Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do you even enjoy mabi anymore?

Comments

• SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Step 1: Find something Dumb

Step 2: Just Do It

http://i.imgur.com/ftfSsLz.mp4

• KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    By switching things up and not doing the same thing over and over.

Sometimes you need to get out and explore. And maybe even rally some of your friends / guildies to do something like the Girg raid. Or play the Mafia game?

Honestly, I've been playing Mabi for a while and if you don't like grinding, there's plenty more you can do that isn't monotonous. Even doing some PTJs once in a while breaks the mold.

"Who does PTJs anymore...?" Even more reason to probably give them a shot here and there...maybe not doing all in one city, but a few here & there.

It's your Fantasy Life Anime Life!
  • ceriiiiceriiii
    Mabinogi Rep: 525
    You have to get lucky and meet a few people that wish to include you in their circle. Otherwise, this game grind feels like Warframe's on a more linear side. Forunately though, despite the dwindling numbers on servers beside Alexina, there are still some people who fit that. Other than that Mabinogi is a good game to get your grind fix done fast and easy. You'll literally be tired after a few ranks of a life skill.
  • PopclipsPopclips
    Mabinogi Rep: 790
    Yeah, I think the most fun I've ever had with people in mabi has been when we're just doing random stuff like goofing off in Iria. XD I've taken breaks from mabi as well, just because the grind gets boring, especially when your friends decide to take a break from mabi too. Honestly, I think the people make the game more than the actual game itself.
  • ShugshugShugshug
    Mabinogi Rep: 570
    I personally enjoy doing things solo, I wish more things could be done alone. I hate spam and I hate rushing, sadly the whole mindset when you do a dungeon or sm in party is RUSH RUSH RUSH and if you don't keep up you get left behind. I like taking my time and enjoying the company of others but almost all people enjoy rushing thru, simply so they can be the "first to finish" So I pretty much solo and if I can't I miss out on it, because its not worth the stress of rushing. Plus dungeons make me have motion sickness if I rush, or when changing the camera angles too quickly. I also enjoy being a merchant, buying and selling things. I do hate grinding, I wish they would make training pots for all skills and affordable or have quests to train skills, not just grinding. I do have a few friends I enjoy chatting with but I never do runs with them because of the rush. I also hate it when we are forced to party with others to do an event, or anything. I'm socially awkward and an introvert as well, so for me I enjoy playing mabi pretty much solo I buy, sell, work on skills a little here and there, work on Gquests, help new people sometimes, there is always something to do on mabi, thats why I play it. Maybe eventually I'll find people who don't like rushing thru things like me. =D
    Worstnoobeverz
  • WorstnoobeverzWorstnoobeverz
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Shugshug
    Shugshug said:

I personally enjoy doing things solo, I wish more things could be done alone. I hate spam and I hate rushing, sadly the whole mindset when you do a dungeon or sm in party is RUSH RUSH RUSH and if you don't keep up you get left behind. I like taking my time and enjoying the company of others but almost all people enjoy rushing thru, simply so they can be the "first to finish" So I pretty much solo and if I can't I miss out on it, because its not worth the stress of rushing. Plus dungeons make me have motion sickness if I rush, or when changing the camera angles too quickly. I also enjoy being a merchant, buying and selling things. I do hate grinding, I wish they would make training pots for all skills and affordable or have quests to train skills, not just grinding. I do have a few friends I enjoy chatting with but I never do runs with them because of the rush. I also hate it when we are forced to party with others to do an event, or anything. I'm socially awkward and an introvert as well, so for me I enjoy playing mabi pretty much solo I buy, sell, work on skills a little here and there, work on Gquests, help new people sometimes, there is always something to do on mabi, thats why I play it. Maybe eventually I'll find people who don't like rushing thru things like me. =D
    Guess I gotta try take things a bit "slowly" to enjoy the game and solo xD
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Best thing in my experience is to find people you enjoy playing the game with, though that goes for a lot of things in life. Seriously though, the game is a lot better with just even one person to hang out in game with, even better when you join a community like a guild.
  • ShomarukiShomaruki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Enjoy it more if they would just uncap cooking like I asked for the past couple years.
  • ShugshugShugshug
    Mabinogi Rep: 570
    Worstnoobeverz

Worstnoobeverz: Guess I gotta try take things a bit "slowly" to enjoy the game and solo xD
    No xD but the question is "How do YOU even enjoy mabi anymore?" Thats how I enjoy mabi, if you like rushing and partying thats fine too.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    My motivation for playing is mostly my guild. I like helping people a lot, be them friends or randoms, and managing a guild takes a lot of time as well. XD

In addition to running dungeons/sms and skill training, I help people train their stoofs too, and we plan events and other fun random things to do together.

