Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lots of dailies that need 3+ ppl huh?

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited November 5, 2017
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Honest question, not trying to argue as ive had people offer to level me that way and i appreciate it, but, HOW does leveling help a newbie? It doesnt upgrade your skills, it makes every single sm level based generation quest a hundred times more difficult, you do not get free nao revive crystals anymore, you do not get a pet bonus from nao anymore.... etc.... like, ive seriously been dying to ask someone, what leveling does to help a newbie?

It helps them rack up AP, to train their skills.
    AP is very important if you want to get anywhere.

Don't worry I know you're not trying to argue ^^
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Harukari wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Honest question, not trying to argue as ive had people offer to level me that way and i appreciate it, but, HOW does leveling help a newbie? It doesnt upgrade your skills, it makes every single sm level based generation quest a hundred times more difficult, you do not get free nao revive crystals anymore, you do not get a pet bonus from nao anymore.... etc.... like, ive seriously been dying to ask someone, what leveling does to help a newbie?

It helps them rack up AP, to train their skills.
    AP is very important if you want to get anywhere.

Don't worry I know you're not trying to argue ^^

But is racking up AP so quickly worth the difficulty on quests? Its extremely easy to get more AP now in the beginning since talents and the journal thing were introduced... Production can get you a lot of AP...
  • FalaflameFalaflame
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    To answer your question,
    -You get more AP from leveling up.
    -AP is used to train up your skills, and having higher-ranked skills leads to higher damage output.
    -You also get more gold from grinding your levels. (Assuming you spam HM/Elite SMs), leading to affording better gear/weapons --> leading to higher damage output and overall better performance from your end. Also leads to buying more potent shadow crystals (or higher), which leads to even more money (when used on SMs) --> even more money to afford better equipment ---> even higher damage output and performance.

Yeah, leveling up is helpful in more ways than one.

Also, Leech QQing, really? New day, new topic to complain about.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I understand how you get AP, how you use AP, and how you make gold.

I dont see anyone selling weapons or equipment, its just the latest gacha, and NPC weapons are cheap and by the time you get your prof high enough to upgrade, you will have enough gold and can start it all over....

I just dont see how it is worth how difficult the generation quests become, the loss of the soul stones, and the loss of pet bonuses? My alt characters total level is like 610 or something, and to find a monster that isnt "weakest" yet can still kill me in one crit hit is near impossible... except for alby and ciar hard mode dungeons.. for some reason I can take damage there and not die.... yet a normal goblin in normal ciar can crit kill me in a couple hits.... its stupid and frustrating.... I feel like i live on tendering potions to try and rank up my skills...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 5, 2017
    > OP makes a thread pointing out that we lately get missions that requires you to take few other players to enter it.
    > Someone points out that they dislike such things because you are forced to bring people.
    > Somehow the topic got derailed about leeching players and also once again people talk about infamous Alexina horse guy. Also the AP topic? Nice.

Gotta love these forums.

yNiBv8S.gif
    BlissfulkillJazmynNilremnevyn25VaughanSheenaSherricourtneyyHazurahCrimsọnand 1 other.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Greta wrote: »
    Gotta love these forums.

yNiBv8S.gif

Indeed.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I just dislike that it's a bit hard to find strong enough friends sometimes to feasibly do these types of missions at a time appropriate for europeans, since so many people have quit the game over the years even on Alexina. I must admit I'm not a fan of teaming up with randomers most of the time because there's no safety against leechers, nor any guarantee people are as strong as they say they are, nor that they're decent people. Too many unpleasant, unknown variables to me.

Still, I don't dislike these missions in general, because they usually come with a useful perk, such as high exp+gold, barricades to train on, or a very quick run for shadow mission materials.

