everyone else has their own opinion. With that said i will begin.

I am tired of AFKING events. It seems 90% of the events now are afking events. I personally like to earn my rewards with daily tasks or grinding. Doing nothing for something is highly boring for me and my community of friends. Since ive played since the early days of mabinogi I know that it used to not be like this nor were events as frequent as they are now. While i like having events. the afk events are over used. and since this Halloween event is in fact an afker i am kind of depressed. because its 1 of 2 event seasons i look forward to every year. Halloween and Christmas. those 2 event seasons usually have the best events in my opinion. but when i heard that it was a daily shadow mission and afking event i almost cried.

So i want to see How m,any people are tired of afk events and how many aren't as said everyone has their opinion. so feel free to reply!
  1. Are you tired of Afk Events?24 votes
    1. Yes!
       79% (19 votes)
    2. No!
       21% (5 votes)

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I have recently become active again (2 months now) after years of not being able to play, and I am also already sick of AFK events. Also disappointed in the lack of cool clothing that you can just earn, its all cash items.... just my two cents worth.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    This Halloween event isn't even an afk event. Login, chat with the NPC for a box, and do your Taill+Tara dailies for the coins, and by the time you're done it'll probably be the 30min mark.

I wish it was an afk event because I consider the daily SMs to be a boring chore, but unfortunately for me I want that fat cat chair badly enough to play for it.
    Yurei[Deleted User]kapapa
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    you are gaining 2 Coins for afking 30 minutes and 1 for each shadowmission... so it can be considered as an afk event because you are gaining coins for doing nothing.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    If you literally afk for those 30 minutes instead of spending that time doing your missions, that's entirely your problem LOL
    FayeKaiba[Deleted User]Veylaine
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Not really an AFK event. The current AFK event we have going on is Larry's Swimming with the Fishes event. This Halloween event only has you AFK for 30 min. to get 2 coins. In that period of time, you could be doing the daily SM's that award additional coins. Also, the Sky Lantern event is still going on, so even if you aren't fishing or you've already finished getting all the pumpkin coins for the day, you could be killing enemies to get sky lantern kits.

This past summer was also full of mostly non-AFK events too, and September was the only month where there was a lull in active events, and that was probably because people were going back to school. I respect that this is your opinion, but it has a very weak basis for an argument, considering the lack of actual AFK events we've been having recently.
    [Deleted User]Veylaine
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I see why you are upset with this event. Compared to the Halloween Labyrinth (Belisha) or the Little Ghost Event (Alfie & Family), the events this year are a total buzzkill. I'm rather upset too. No interesting storyline or anything, just run SM and AFK for 30 minutes.

Fishing With Larry is AFK and yes, so is the lantern event. Sure you hunt monsters for the kits but then once you get a bunch, you afk by the lighthouse to release lanterns. Though this is optional, but not like it matters because the drop rate for anything good is total crap anyway.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    how is shadow mission afk

you're right that these events are boring though
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    not saying the shadow missionb part was afk lol Im saying the 30 minute afk thing
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Not really an AFK event. The current AFK event we have going on is Larry's Swimming with the Fishes event. This Halloween event only has you AFK for 30 min. to get 2 coins. In that period of time, you could be doing the daily SM's that award additional coins. Also, the Sky Lantern event is still going on, so even if you aren't fishing or you've already finished getting all the pumpkin coins for the day, you could be killing enemies to get sky lantern kits.

This past summer was also full of mostly non-AFK events too, and September was the only month where there was a lull in active events, and that was probably because people were going back to school. I respect that this is your opinion, but it has a very weak basis for an argument, considering the lack of actual AFK events we've been having recently.

Im sorry but that last part is utter garbage. Idk if you haven't played this summer but almost every event was afk. and i did do most of the events this summer. Now if you are counting out the what 4 events that werent afk fine i get it. we had the suspicious wolf, Watermelon thing, that points event. but the rest were mostly afk.
    Sherrikapapa
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

Im sorry but that last part is utter garbage. Idk if you haven't played this summer but almost every event was afk. and i did do most of the events this summer. Now if you are counting out the what 4 events that werent afk fine i get it. we had the suspicious wolf, Watermelon thing, that points event. but the rest were mostly afk.

