Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tir's Gated Fence.

ZetophiZetophi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,425
edited November 7, 2017 in General Chat
There is a gate to the West of Tir Church.... what is it for.

Comments

• ZetophiZetophi
    edited November 7, 2017
    Ok it isn't just me, THERE IS A NEW ROAD In Tir.... and it heads west but the gate is locked..... MORE LAND SOON WOOTS!!!!
    o.o this one makes a Hobby of checking out changes to the land.... I need to check the dragon ruins again.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    isn't that just where you come from if you premium rebirth as a human? there's an area up there with Tin who would give you a dye as well as an area full of light gargoyles.... but since premium rebirths are kinda no longer a thing unless you do Ace rebirth then a lot of people don't know about that area or forgot about it
    pawcalypse
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    edited November 7, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    isn't that just where you come from if you premium rebirth as a human? there's an area up there with Tin who would give you a dye as well as an area full of light gargoyles.... but since premium rebirths are kinda no longer a thing unless you do Ace rebirth then a lot of people don't know about that area or forgot about it

You can rebirth back there if you select rebirth location to be Tir. No Ace rebirth needed. ^.^
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    edited November 7, 2017
    Here's a screenshot of the Tir rebirth area showing that road that was mentioned. I couldn't get a better angle and you can't fly here.
    NYxdiMF.jpg?1
    pawcalypse
  • ZetophiZetophi
    edited November 7, 2017
    That wasn't there before. Before it was basically, it went to the church and stopped, now there is a path out, if you go to the church and follow it there is a gate.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited November 7, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »

I don't think so...

The road seems to curve off towards where the Alby Moon Gate should be.

That's on the actual Forest of Souls map.

Of course on the actual Tir map, the road leads to void. :lol:

It's still ripe for leading to a place to the north!

All of "Uladh" that we know of is just a rather small area in the coastal south-east of some larger continent.

There's the potential for a lot of expansion to the northwest!
    pawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    That's my backyard. No trespassing plox. kthnx. :*
    JazmynWolfandWolfoffwithyourheadspawcalypseKaruiex6f0909
  • ZetophiZetophi
    Well It seems it is visible from the forest of souls, but last time I was in tir which was before the recent updates , the road when you are in tir there, only went up to the church, and no further, the fence was there too but the road and the gate, I don't recall ever seeing.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Are you guys sure? I am trying to see what you guys are getting at, guess I will have to check it out when I get home.
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    edited November 7, 2017
    That gate's been there for quite a while already, it just goes unnoticed most of the time.

This map is from 2013, and it's already there.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    XCalibie wrote: »
    That gate's been there for quite a while already, it just goes unnoticed most of the time.

This map is from 2013, and it's already there.

Yep, that's what I thought.

/thread
    pawcalypse
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited November 7, 2017
    The gate near the church has been there for a long time, since at least before Port Cobh was released.

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Nexon_Q&A_4
    Q: There's a gate behind the Tir Chonaill Church, up against the west wall... any plans to make it lead somewhere neat? :D

A: It will open up to Port Cobh, available in July!
    (Whoever answered the question was wrong, but this shows that the gate was there back then too.)

Also the rebirth area is north of that gate, not west. There used to be a blocked off path that "connected" to the rebirth area near where the Alby Moon Gate is now, but that area was remodeled a bit when the Shakes generation stuff happened and they put the stone pillar there... then changed slightly again when the Moon Gates for dungeons were added, so the connecting path doesn't exist as it used to anymore.

BTW, you can literally walk up to the gate, it's to the west of the Tir priestess.

DJoTlqQ.jpg

So no it's nothing and is not planned to be anything.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    RRM wrote: »
    The gate near the church has been there for a long time, since at least before Port Cobh was released.

Q: There's a gate behind the Tir Chonaill Church, up against the west wall... any plans to make it lead somewhere neat? :D

(Whoever answered the question was wrong, but this shows that the gate was there back then too.)

Also the rebirth area is north of that gate, not west. There used to be a blocked off path that "connected" to the rebirth area near where the Alby Moon Gate is now, but that area was remodeled a bit when the Shakes generation stuff happened and they put the stone pillar there... then changed slightly again when the Moon Gates for dungeons were added, so the connecting path doesn't exist as it used to anymore.

BTW, you can literally walk up to the gate, it's to the west of the Tir priestess.

DJoTlqQ.jpg

For now. I really wish that they would develop new areas. Festia doesn't really count in my opinion because it is a closed off area you have to warp to. Then there's Avalon, but that's just another separate area. I want new map areas. Places we can actually explore.
    SherriJazmynoffwithyourheadspawcalypse
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Yeah I was excited for Avalon but then sad when it was instanced, it'd be a nice hangout place otherwise.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Gaea wrote: »
    RRM wrote: »

DJoTlqQ.jpg

For now. I really wish that they would develop new areas. Festia doesn't really count in my opinion because it is a closed off area you have to warp to. Then there's Avalon, but that's just another separate area. I want new map areas. Places we can actually explore.

I was gonna say the same thing. I want more places to explore, especially in Uladh. More commercing areas, new NPCs, new quests.. More excitement!

If it's gonna be in Belvast, they need to add that ravine area to be explored. Just seeing it on my map makes me sad I can't delve into it's depths.
    Maybe it could be a whole other end game area? I'd risk going there to see it :D

If it's Iria.. No. Just don't. Update Iria, don't add new content. It's sooo empty there. No music, super empty spaces, outdated lore.. bugs galore probably.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Tory ravine, nuff said. That map area has been blank for YEARS.
    SherriXiokunpawcalypse
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    edited November 7, 2017
    All that gate leads to is Tin's Place. This was home to first time character spawning0 back in 2009/2010, so you could get a feel for basic movement and combat, and is the location you could rebirth into with a Premium Card back then as well. This place has since evolved into the current Tutorial Zone we have now, as the only one who really lives there is Master Tin and his assistants.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I would prefer them updating Tir Chonaill, Dunbarton and Bangor areas first. When i fly there i can't stop seeing the cringy pancake trees and gates at the end of the map that look weird as hell.
    Negumiko
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I feel sorry for OP getting their hype squashed.

Don't worry OP, I felt just as excited the first time I noticed that gate...

yhkJ7.png

... back in 2009... when I spent half a year fanatically stalking Endelyon because Pihne didn't exist back then...
    Sherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Greta wrote: »
    I would prefer them updating Tir Chonaill, Dunbarton and Bangor areas first. When i fly there i can't stop seeing the cringy pancake trees and gates at the end of the map that look weird as hell.

agreed, I would like to see Tir improved most of all. fixing the fences that are half way in the ground and look horrible on hills would be a good start. Tir is the major area for new players starting out so it may give new players a better impression of the game if it looked a little better. the old graphics are fine it is just the flat trees and poorly done fences mostly that should be fixed.
    Greta