Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hunting down enchant scrolls

LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in Help
Wellp post-cumulative 1000 and my beginner's enchantments are null ^^; So wanting to go search for good enchantments for my gear so looking for suggestions and whatnot.
Thus far I'm trying to get enchantments for my dual guns and the wiki says I gotta kill golems, yetis and man-eating mutant plants. The only issue I have is the "Wait, I'm only doing 1 damage on crits???"
I'm guessing it has to do with their natural shield thingamabob and I've tried having my horse just attack and tank for me while I just poke it down one hp at a time. The good news is the plant can't move so my horse and I can just keep attacking uninterrupted(until nearby rabbit joins in) and I can even back off and heal then go back in again. The bad news is it takes forever at this pace and if the thing gets off even one shot i'm already below 0 hp and my pet is unconscious. Hell my pet seems to do more melee dmg than i do ranged dmg so I want to keep it alive as long as I can to take down plant but I only have so many feathers T~T
And if its like this I shudder to think of the time I'll have grabbing scrolls for the rest of my gear.
Any suggestions or alternatives for this please let me know ^^

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    don't use guns against man-eating plants they are immune to ranged attacks :c
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    edited October 23, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    don't use guns against man-eating plants they are immune to ranged attacks :c

Wellp I've been trying to train gun slinging up to grandmasters and have gotten to great thus far so its my usual go-to. And I have no other weapons or any other talent skills up past f . I usually just avoid certain monsters with this resistance with the exception to zombies for sake of shadow mission but even then I just have horse do all the work.
    What I'm asking is there a better way for me to get enchantments without fighting man-eating plants/yetis/golems etc?
  • papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    could always poke into the hillwen mine, dont think the mobs there are immune to ranged and still drop dual gun enchants
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    is there a better way for me to get enchantments without fighting man-eating plants/yetis/golems etc?
    https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Category:Enchants
    (https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Enchants_List).
    ~ It depends on the one you want. :)

I think i was looking for Officer's and Automatic
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    papatulus wrote: »
    could always poke into the hillwen mine, dont think the mobs there are immune to ranged and still drop dual gun enchants

ya like recruits and a think one other one for hyenas but the shrieker/golems are what id need to kill and not just one unless i get lucky on first monster drop
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Honestly even if they’re not immune, killing using guns are so not efficient (unless your gun damage is high but I doubt so, being only over 1k and gun need tons of AP to get high str+int), since while drop rates are not that terrible, it’s not that great either unless you’re super lucky I guess. So you have to kill lots.

If I remember correctly, the shrieker are also immune because my kunai storm only does 1 damage.

I think for gun enchant, only conqueror and officer are expensive and most people go with untamed girgashiy, both of which are less than 500k in Alexina so you’re better off grinding money to buy them instead.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    edited October 26, 2017
    If they're not exclusive scrolls ( I have a few exclusives from shyllien ;; ), I'll keep an eye out. iirc you're on Tarlach? I'm ranking up magic craft and tend to kill everything often, so it might drop. (:
  • DarkConductorDarkConductor
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    ShouK wrote: »
    Honestly even if they’re not immune, killing using guns are so not efficient (unless your gun damage is high but I doubt so, being only over 1k and gun need tons of AP to get high str+int), since while drop rates are not that terrible, it’s not that great either unless you’re super lucky I guess. So you have to kill lots.

If I remember correctly, the shrieker are also immune because my kunai storm only does 1 damage.

Man-eating plants and shriekers have very high advanced ranged defense, don't even try using guns or ninja on them. Just magic it through.
    I think for gun enchant, only conqueror and officer are expensive and most people go with untamed girgashiy, both of which are less than 500k in Alexina so you’re better off grinding money to buy them instead.

Basically this probably how you should try gathering the enchants. Unless you have a very good reason to be down there for long periods of time (e.g gathering emerald cores for a friend training hillwen engineering), you're better off grinding SMs or dungeons.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox

You can BUY enchantments....??? ugh...I realize it may not be as good as the other enchantments but for now im content with less than par enchantments since my current ones are for pre 1000 cumulative lol
  • DarkConductorDarkConductor
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    You can buy any enchants. The only exceptions are enchants that have "Exclusive Enchant Scroll" in the heading because they are scrolls that are bound to the person that receives it.
    You'll have to use NX to buy the trade unlock potion which lets the bound item trade over to another person.