Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Does pokemons only auto-use berries?

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited January 8, 2017 in Town Square
Im too lazy to make an account and register in any other forums or ANYTHING lately so im asking here (=w=)

Can pokemons auto-use any other healing items that is NOT a berry?
Like Moo-Moo Milk?

And yes, after all these years i have never tried o.o

Edit: Its Moemon
Edit2: So in the end i found an amazing editor and now:

1- "Oran Berry" is now "Orenge Berry", heals 40HP and now its orange instead of blue.
2- "Sitrus Berry" now heals 120HP since in Gen3 only recovers 30. (I can't use these now)
3- Every Gym leader now owns 6 pokemons + custom items + custom moves & between 5-10 more leves than normal.
here is a little example: http://imgur.com/a/q8i9I

Yeah.... Sabrina owns a Gengar lv50, I will leave the other leaders at your wild imagination.

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Most of them don't have thumbs, or don't know how to use them so no.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited January 2, 2017
    generally unless it says "If a pokemon holds one" no it will not use an item.

For example Moo Moo Milk says "A bottle of highly nutritious milk. When consumed, it restores up to 100 HP to an injured Pokémon." it does not say anything about if a pokemon holds it vs for example Oran Berry which states "A Berry to be consumed by Pokémon. If a Pokémon holds one, it can restore its own HP by 10 points during battle." where it explicitly says If a pokemon holds one it does X.
    SheenaKingEphy
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Pretty much what Lidiya said.

If you want to heal them you have to do it manually either in battle or off battle.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Heh...pokemon.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Gaea said:

Heh...pokemon.
    You're starting to become rat, stop that.
  • SheenaSheena
    edited January 2, 2017
    Thanks for the info everyone :3

I was wondering cause im editing some gym leadres from a pokemon fire red rom to make it harder and give myself a real challenge and sitrus berries are good but i wanted something more effective. Another idea i have is editing an useless/crapy berry so it can restore more hp than the sitrus berry AND make a blood pact with myself to never use it so only my enemies can have it on their pokemons.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Fire Red has some other helpful hold items like Kings rock, White herb, Scope lens, and Bright powder. Pokemon gain effects in battle from these items without having to use them, just so long as they hold them. Giving Misty's Starmie a mystic water would make the Starmie's water pulse attack more powerful. Giving Giovanni's Rhyhorn a King's Rock would give it chance to flinch for every time Fury Attack hits.
    Sheena
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    GIVE THEM LEFT OVERS >:D
    I dunno if that's still a thing since I really haven't played since Gen 4 but I remember leftovers used to be one of the best things to give pokemon to hold healing wise
    Sheena
  • SheenaSheena
    edited January 8, 2017
    *Giegue.- Oooooh~ trust me, mystic water is there ;3
    *Mintiel.- Yep, some tanky ones HAVE leftovers >:D
  • ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    I think it was stated that Pokemon cannot use man-made items.

In the MooMoo Milk's case, while it comes from a Miltank, they cannot use it because it is contained in a milk jar.