Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Because we need more wings

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited November 5, 2017
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Also, most of the new wings arent even selling for 4 million on Ruairi.... ive seen them sitting in shops for over a week and prices keep going lower. 3.75 mil for the red deamon wings.... I saw a pretty pair of the yellow starlight galaxy wings sitting for over an hour at 900k... sure theyre older... but they are SITTING..... I cant even bring myself to spend THAT on a decoration. How will it improve my gameplay? Er... it wont.
    Honestly, some people prefer fashion, some combat. To say it won't affect game play seems a bit weird, as to what kind of game Mabinogi is or will become.

Though the thought of elevating this to an important social issue is laughable, at best.

I did not say it won't affect gameplay; I said I don't see how it will improve MY gameplay....

I interpret those two statements as the same thing. I understand the basic idea of what you are saying, though. It is not a criticism levied at you, but the presumption that Mabinogi is combat oriented these days.

It seems that there is a tendency to attach active game-play requiring inputs as being "the purpose", and anything that doesn't contribute to this purpose as having no effect on gameplay. Though really, I look at current Mabinogi and often wonder "What exactly makes this combat oriented?" I am not sure either.

I hope I have not offended you though. :( This is just armchair philosophy with Blissfulkill.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Also, most of the new wings arent even selling for 4 million on Ruairi.... ive seen them sitting in shops for over a week and prices keep going lower. 3.75 mil for the red deamon wings.... I saw a pretty pair of the yellow starlight galaxy wings sitting for over an hour at 900k... sure theyre older... but they are SITTING..... I cant even bring myself to spend THAT on a decoration. How will it improve my gameplay? Er... it wont.
    Honestly, some people prefer fashion, some combat. To say it won't affect game play seems a bit weird, as to what kind of game Mabinogi is or will become.

Though the thought of elevating this to an important social issue is laughable, at best.

I did not say it won't affect gameplay; I said I don't see how it will improve MY gameplay....

I interpret those two statements as the same thing. I understand the basic idea of what you are saying, though. It is not a criticism levied at you, but the presumption that Mabinogi is combat oriented these days.

It seems that there is a tendency to attach active game-play requiring inputs as being "the purpose", and anything that doesn't contribute to this purpose as having no effect on gameplay. Though really, I look at current Mabinogi and often wonder "What exactly makes this combat oriented?" I am not sure either.

I hope I have not offended you though. :( This is just armchair philosophy with Blissfulkill.

I hope I have not offended you either. And I do think I may understand what you are saying.

Honestly, I dont see it as being combat oriented and to me it is kind of sad. I remember running rabbie dungeon with 3 of us just having a blast, taking ages, just to get some exp to level, now its super easy to level. I remember not being able to grind skills easily at racoons or foxes because people had gold bots fighting them. I remember not having people just afk to look fancy or be by their guild stone, I remember people actually talking, asking for and recieving help.... it was really a different mabi, and its never going to go back to what it was.

They really messed it up making dungeons harder too. (Why didnt they just add more difficult levels... like, an extra hard mode or something.. I personally feel this is why they lose new players so fast... they cant so dungeons and no ones willing to help them or no ones around... but thats a whole nother topic...) Thats why the wings are worthless to me. I need to take a hit, not look pretty, so ill spend my gold on other things...

And here I am, looking at shops and thinking, why do people even need a crap ton on money? The ones who have the most money, spend the most cash so it really doesnt make sense.... i dont see their bank, and what they wear doesnt make a difference to me, and like i said, those wings may look fancy, but they dont help my character take a hit or give more damage any. Lol.
    BlissfulkillSherrikapapa

I hope I have not offended you either. And I do think I may understand what you are saying.

Honestly, I dont see it as being combat oriented and to me it is kind of sad. I remember running rabbie dungeon with 3 of us just having a blast, taking ages, just to get some exp to level, now its super easy to level. I remember not being able to grind skills easily at racoons or foxes because people had gold bots fighting them. I remember not having people just afk to look fancy or be by their guild stone, I remember people actually talking, asking for and recieving help.... it was really a different mabi, and its never going to go back to what it was.

They really messed it up making dungeons harder too. (Why didnt they just add more difficult levels... like, an extra hard mode or something.. I personally feel this is why they lose new players so fast... they cant so dungeons and no ones willing to help them or no ones around... but thats a whole nother topic...) Thats why the wings are worthless to me. I need to take a hit, not look pretty, so ill spend my gold on other things...

And here I am, looking at shops and thinking, why do people even need a crap ton on money? The ones who have the most money, spend the most cash so it really doesnt make sense.... i dont see their bank, and what they wear doesnt make a difference to me, and like i said, those wings may look fancy, but they dont help my character take a hit or give more damage any. Lol.

Ah, so a reference to a personally set goal. I see. I like that about Mabinogi. I wasn't forced into any play style, but the lack of emphasis on improving the core aspects of these play styles made them unfeasible or uninteresting to prospective players. Why create armor that is inferior to anything that is gacha fodder? Why play healing support if no one dies, and if nimbus clouds existed? Why play forms of combat if Nexon hasn't bothered to balance them or fix issues. Why combat at all if there nothing more to be defeated?

