Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Life skill revamp please

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
in Feedback and Suggestions
I would really like some life skills to be revamped.. We dont have rank 1 resting :https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Rest
We dont have rank 1 campfire: https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Campfire
..And i really wouldnt mind the fishing system be updated. :( i have never once been able to use that thing and i really dont like afking and leaving my laptop on all night just to fish, Would love to just do manually.
Then there is Magic Craft, Rare Mineralogy, Hillwen Engineering and Shyllien Ecology.. They dont actually go to any talent yet they are labeled under lifeskills, I really wanted to do these skills but its actually a grind to do it. I would like to see them actually apart of something. Im impressed some people can actually deal with how long it takes for it to level.. xD but thats just me. But over all i would honestly like to see us get some change on the life skills.
DANIartsSherriNegumikoNerdylicious

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 26, 2017
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    ..And i really wouldnt mind the fishing system be updated. :( i have never once been able to use that thing and i really dont like afking and leaving my laptop on all night just to fish, Would love to just do manually.

But...But... You can fish up things manually. But that thing is too tedious, that's why most people leave things for auto-fishing.
    JazmynSherri
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    +1 To the life skills that aren't tied to any talent to be tied to a talent for easier grinding. I'm working on magic craft and I use 3 training seals from lantern event to get 30.00 and then ap train the rest of it to rank it. Easy way, but I know I wont get r1 before the event ends and then it'll be a pain to get 30.00 ;( if it was tied to a life talent it'd be a bit easier.
    ValenmirYangKoete
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Greta wrote: »

But...But... You can fish up things manually. But that thing is too tedious, that's why most people leave things for auto-fishing.

I didnt say you couldnt do it manually >.> i said ive never been able to do it.. its just hard. when you ask about fishing must people tell you to afk because of that.
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Leilicia wrote: »
    +1 To the life skills that aren't tied to any talent to be tied to a talent for easier grinding. I'm working on magic craft and I use 3 training seals from lantern event to get 30.00 and then ap train the rest of it to rank it. Easy way, but I know I wont get r1 before the event ends and then it'll be a pain to get 30.00 ;( if it was tied to a life talent it'd be a bit easier.

I've said it before; We need something like an "Irian Crafter" or whatever.
    LeiliciaSherri
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Irian Crafter would be an interesting talent name! =D
    YangKoetepurpley
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Leinei wrote: »
    Irian Crafter would be an interesting talent name! =D

It makes sense, and can include both the Hillwen stuff and Magic Craft, that way they don't need to make two different talents.

The stat boosts could be for Stamina and Mana too! owo
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 26, 2017

I didnt say you couldnt do it manually >.> i said ive never been able to do it.. its just hard. when you ask about fishing must people tell you to afk because of that.

So what do you suggest doing to allow us to still manual fish but not AFK?

As a person who loves to fish IRL, I'm not sure there is a whole lot more they can do to make fishing more "realistic" in this style game.... yet easier but not AFK?
    Greta
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Jazmyn wrote: »

As a person who loves to fish IRL, I'm not sure there is a whole lot more they can do to make fishing more "realistic" in this style game.... yet easier but not AFK?

... xD that isnt what i said at all..-sigh- Im saying i would like a better manual fishing.I dont like leaving my game up all the time and afking, a lot of games ive played in the past with fishing were actually a lot easier then this- Honestly xD though ive played few games, Mabi is the only one i cant do manual fishing in.
  • JazmynJazmyn

... xD that isnt what i said at all..-sigh- Im saying i would like a better manual fishing.I dont like leaving my game up all the time and afking, a lot of games ive played in the past with fishing were actually a lot easier then this- Honestly xD though ive played few games, Mabi is the only one i cant do manual fishing in.

It is what you said... you want manual fishing easier because you have never been able to do it, but dont want to leave your computer on afk all night? Im not sure how it can become any easier then keeping a fish in a box besides what they have set up for auto-fishing... lol. I was honestly looking for ideas, not being angry.....

I suppose they could reduce the numbers of fish/items/scrolls to be caught for ranking the skill, and remove the ability to auto-fish the skill for rank up...
  • ValenmirValenmir
    @Jazmyn Sorry- i miss read that, its been a long week..
    personal i like the fixing in Aura Kingdom and would like it if fishing was like that on here, on there you just hold on a button and keep the marker in the good color. Depending on the fish you get, small, big and rare, it would be a small good area to keep the marker in or it would just be harder to some what managed.
    But i know that mostly wouldnt get a chance to be like that.. I wouldnt mind if the box we have to keep the fish in was a bit bigger.. and maybe a little more control on it or give us more time to fix it when the fish is out of the box. Every time ive tried it, it seems the moment the fishs tail is out of the box its over.
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    It sounds like you need to rank up your Fishing skill. I almost always fish manually and it sounds as if you aren't a high enough rank yet.