Oh, also...a lot of people stop at level 990-999 because it gets harder at 1k, but think about this for a second: it may get a lot harder when you do hit 1k, but remember that that's the last time the difficulty ever increases. I honestly find the difficulty spike between int and adv to be a lot worse than from adv to hm. You may as well surpass 1k, do dailies, events, squire mission, saga and other generation quests and potential level stuff for 1-3k levels beyond level 1k and focus all that on improving a single talent's damage by boosting the stats it uses for damage and suddenly, things are not so bad anymore. What lies beyond 1k is that the only thing EVER becoming stronger..is you.
    ArjuneObsimcourtneyy
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I usually don’t mind about people leeching IF they ask first. Or if they say they’re not strong enough for the mission, especially elite. My luck is usually terrible for TDB Elite, only when I use my own pass. I actually failed once. Because someone dced (I assumed) and his partner cannot solo it. For my gate we both cannot solo it so we can’t help the guy. That’s such a waste of my elite pass.

Just 2 days ago, I got partnered with a player who obviously can’t handle TDB elite but he didn’t mention it, and he ended up dead. For some reason I can’t revive him and ended up soloing the gate.. Being a melee player, it was hard for me but thankfully somehow I manage to do it. From then on, I vowed to set level requirement for TDB Elite.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited November 6, 2017
    Even a noob can handle TDB Elite if they play it smart and invested in a little bit into the unofficial summoner talent. P-Revolver can clear gates+Crowd control even if U can't personally. Tested with my bank alts. It works. :o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Sheena wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    U no like leechin? o3o

Tail def is the only time I can leeech without getting flamed 4 it.

I call it my catch up days. I que up all my shows I've missed during the week whenever tail is cycled in. :*

I hate leechers, they are the scum of every single mmorpg game after bot users. Just like that horse dude called Siegfried or something like that that leechs ever since day one of Mabinogi, I found him years ago and ever since then i blocked him

Next time you encounter a leecher, hit them with adniel's horn and lol.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Woah, woah. I had no intention to derail the thread. I was just stating my opinion on these 3-Player SMs.
    I only have like three friends willing to help me out and if worse comes to worse, I ask my guild.
    But it's a pain even thinking that I need to resort to that.
    It's a pain trying to contact them, wait for them, run the mission (TDB really, Provo isn't that bad).
    I'd rather just solo and get it over with. Much easier, less time consuming on my end..
    I even solo Blinkers of Partholon. ..Yeah, I call it that.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    watercat0 wrote: »
    guys you can do any mission, there is no requirement to do the daily one.

This is actually true. :o

I skipped 3 days worth just because I was too lazy when I could have been doing Dorren's Request Basic and be done with it in 2 mins.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sai wrote: »
    watercat0 wrote: »
    guys you can do any mission, there is no requirement to do the daily one.

This is actually true. :o

I skipped 3 days worth just because I was too lazy when I could have been doing Dorren's Request Basic and be done with it in 2 mins.

Yeah if you have synthesis ranked.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Everyone skipping tdb makes me sad. It's very low effort and with sms crystal I get 3.1m exp, and a little over 200k with the potential for broken seal chains etc.
    Nilrem
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Everyone skipping tdb makes me sad. It's very low effort and with sms crystal I get 3.1m exp, and a little over 200k with the potential for broken seal chains etc.

Sometimes it is an effort to login. ;)
    SherriBlissfulkill
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    TDB > Rescue Scout
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I solo sulfer spider on elite.... it's so easy when you know the aggro of the spiders.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    I solo sulfer spider on elite.... it's so easy when you know the aggro of the spiders.

Flame burst/Kunai storm always works lol.

But middle room they aggro onto you no matter what.
    Unless you keep the the corrrupted alchs/golems alive.
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    edited November 8, 2017

Divine Link is your friend here, just place your pet in a good spot where it won't get knocked back so easily and you're golden.
    HarukariSherri
  • qaccyqaccy
    Mabinogi Rep: 545

R1 Crisis Escape, Lightning Rod, Shooting Rush to take care of deadly. This is how I do it!