Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Old event/gacha stuff shuld be put into Dung/Sms

ApologistApologist
Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
in Feedback and Suggestions
No collaboration or recent stuff. Just old and unobtainable event stuff and out of date gachapon items should get recycle as freemuim drops in dungeons and shadow missions to revitalize them. Make the gacha stuff timed so the people who wanna be special snowflakes that dropped hundreds of dollars in the past can be happy if they still cared about outdated gacha items. End chest/Boss drops/Mini boss/treasure rooms/mob drops take your pick or do them all idc. This is just to make dungeons/ shadow mission less boring and more rewarding and allow us to obtain old stuff that no longer have a timing window to resurface.
AmesenpaiSaerrin

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    what items do you mean though? Because they eventually re-release most stuff in gachas again.
    Amesenpai
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Amazing Racer Caps in chest drops. Eww.
    Amesenpai
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    >.> i think they just need to update the chest loot you get. would be nice
    AmesenpaiYangKoeteSherriHazurahpurpleylilblkroseSaerrin
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I think this is a really good idea, though personally I think if they're added, none of it should be timed. Especially because they were gacha items, they'd probably have a smaller drop rate so they'd be harder to get.
    RheyAmesenpaiSherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I think this is a really good idea, though personally I think if they're added, none of it should be timed. Especially because they were gacha items, they'd probably have a smaller drop rate so they'd be harder to get.

I agree...and my 2 cents I'll add on it is make stuff like radiant strings more common drop and let the uber rare stuff be these novelties.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Hmm pattern from production gacha and iria treasure chest event would be super nice.

yeah some of those BS manuals are more reasonable to work with
    YangKoete
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    The chests already have overbloated loot tables to draw from. Bringing back old items would be great so those new people (like me) could get them but at the same time the drop odds on needed items (looking at you hellhound skull) is low enough already.

And IF you bring back old items you know there will be uproar on why item x is included but item y isn't.
    JazmynYangKoeteSherriSaerrin
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited October 29, 2017
    The chests already have overbloated loot tables to draw from. Bringing back old items would be great so those new people (like me) could get them but at the same time the drop odds on needed items (looking at you hellhound skull) is low enough already.

I'd say remove the pure junk stuff and do a Rng system kind of like Artisan upgrades. Rng 4 each reward category whether it'll drop...then Rng on what pays out from each of that category that got lit. :*
    Amesenpai
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Rhey wrote: »

I'd say remove the pure junk stuff and do a Rng system kind of like Artisan upgrades. Rng 4 each reward category whether it'll drop...then Rng on what pays out from that category that got lit. :*

But but, everyone loves getting 1 cm gems and 10 hp/mp/stam pots. They can't take away the junk, the players might actually get something good and never run the dungeon again!

Seriously though, that is a good idea. Therefore it can never happen.
    Saerrin
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    My worry about this, is getting an over abundance of the "unwanted items"; for example, there are a million wing headbands and horns from the current gacha floating around.... past gachas im assuming had similar items... so are we going to just get the unwanted drops, but not that book we need to rank up our skill, kind of thing though?

~Unless chest rewards are the same with an added "gacha" of past items in every chest?
    Amesenpai
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Maybe add the old gacha stuff to those treasure chests? Y'know the ones that need keys in harder dungeons that nobody seems to care about anymore because the prizes are not worth it?
    Unless you are like me and collect every gold piece you can. :)
    LeiliciaJazmynSaerrin
  • ApologistApologist
    I'm pretty sure I don't need to air out a list of the old stuff we can no longer obtain. Nexon should check the closet and choose what items to decide to stuff into their method of preference as in-game drops.
    Sherri
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Non-timed re-release of bull enchants and better-than-craftable-stuff items as actual ingame content as decently dropped dungeon and shadow mission rewards. Such as the floor enchants. Music buff enchants for accessories. Creepy, haunted, etc. enchants for accessories that are behind a ridiculous paywall.

I wouldn't even care for old cosmetic items at this point. What's bothering me is that every damn useful thing is locked behind a gacha that no longer exists and has had crappy chances even when it existed, but they still exist. There are timed buff-like items you get for your cash shop inventory every now and again in vindi, but here, you get actual permanent gear that matters too much. What does one even run content for? So, that's what I vote we make available.
    SherriJazmyn
  • ApologistApologist
    ^That is fine as well. Desecration is up to Nexon in the end regardless. Just make it happen.
    SherriJazmyn
  • TheRocket35TheRocket35
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Sherri wrote: »
    Maybe add the old gacha stuff to those treasure chests? Y'know the ones that need keys in harder dungeons that nobody seems to care about anymore because the prizes are not worth it?
    Unless you are like me and collect every gold piece you can. :)

I like that idea. It doesn't interfere with the drop table of end chest and it is a good way to make people at least somewhat care about the treasure chest again.
    Saerrin