I do agree that some skills should be able to reach Rank 1 that currently cannot.
    Greta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    personal i like the fixing in Aura Kingdom and would like it if fishing was like that on here, on there you just hold on a button and keep the marker in the good color. Depending on the fish you get, small, big and rare, it would be a small good area to keep the marker in or it would just be harder to some what managed.
    But i know that mostly wouldnt get a chance to be like that.. I wouldnt mind if the box we have to keep the fish in was a bit bigger.. and maybe a little more control on it or give us more time to fix it when the fish is out of the box. Every time ive tried it, it seems the moment the fishs tail is out of the box its over.

Yeah, most games use that fishing mini-game where you hold/spam a button to keep it within a certain area.
    Petz Catz 2 is my first game I've seen it used
    Ah, childhood
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Caissa wrote: »
    It sounds like you need to rank up your Fishing skill. I almost always fish manually and it sounds as if you aren't a high enough rank yet.

I do agree that some skills should be able to reach Rank 1 that currently cannot.

>.> im rank 1... so.. lol
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Caissa wrote: »

>.> im rank 1... so.. lol

That's weird. I got r1 fishing and i barely fail at auto-fishing. If i decide to put on SAO Nishida title on (which boosts your chance to not fail and also gives a chance to catch bigger fish too) i NEVER fail at auto-fishing with it.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    x3 maybe its because my mouse is picky when it wants to work.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Sherri wrote: »

Yeah, most games use that fishing mini-game where you hold/spam a button to keep it within a certain area.
    Ah, childhood

Im not sure what either of you mean for the holding a button thing... :# I guess I've only ever had to keep a fish in a box or circle.... I guess I will have to look it up. Lol.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 29, 2017

Ah, childhood

Im not sure what either of you mean for the holding a button thing... :# I guess I've only ever had to keep a fish in a box or circle.... I guess I will have to look it up. Lol.

Well, I've never encountered a 'hold a button' fishing mini-game style, but more of a 'SPAM A BUTTON LIKE A MADMAN' XD and 'dont let it leave that tiny green space or you'll fail!'
    I'd find a video of Petz Catz/Dogz 2 but the videos are terrible quality, which is odd since..*Google*
    Came out November 13, 2007 for PS2, Wii, Nintendo DS and Microsoft Windows. lol
    That was 10 years ago, which isn't that old TBH. I still feel old though sheesh :(
    Also, the games are different in different consoles.
    Adventure game (PS2 and Wii version), Digital pet (PC and DS version)
    I never tried the digital pet version, I had it on PS2, Adventure game (What ver. I'm referring to with the fishing)
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Most life skills are a massive grind to train, with magic craft, engineering, and their gathering skills being some of the worst in my opinion. Adding a talent for those 4 skills would help, but even with a 2x training, they'll still be a grind. Obviously, there are other boosts available, but they don't really detract from the fact that most of the crafting skills are some of the most time consuming, just to try to get a fraction of a rank. We shouldn't have to spend most of our training seals and AP because we need to, yet for some it seems like it's almost the only way.
    Leilicia
  • ValenmirValenmir

Ah, childhood

Well, I've never encountered a 'hold a button' fishing mini-game style, but more of a 'SPAM A BUTTON LIKE A MADMAN' XD and 'dont let it leave that tiny green space or you'll fail!'
    I'd find a video of Petz Catz/Dogz 2 but the videos are terrible quality, which is odd since..*Google*
    Came out November 13, 2007 for PS2, Wii, Nintendo DS and Microsoft Windows. lol
    That was 10 years ago, which isn't that old TBH. I still feel old though sheesh :(
    Also, the games are different in different consoles.
    Adventure game (PS2 and Wii version), Digital pet (PC and DS version)
    I never tried the digital pet version, I had it on PS2, Adventure game (What ver. I'm referring to with the fishing)

Hold button type fishing game. : P skip to 27 secs.
    Sherri
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Sylek wrote: »
    Most life skills are a massive grind to train, with magic craft, engineering, and their gathering skills being some of the worst in my opinion. Adding a talent for those 4 skills would help, but even with a 2x training, they'll still be a grind. Obviously, there are other boosts available, but they don't really detract from the fact that most of the crafting skills are some of the most time consuming, just to try to get a fraction of a rank. We shouldn't have to spend most of our training seals and AP because we need to, yet for some it seems like it's almost the only way.

: o most skills are a grind. Ninja, Fighter, puppets and dual gunners are grind talents then nearly all life skills are as well. but like magic craft and engineering, i wish they were a actually talent, i think it would be nice.

Though just had the idea, what if they did make a engineering talent and you could make a turrent x3
    Sherri