I did play this summer, and I played every event. Especially towards the end of summer, there were very little AFK events. Mission point kept everyone busy, as did 2x skill training weeks, hot times, and the watermelon event.

See, if there were more non-AFK events, people would complain that it requires too much work, or that they don't have enough time in the day to do the quests. If there are too many AFK events, people complain that it gets boring. There has to be a balance of sorts, and currently, I think there is a balance. You may think that all of these are AFK events, but in order to reap the rewards from these events, you have to work for them (killing monsters to get sky lantern kits, SM's for the pumpkin coins). In my opinion, that doesn't make the events AFK. And according to the stream from Wednesday, we have another non-AFK event coming up this month too.
    [Deleted User]kapapa
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I'm not tired of AFK events because there is no AFK events going on right now. I don't know what game you are playing were running Daily shadow missions counts as AFK but it's not Mabinogi. We also have another Event coming up were you have to do shadow missions. Oh yeah we also have the sky lantern event were you need to hunt down the kits to make the sky lanterns.

Ah yes, the summer of non-AFK events were fun also. I loved playing the mission point event, capture the watermelon event, all those new dan testing daily quests, the few AP events we got, the all summer long master plan event. The monster dodge event was fun also. I loved all the non-afk packed events we had. And how wonderful it was to take a break and AFK after a FULL summer of events.
    Yokkaichi[Deleted User]Gretakapapa
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I think what I want most is just more variety events or some returning.

I was looking forward to past Halloween events returning, and/or Cookie Island with some expansion to it. It had a great story and really wish it was a bit longer/had some updates.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I'm not tired of AFK events because there is no AFK events going on right now. I don't know what game you are playing were running Daily shadow missions counts as AFK but it's not Mabinogi. We also have another Event coming up were you have to do shadow missions. Oh yeah we also have the sky lantern event were you need to hunt down the kits to make the sky lanterns.

Ah yes, the summer of non-AFK events were fun also. I loved playing the mission point event, capture the watermelon event, all those new dan testing daily quests, the few AP events we got, the all summer long master plan event. The monster dodge event was fun also. I loved all the non-afk packed events we had. And how wonderful it was to take a break and AFK after a FULL summer of events.

This ^^^^^^^^^^. My thoughts as well.
    [Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    Sherri wrote: »
    I see why you are upset with this event. Compared to the Halloween Labyrinth (Belisha) or the Little Ghost Event (Alfie & Family), the events this year are a total buzzkill. I'm rather upset too. No interesting storyline or anything, just run SM and AFK for 30 minutes.

Fishing With Larry is AFK and yes, so is the lantern event. Sure you hunt monsters for the kits but then once you get a bunch, you afk by the lighthouse to release lanterns. Though this is optional, but not like it matters because the drop rate for anything good is total crap anyway.

:/
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi

:/

aye
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    I just hope that the Halloween Labyrinth makes a comeback. I know it's only been two years but I loved that event. ;-;
    I also hope the Night Witch/Night Mage outfit bags are on the shop again. Maybe or not this year, just one day lol
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I am both tired and not tired of afk events. I generally hate just having to stand around and be logged in for no reason whatsoever just to get 5cm gems, but I also dislike events that take 3 hours to complete, only to give you...a 5cm gem. Or a non-SE potion. So I can't really say I tend particularly to yes nor no. It's a gray zone. I do not have the time nor electricity to waste on worthless, unfun events. Even if I did have the time for long events though, I would at least want them to be exciting. I generally hate having reruns of the same thing 400 times just because it'd cost more to make something new, unless it's a really good event. Like the treasure chest one. Or meowbinogi (which should really come back at this point, given how everyone could now probably use a perma combo coupon or two).
    SherriJazmynGretakapapa
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    I honestly would have to agree with you on that! good point
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    If they just stopped giving crafting materials in the boxes for the events, I'd honestly be happier.

Potions are more accepted, and would be much better to get than some cheap fabric I can make in 2 minutes.
    SherriJazmynkapapaNyuuHokusai