Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Report player abuse

miniminibebopminiminibebop
Mabinogi Rep: 920
edited November 3, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
There is too much poor conduct by fellow Mabinogians regarding respecting a claimed area to train skills. Instead of moving to another area or changing channel some people decide to become bullys and without invite invade a fellow Mabinogian's training area without permission. Like in other games I purpose the programmers implement a "Report Abuse" button so that the incident can be recorded exactly when the event happened with an option to submit comments. Something needs to be done about people who log on purposely to upset other players. I had logged a ticket to customer service and this is where they directed me to rant about what I feel how the game could be improved. As well, I would hope and expect that Nexon have the common sense to discipline these abusers accordingly, say a couple of days the first offence and more days the more they are reported or to have been found in violation to the rights of other players to put the fear into them that such behavior is not tolerated on Mabi.

B)
SherriNerdylicious
  1. Have you ever had someone try to invade your area where you are training?18 votes
    1. Yes
       61% (11 votes)
    2. Never
       39% (7 votes)

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I dunno mate, I train CP reqs in Kitchen Dungeon and non-CP reqs on fennec foxes. It's very boring and no one ever comes to bug me.

Is this Dugald Aisle drama again?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Sometimes people trash the White Spiders in Emain while people are gathering from them.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 3, 2017
    Seriously, where do you find such people????? Most players i have met either left to other place to train their skills or they even offered a help with Lullaby and Enduring Melody skills. And this is happening to me in Alexina. So much people claim that Alexina is most toxic server, but somehow i don't see that.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Happens to me pretty much all the time. More often they change channels without a word but some of them are total jerks.
    They did have a reporting function in game at one point, which I think they really need to bring back. -_-
    Nerdylicious
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Oh I've seen the spider one... kinda... but not.

Because if I'm gathering from them and someone runs up to me, I trash them first LOL

I group them up using Enthrall so it's easy for me to get them back, and it ruins the wannabe-griefer's satisfaction. Something like pre-emptive griefing.
    Sherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I understand the frustration, and it would be respectful for someone to change channels or go elsewhere, but no ones name is on the "training area" and unfortunately people like to be jerks while they hide behind a computer screen. That being said, if they actually harass you with words and actions (besides killing what you need), dont respond and take screenshots, blacklist them, and submit all of THAT infomation via a ticket.

I personally feel that a Report Abuse button would be highly overused, and in itself, would cause more problems then it would solve (for example, "Ill juz report u if u dnt give me 1000000000 gold!" or "stop killing my mobs, I was here first, I'm going to report you!" Neither are valid reasons to report abuse).

Sometimes we have to be the better person and stop feeding the trolls by changing channels, locations, what we are doing, go AFK, or simply logging off for the time being. It ruins their fun faster then them ruining ours, and it gives us a moment to take a deep breath and rethink on the important things in life.
    Mabskmk
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    It actually happened me once that someone arrived, saw me farming (I should clarify that my farming stops before going over 30 mins) and decided to just kill them all to just piss me off. I was really angry, but decided just change channel instead of feeding his ego. He followed me, in every single channel just to purposely ruin my farm. My last solution that actually solved it all, was just log off and go play with my cat.

Well, something normal on the drama server Mari, I assume?
    SherriNerdylicious
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Let's not, though. As someone already said, your name isn't on the area nor monsters. Sure it feels bad if someone suddenly decides to claim half or more of the mobs you were previously killing, but imagine if our game was more densely populated than now. Like..when I started, for instance. Nowadays you can even find ancient raccoons. Ancient. Raccoons.

Don't let it bother you too much. Just share. It's way worse when someone destroys a spider farm willfully with windmill, because that's actually something you had a hand in, even if it still doesn't have your name on it. That used to be way more common than it is now and it wasn't funny training weaving that way.
    GretaMabskmk
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    It's a well-known thing that if you see someone training something with mobs nearby, you don't touch those. It's a silent notion. I needed mutant rabbit feet for magic craft, but someone didn't even stop killing every single rabbit in the first district. I even made my presence known and he still took them all. So I was forced into the second one, where I barely got what I needed (and nearly died cause of fireballing plants). He popped into the district and I thought he was gonna do it all over again but he seen me and poof'd. ( ' : got lucky.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    NekoLily wrote: »
    It actually happened me once that someone arrived, saw me farming (I should clarify that my farming stops before going over 30 mins) and decided to just kill them all to just piss me off. I was really angry, but decided just change channel instead of feeding his ego. He followed me, in every single channel just to purposely ruin my farm. My last solution that actually solved it all, was just log off and go play with my cat.

Well, something normal on the drama server Mari, I assume?

Oh yeah, all the time in Mari, the server of dramatic a$$es mean people.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 5, 2017
    People always said that Alexina is most toxic server. I would always lol at that assumption. Because every time i end up hearing the worst things happening in Mari server. Sometime Ruairi too. But Tarlach like always seems to be chill place.