Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G2 paladin barri bug The Vast Blackness

LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited October 30, 2017 in Technical Support
So every time I try to enter the Barri dungeon after watching the cut scene for this quest(paladin training courses) I end up standing in room with nothing but blackness. I have map, and menu options and can see myself and such but nothing. I've seen there are others with this issue as well and would help many aside from myself if we could figure this out.
I tried to take screen capture of it and video but neither worked so I apologize for the poor quality of pic I took with phone.
23146229_1824544287558093_951583559_n.jpg?oh=3874f4939e961838f4c64f278c0cc28b&oe=59FA1BBA

Comments

• LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    edited October 30, 2017
    So I tried to post this in bugs and glitches but so far no one replied and its been up for a while. So i was hopign to psot it here considering how quickly people on general are willing to help.
    Anywho I decided to take a break from the G10 and divine knights quests and try something a little easier hopefully like the G2 storyline.
    The only issue I've run into is as soon as I enter dungeon and go through the cinematic I end up in just a big black empty space. I can still move around and such and can see dungeon on map but cant see anything on screen behind my avatar.
    Please help if you can I have no idea whats going on and I don't want to just go onto a different storyline in case something like this happens again.
    T4TlG
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited October 30, 2017
    So I tried to post this in bugs and glitches but so far no one replied and its been up for a while. So i was hopign to psot it here considering how quickly people on general are willing to help.
    Anywho I decided to take a break from the G10 and divine knights quests and try something a little easier hopefully like the G2 storyline.
    The only issue I've run into is as soon as I enter dungeon and go through the cinematic I end up in just a big black empty space. I can still move around and such and can see dungeon on map but cant see anything on screen behind my avatar.
    Please help if you can I have no idea whats going on and I don't want to just go onto a different storyline in case something like this happens again.[url="file:///C:/Users/Rebecca/Documents/Mabinogi/Screenshot/mabinogi_2017_10_31_002.jpg"]file:///C:/Users/Rebecca/Documents/Mabinogi/Screenshot/mabinogi_2017_10_31_002.jpg[/url]

Yo, Bliss here, you need to upload said picture to the internet, then paste the url with the tags inserturlhere.png. That is merely the file name. While it may show up on your computer, your browser is essentially opening it like any other file opener, not uploading it to the internet.

Hmmm, slow upload speed? Mabinogi side, your side? I had this problem occasionally, but did you restart the game?
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Please help if you can I have no idea whats going on and I don't want to just go onto a different storyline in case something like this happens again.[url="file:///C:/Users/Rebecca/Documents/Mabinogi/Screenshot/mabinogi_2017_10_31_002.jpg"]file:///C:/Users/Rebecca/Documents/Mabinogi/Screenshot/mabinogi_2017_10_31_002.jpg[/url]

@LawrenceFox

Yo, Bliss here, you need to upload said picture to the internet, then paste the url with the tags inserturlhere.png. That is merely the file name. While it may show up on your computer, your browser is essentially opening it like any other file opener, not uploading it to the internet.

Ya sorry think i got it now ^^;;
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox

Hmmm, slow upload speed? Mabinogi side, your side? I had this problem occasionally, but did you restart the game?

this is first time this has happened and ya about 3 times
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Bliss is in the house!
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    [img][/img]wolcElM.jpg
    Sorry for struggles to upload pic ^^;;
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    My suggestion would be to completely remove your Nexon/Mabinogi folder (wherever you have the main client.exe file located for your game) and then reinstall the game as a clean client.

See if that fixes it. I'm pretttttyyy sure it will as long as you do a complete clean install.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    [img][/img]wolcElM.jpg

Congratulations, you discovered Oblivion.

What are your system specs btw? I once tried to run mabi on a shitty laptop from Walmart. Nothing would render, the majority of the world was black.
    pawcalypse
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Hmm… can you move ?
    Did you try playing in window mode with minimal setting ?
    Do completing other generation help ?
    Have you tried getting on a pet/play dead/crisis escape/evasion while in the darkness?
    Try using other pc/laptop ?

Yup just kept bumping into stuff.
    Not yet but I'll try that since I'm already at almost minimal.
    I haven't completed a generation yet. I took break from G10 that I couldn't beat to do this.
    Got on pet and played dead but nada. I don't have those other skills.
    Does everyone have 2+ computers? Cuz I just got desktop XD
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    courtneyy wrote: »
    My suggestion would be to completely remove your Nexon/Mabinogi folder (wherever you have the main client.exe file located for your game) and then reinstall the game as a clean client.

See if that fixes it. I'm pretttttyyy sure it will as long as you do a complete clean install.

So like 'Control panel>Uninstall Program>Uninstall Mabinogi' etc etc? Or do I have to do something specific?
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Gaea wrote: »
    [img][/img]wolcElM.jpg

What are your system specs btw? I once tried to run mabi on a shitty laptop from Walmart. Nothing would render, the majority of the world was black.

Well this is the first time this has happened and I've done cinematic and dungeons like this before in G10 and Divine Knights.
    Is there something unique about this particular quest?
    Granted my Computer isn't high end but it's been fine up to this point.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    [img][/img]wolcElM.jpg

Well this is the first time this has happened and I've done cinematic and dungeons like this before in G10 and Divine Knights.

Not really. Did you try reinstalling the game yet?
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Katherz hasn't been active since the 26th or 29th (man I cant remember numbers at all) which is why you never got a response on it. A bit worried, since that's a bit..odd.

Is this dungeon a solo dungeon, or can you find someone else with the same quest and go in with them? (i haven done g2 yet LOL)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Leilicia wrote: »
    Katherz hasn't been active since the 26th or 29th (man I cant remember numbers at all) which is why you never got a response on it. A bit worried, since that's a bit..odd.

Is this dungeon a solo dungeon, or can you find someone else with the same quest and go in with them? (i haven done g2 yet LOL)

It's solo mission... So yeah...
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    RIP there goes my idea out the window.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    well I haven't reinstalled it yet, just been doing other things in the meantime but I'll give it a go and see. I mean ironically I started G2 cuz G10 was too hard lol
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited October 31, 2017
    It's a spec issue. If u get the warning tab b4 everytime U start mabi or U barely meet the req then this is one of the probable issue u'll run into. Happens a lot on my old run down machine I used back in HS to run mabi. lul.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Rhey wrote: »
    It's a spec issue. If u get the warning tab b4 everytime U start mabi or U barely meet the req then this is one of the probable issue u'll run into. Happens a lot on my old run down machine I used back in HS to run mabi. lul.

I have yet to get any warning tab and if it is a usual issue if i didnt meet specs then why is it only happening now? I've gone through several cinematics and such before and it didn't go black afterwards.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    [img][/img]wolcElM.jpg

Not really. Did you try reinstalling the game yet?

So I 'tried' to uninstall it but apparently uninstalling nexon client doesnt uninstall mabi too?
    I went ahead to uninstall Nexon nonetheless but I feel like it wouldn't do anything. How do I uninstall mabi too? It doesn't show up on list of programs on control panel
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited October 31, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »

I have yet to get any warning tab and if it is a usual issue if i didnt meet specs then why is it only happening now? I've gone through several cinematics and such before and it didn't go black afterwards.

It's something that will happen once in a while with a pc that barely or under meet the spec. My old machine had these moments of tranversing the abyss as well. Once I upgraded 2 a stronger PC this prob went away. Except the rare game occasion when it chokes on its own But a good restart usually fixes it. :o