Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

outlaw hunting

nevyn25nevyn25
Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
in General Chat
so these last few days I've been hunting outlaws, but out of I think 30 attempts now I haven't seen a single outlaw yet. is my luck just that abysmal, or is their spawn rate just that low? and if you hunt outlaws, how many attempts does it take (on average) to get one to spawn? because I'm starting to believe they just can't spawn for me

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Just a loose estimate, but 10% is what I would say. It isn't quite abysmal until you factor in the time and drop rates of Outlaw Homestead Passes. That being said, it isn't horrible in my experience.
    nevyn25
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Just wait until you encounter the issue where the bandits vanish into thin air when approaching them, that's where it gets worse.
    Sherrinevyn25LeiliciaShadowtivani
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    sometimes bandits are just in a very far area. just check each area, sometimes you might have to circle around the whole continent to get them to show up.
    nevyn25Crimsọn
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I've had opposite luck before.

Where I would find bandits fast and get a outlaw HS pass right away.
    Normally I was going "yay more bandits to kill" (I was doing Grandmaster Merch's bandit hunt mission at the time)

But then RNG went "Hey, want to get that rare outlaw boss encounter? No? Too bad, you're getting it for 5 outlaws in a row!"
    The one time I want bad luck and the game decides to make me lucky against my will.

RNG is cruel.
    nevyn25
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Just wait until you encounter the issue where the bandits vanish into thin air when approaching them, that's where it gets worse.

I get this all the time. Why I don't go outlaw hunting unless I'm desperate. For something, I honestly don't know.
    nevyn25
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Whenever I get the disappearing bandit thing, I just get a horse cart and stock a single good and then run around looking for bandit spawn points.
    I don't run into them, just get them to appear and note where they were.

When I feel like I've found enough, I just ditch the cart and enter Pursuit mode and return to the spots where I saw bandits during commerce.
    Those never disappear for me, though more than this issue, I've run into the one where hardly anyone is commercing, and there are no bandits left to hunt!
    Maybe because they were already hunted and no one was commercing or maybe because people just weren't getting robbed enough! :lol:
    nevyn25
  • nevyn25nevyn25

yeah, I have that sometimes too, like... am I really that scary or something?

anywayz, guess I'll just have to hope my rng gets better someday
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I encountered outlaws when I don’t want to like when I just need to kill bandits for a quest. I never encountered outlaws when I need to. Happens every time.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Negumiko wrote: »
    sometimes bandits are just in a very far area. just check each area, sometimes you might have to circle around the whole continent to get them to show up.

This, don't circle in just one area like Dunbarton. Go north and south into other areas. That usually helps me.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Gaea wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »

This, don't circle in just one area like Dunbarton. Go north and south into other areas. That usually helps me.

yeah, I do. it's not so much the fact that ambushes can be scarce, as it is the fact that no outlaw ever was in their hs in like 30 or so tries. but... today is my day, I finally got not one, but no less then two to spawn. in a row even. so they've proven to me they can actually be at home sometimes
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    That reminds me... I still have to collect the elusive zippy. X_x
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    edited November 6, 2017
    yeah, only seen him once on the board I think these last few days, so he's quite elusive indeed

also, just curious... but does anyone know if bandits can even spam in the emain map? I mean, even in dangerous areas I never had a spawn in emain yet. making it not so dangerous after all
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    yeah, only seen him once on the board I think these last few days, so he's quite elusive indeed

also, just curious... but does anyone know if bandits can even spam in the emain map? I mean, even in dangerous areas I never had a spawn in emain yet. making it not so dangerous after all

No they don't spawn there for some reason despite the warning.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555

When this happens it usually means someone is in the Outlaw's HS fightin' said Outlaw. This I figured out from quite often havin' this happen and not long after the message "The outlaw has been captured" pops up.
    Other times I just need to CC and/or stop the pursuit and grab it off the wanted board again.
    Sherri
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    edited November 8, 2017
    Bandit spawns are generated when people participate in Commerce.
    You can generate your own bandit spawns by picking up a few goods and driving around.

After you cancel Commerce or hand in your goods, enter Pursuit mode and go to the places where you saw the bandit spawns, they'll be there.
    (Unless someone else has already taken them)

I personally find the area south of Taillteann's Trading Post to be very useful for this.
    Sherri
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Um. I have no issue on locating bandits when I'm hunting for them. I do get the issue that they disappear when I approach, but then another spawns right on top of me. I also have a pretty good chance on getting the hs with the outlaw in it. Am I just lucky?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Leilicia wrote: »
    Um. I have no issue on locating bandits when I'm hunting for them. I do get the issue that they disappear when I approach, but then another spawns right on top of me. I also have a pretty good chance on getting the hs with the outlaw in it. Am I just lucky?

I haven't tried many of these methods, but there does seem times when every area is a "dead area", similar to exploration field droughts.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    yeah, I usually experience those 'dead areas' when I've been hunting for a while. usually going to a different area helps