Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATE] Light and Darkness Event

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Thank you for taking care of the support tickets so quickly! :)
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I think it is one per day because I haven't gotten the quest again, even with relogging. Oh well, less of a pain on me I guess. :D
    So it would take 15(?) days to complete a pair of wings and the event is 28(?) days long?
    Is this correct?
    Jazmyn
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Sherri wrote: »
    I think it is one per day because I haven't gotten the quest again, even with relogging. Oh well, less of a pain on me I guess. :D
    So it would take 15(?) days to complete a pair of wings and the event is 28(?) days long?
    Is this correct?

Correct. You can only get the quest once, and thus you can only obtain one radiant shard per day. So it'll take 15 days to complete the wings.

When you talk to the Follower of Twilight and select Event Info, he says you can only get a radiant shard once per day, in case anyone wants to confirm it.
    Sherri
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    So you can't get all the titles? ;; waiiiii
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited November 2, 2017
    Woah, woah, woah, woah. What is this now?

In the shop~
    •Wings of Light Extension Coupon (1 year) - 20 Coin
    •Wings of Darkness Extension Coupon (1 year) - 20 Coin
    •Wings of Twilight Extension Coupon (1 year) - 20 Coin

They expire? Why? Even if it's a year(per coupon?). Why?

Whoever at DevCAT thought this one up is quite cruel.
    SherriSatsuko
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    This is what happens if you didn't do maintenance. You give us an event that was completely unprepared and messing up the players depending on who has the quest or not.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Sai wrote: »
    They expire? Why? Even if it's a year(per coupon?). Why?

Whoever at DevCAT thought this one up is quite cruel.

That idea comes straight out of Old Mabi, although I must say they've implemented it a little more tactfully this time.
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    @Katherz Okay I just have a question about the titles you get when you finish the quests and get the completed wings what do the titles do? Like what are the stats? Do they give an effect? Are they all the same just different name? Sorry that's just the big thing I'm curious about.
    MottleypBatt
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Its stated that it was supposed to be fixed by midnight on 11/03, it's already 6am and no fix

Is the event just that broken?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Its stated that it was supposed to be fixed by midnight on 11/03, it's already 6am and no fix

Is the event just that broken?

it said the quest will be fixed on the 11/03 but never said it would be fixed by midnight. they probably meant by 7am which is the time most events refresh.
  • SynistyserSynistyser
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    my other account got the quest but my main chara in my main account didnt get the quest the same chara in my main account have the quest(just check it a minute ago) thats so weird is it nexon telling me to participate the event with weak char? its like racism XD
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    I've updated the post to include some information on the titles you can receive from the event! Also, if you receive the quest on someone other than your main. DO NOT REGISTER THAT CHARACTER AT THE NPC. Instead, write a support ticket and our CS team will be happy to move to the quest to your main character. If you register an alt character as your main character at the NPC, our team cannot un-register that character.
    SherriGretaMottleypPankoodaJazmyn
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Katherz wrote: »
    I've updated the post to include some information on the titles you can receive from the event! Also, if you receive the quest on someone other than your main. DO NOT REGISTER THAT CHARACTER AT THE NPC. Instead, write a support ticket and our CS team will be happy to move to the quest to your main character. If you register an alt character as your main character at the NPC, our team cannot un-register that character.

Thank you
    Sherri
  • CassafrasCassafras
    Mabinogi Rep: 445
    Unless I am horribly misremembering here, during the stream they said that the Wings of Light were the blue ones, while the orange ones were the Wings of Twilight. The KR site seems to support this. Yet, in the event post, it claims the Wings of Light are the orange, while the Wings of Twilight are the blue. Which is it? I'm after the blue ones, personally, and I'd be rather upset if I went through the whole event only to find out at the end that I screwed myself out of the colour I wanted.
    Jazmynscorpin99
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    you need 15 days to upgrade the wings, 20 for 1 year coupon
    and no hope to get that Upgrade stone or enchant protection or else. unless you feeling lucky with boxes

unless you dont care about the wings ofc
  • TrikxyTrikxy
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    you can get the shards from any shadow mission, it doesn't matter
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    So it takes 15 days of logging in and doing a shadow mission to complete the wings and get all the robes, and the wings aren't permanent unless you get lucky and get the perma coupon out of the random box? Why have the events lately been so bad?

Also, how does one chose a mixture of light and darkness, will that become more clear once I get more radiant shades or somethin?

Of course this event has to come out when I have an exam every week for the rest of the month.
    Sherri
  • PankoodaPankooda
    So it takes 15 days of logging in and doing a shadow mission to complete the wings and get all the robes, and the wings aren't permanent unless you get lucky and get the perma coupon out of the random box? Why have the events lately been so bad?

Also, how does one chose a mixture of light and darkness, will that become more clear once I get more radiant shades or somethin?

Of course this event has to come out when I have an exam every week for the rest of the month.

I think for the mix choices every 5 Radiant Shades you talk to the event npc and choose light or dark right? So either do 2 choices of light and 1 darkness or 2 choices of darkness and 1 choice of light. I might be wrong though cause this is me guessing.
  • NerdyliciousNerdylicious
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    Probably a really dumb question here but how do i use my twilight coins? Its not letting access the NPC shop?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    @Nerdylicious
    Katherz wrote: »

Trade your Twilight Coins for some cool prizes! Please note, the Twilight shop will open once you have fully upgraded your wings. It also opens 10 days before the event is over.