Back then, i wanted to be the best elf archer, with a hint of magic to get out of tight situations while using mirage missile to pick off foes. Years later, I am a Master Polymath, sitting on my pile of gold, trying oh so desperately to position my character to AFK next to the lighthouse during the lantern event. I wonder "What the #$@! happened, yo? You use to be so cool, Blissfulkill! Now you're just...interested in AFKing in a lighthouse, waiting for compliments. You sadden me."
    JazmynSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Ah, so a reference to a personally set goal. I see. I like that about Mabinogi. I wasn't forced into any play style, but the lack of emphasis on improving the core aspects of these play styles made them unfeasible or uninteresting to prospective players. Why create armor that is inferior to anything that is gacha fodder? Why play healing support if no one dies, and if nimbus clouds existed? Why play forms of combat if Nexon hasn't bothered to balance them or fix issues. Why combat at all if there nothing more to be defeated?

Back then, i wanted to be the best elf archer, with a hint of magic to get out of tight situations while using mirage missile to pick off foes. Years later, I am a Master Polymath, sitting on my pile of gold, trying oh so desperately to position my character to AFK next to the lighthouse during the lantern event. I wonder "What the #$@! happened, yo? You use to be so cool, Blissfulkill! Now you're just...interested in AFKing in a lighthouse, waiting for compliments. You sadden me."

Im curious... why would you even continue to "play" then if you have reached your "end game" sort of status... isnt that when we usually go out and buy/borrow/rent another game? I just dont see a point in literally AFKing...
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    YES! Because wings makes everything prettier!!
    e01.gif
    JazmynCrimsọnSherriHazurahpawcalypse
    edited November 5, 2017
    Sheena wrote: »
    e01.gif
    Not pretty enough. :s

Im curious... why would you even continue to "play" then if you have reached your "end game" sort of status... isnt that when we usually go out and buy/borrow/rent another game? I just dont see a point in literally AFKing...

Addiction. Every other MMO just screams terrible, while I have unrivaled fondness for the rebirth system of leveling. Plus, I bought all these clothes. If no one notices, than why did I buy them for? :'(
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    e01.gif

Addiction. Every other MMO just screams terrible, while I have unrivaled fondness for the rebirth system of leveling. Plus, I bought all these clothes. If no one notices, than why did I buy them for? :'(

I cant speak for everyone else, obviously, but I have a feeling a lot of the people who care what your clothes look like, are also people who AFK to be pretty. Lol. :P

I seriously avoid the swarms of AFKers as much as I can... its laggy... and noisy in some spots (song is the worst sounding skill ever, cute idea, but worst sound... but i like instruments.... win/lose situation)

Annnddd... if youre addicted to the rebirth system of leveling, then you cant possibly afk ALL the time....? Maybe? :(

Ugh, i get it but i hate it.

The market for anything is just ridiculously priced for all stuff (and yes, 4 million on wings is just overpriced to me).... and all i see anyways in shops are gacha or event crap, and i dont know how to get any useful weapons or anything because no one sells weapons or armor...... its like, people doing thousands of damage without criting on things that i die from if they fart... how can i improve if all i see are wings in shops and the rare person thats not hiding equipment, isnt even wearing anything except on their style tab..... like, i seriously was going to set up a shop claiming super rare items!!! And them being like over priced berries or regular firewood, or empty treasure chests... you know, stuff no one cares about that you cant get in a gacha... but i wasnt sure anyone would get the joke.... lol.
    edited November 5, 2017
    Was mainly being facetious with caring how others interpret me...or not. I still log in for daily missions, whether they be gradually capping off another Grandmaster, a Dan test, or leveling. Any time I try to play another game, the level system and skill ranking seems generic and boring, regardless of the graphics. With clothing, I am primarily interests in creating an aesthetically pleasing character for myself, and possibly pretending others care (I know no one cares though.)

As I seek both a high amount of customization, in regards to skill and appearance, Mabinogi is the one that has always satisfied me in these departments. I can customize not only my character, but I also never felt locked out of any skillset, even as an Elf or a Giant. I can be the master of anything eventually, but the master of few is also quite interesting as I steadily build up my AP reserves.

Also, the sunk cost fallacy is at play here. A higher investment makes it harder to quit. That being said, if the current staff were not so enjoyable, then I perhaps would not be here.

Especially @Nkeona. She is privy and partial to my puns. Much love. :)
    Jazmyn
  • FalaflameFalaflame
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    2017 and people still take Gaea posts seriously

what an era we live in
    GretaHarukaripawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 6, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    @Foxgirlkatie

I have one simple word for you.

Resell. :trollface:

and that only further proves my point that this games market is run by the greedy. and is in dire need for the developers to step in and place maximum prices on things. with a pretty harsh punishment if they try to sell for higher as in being "scammed" out of an item. if people are so greedy that they are willing to piggyback on the kindness of others to further their own gain by taking the item as a "noob" and resell it at market price. then they are scum who in my honest opinion. dont deserve to play if they do that.

we can make a difference. but then again you probably dont want to as your either A) too Lazy. or B) in on it for personal gain and dont want to lose your precious 20 million a week income. people like me actually have the compassion and position to help those in need.

this whole situation reminds me of the 3rd world country called USA. where the top 1% take the vast majority of the money to further their own gain and dont want things to change to be better and fair for everyone such as Single payer healthcare. regulations to keep scumbags like the oil companies from polluting water ways when their pipes leak. all so they can make a few extra bucks they dont need. they are willing to ruin the lives and enjoyment of others just to profit. Like like you remind me of this.

and in regards to your comment about artificial prices. ya its artificial til other people catch wind of the fact people are willing to buy for that high and thus price all they have of those items at that price. it only furthers our point that it ruins the market. its like the MT's in AAA games. sellers are willing to do it if the fanbase is willing to buy them. if people who buy them at that price are willing to hold back abit and accept they will still get the item but buy it at the price that is currently affordable for the most part. then it wont matter for them. those people are desperate when they really shouldn't be. and its only for wings and other crap that for the most part i chalk up to just wanting to stroke their ego.

and someone mentioned people selling gacha items at ridiculously high prices to make their money back that they tried to get items. sorry but people are expected to take a loss when they open tons of gachas and get barely anything good. ya it sucks. but its how gachas work. just because you spend $200 and got only 1 set of wings doesnt mean your entitled to make all that back. i tell people this. "you gambled at a chance for something thats very worthwhile. but didn't get what you wanted, your expected to accept you got unlucky and treat it as a failed attempt"

using that logic i should go out and spend $1000 on lottery tickets and when i dont get that $50 million jackpot and walk out with only $8 i should just say. "i paid $1000 for all these tickets. i DESERVE TO HAVE $1000 back" guess what would happen? i would be laughed at and seen as a greedy person. why do we not treat said people the same in the game? after all someone said "its just a game" its not like your life depends on getting that 1 in a million chance to happen.

I knew that would trigger an essay. But I want to say is that you can't control the market either, you might be able to sway it a bit here and there but ultimately no one has control over it. It's all based on supply and demand. You say you want to smith and craft a bunch of stuff to help players out? Well you are going to quickly figure out how expensive and time consuming that is going to be. Materials to craft celtic weapons are not exactly abundant.

So godspeed.
    Harukari wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Ruairi's market blows, everything is super cheap. All the new wings go for 5-10m. Things that used to make me super rich don't.

Such a sad story.
    It must be so hard for you not being able to sell stuff you pull from gachas for 50m+ anymore because of everything being super cheap.

giphy.gif

More salt? Cool beans.

Falaflame wrote: »
    2017 and people still take Gaea posts seriously

what an era we live in

I don't even take myself seriously. Kek.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Cool Beans. Kek. Godspeed. Goodnight sweet prince :trollface:
    SherriCrimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    Cool Beans. Kek. Godspeed. Goodnight sweet prince :trollface:

Staaaaaahp. Lol.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    edited November 9, 2017
    e01.gif

I cant speak for everyone else, obviously, but I have a feeling a lot of the people who care what your clothes look like, are also people who AFK to be pretty. Lol. :P

I seriously avoid the swarms of AFKers as much as I can... its laggy... and noisy in some spots (song is the worst sounding skill ever, cute idea, but worst sound... but i like instruments.... win/lose situation)

Annnddd... if youre addicted to the rebirth system of leveling, then you cant possibly afk ALL the time....? Maybe? :(

Ugh, i get it but i hate it.

The market for anything is just ridiculously priced for all stuff (and yes, 4 million on wings is just overpriced to me).... and all i see anyways in shops are gacha or event crap, and i dont know how to get any useful weapons or anything because no one sells weapons or armor...... its like, people doing thousands of damage without criting on things that i die from if they fart... how can i improve if all i see are wings in shops and the rare person thats not hiding equipment, isnt even wearing anything except on their style tab..... like, i seriously was going to set up a shop claiming super rare items!!! And them being like over priced berries or regular firewood, or empty treasure chests... you know, stuff no one cares about that you cant get in a gacha... but i wasnt sure anyone would get the joke.... lol.

hey Jazmyn. i noticed in your post saying i guess you wanting to improve and get better gear. i wanted to ask. Are you on the Tarlach Server? if so i can help you out. ive been looking for people to run alby Adv HM(yes yes i know its Alby HM now...Old habits die hard.) because i have like 1000 Larva cocoons i need to use up and since 8 chests spawn at the end with 2 celtic materials each. 2 x 8 = 16 materials each run. plus itl be streched out longer since 4 peope. me and 3 others will all get keys each run. so i can open the remaining 4 chests.

tho it all hinges on if you are on tarlach and we can get enough people for the runs, i wouldn't mind taking all my materials i currently have along with bonus materials aquired in the dungeon to craft them. thats also not including other gear you may need like armour and the like. as we can get that stuff too since i can craft it.

ill be on more activity these days as i have been pretty bored of other things. and the event is out so im going be on mabi far more. so if you need the help with anything. let me know if you are on tarlach.

Server: Tarlach

IGN: foxegirl