The game stays fun because I'm not just playing it for myself. :o
  • Karin_TaoriKarin_Taori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Oh it's pretty easy for me to find something to do. Usually for me it's writing story and imposing it on gameplay. EX: I decide to write my elf being a chryomancer, so I try and use only ice based magic and to gather ice based things a play the game that way. Another challenge I set is to not use any armor that has already been worn by an NPC - so no languihiris chaser armor for me due to renovation npcs o:

I also like to just randomly come up with cosplays based on the equipment we have and try to level them into actual characters - EG: I have a character based on lara croft, and so i would work on her mainly as an archer/gunner/adventurer and try to go through the game that way. If she has never used it or has no experience with it, i don't use it either. A fun one I plan to do someday is to do a cosplay of Robin from Fire Emblem: Awakening (Caladbolg is a perfect Levin Sword, plus we can hold books in the off-hand. now if only i can find an invisible one-handed lightning staff to turn lightning rod into Thoron...)
  • AxelrodAxelrod
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    A guild in Mari is keeping me tethered to Mabi moreso than Alexina ever did. What the heck, guys.
    Imaizumi
  • ReassureReassure
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Find some friends who have a similar approach to mabi and like doing the same kinds of things you do. If you hate dungeon spam, it wouldn't make sense to surround yourself with people who live for dungeon spam. That's not to say you shouldn't be friends with them, I'm sure you'll get along fine as long as you aren't forcing yourself to be in a situation that makes you (or them) feel miserable. Like a lot of other people here have said, mabi is much more fun if you have people to share those experiences with, just be aware of what exactly it is about mabi that's getting you down.
  • uohoutuohout
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    "How do you even enjoy Mabinogi?"
    Well, one of the many ways of entertaining myself is by playing music and exploring the large list of talents I could invest in and rank up. Its grindy yes, but I've grown used to it due my long history of playing MMORPG games. I'll pop up now and then peeking around the server seeing what to do still.
    uohout
    uohout said:

"How do you even enjoy Mabinogi?"
    Well, one of the many ways of entertaining myself is by playing music and exploring the large list of talents I could invest in and rank up. Its grindy yes, but I've grown used to it due my long history of playing MMORPG games. I'll pop up now and then peeking around the server seeing what to do still.
    I wish I can enjoy grinding as much as you do ;-;
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    edited January 8, 2017
    I've maybe logged in for 3 weeks total in 2016. The appeal started to lose it's shine with G13, and went downhill fast after Pet Scooters and Reforges. devCAT took that slippery slope and never looked back. Just my two cents.

I check this game out every once in a while because it's still a damn good example game for Game Design 101 in a sense.
    edited January 8, 2017
    암호
    암호 said:

I've maybe logged in for 3 weeks total in 2016. The appeal started to lose it's shine with G13, and went downhill fast after Pet Scooters and Reforges. devCAT took that slippery slope and never looked back. Just my two cents.

I check this game out every once in a while because it's still a damn good example game for Game Design 101 in a sense.
    It is a good game design lol. It includes many fantasy and RPG features than other games I know. Too bad there are more grinds (train skills and farm items) to do than contents to enjoy which annoyed me the most.
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    Hardmuscle

"3D" Game Content Creation is a lot harder than, I assume, most people can even begin to imagine. This is most especially true when the game engine being used is more than a decade behind the times and cannot always keep up with the expectations of a "modern gamer".

If you're looking for the most modern graphics and the effects you see in recently developed games, you will not find it here, no matter how many coders they hire. ~ At least not before a complete overhaul and reconstruction of the game into a modern 3D engine.

Example: Real Time Physics. ☺
    I was referring to the mechanics. I am well aware that a vastly more advanced game, say Final Fantasy XV will have much more complex mechanics, graphics, and engine. Hence why I said Game Design 101 -- the basics of what (and what not) to do/is possible.
    [Deleted User]
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I came back to the game because of sales, guild becoming more lively, more things to do (renown allowing us to have higher base critical hit and base critical damage), and more items to get.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    It gets harder every year really :/

The events keep it alive somehow, but it gets repetitive now and then. Now i only play when there is a worthy event that gives cool stuff.
    Im still waiting for Mabinogi 2 and hopefully with better anime graphics like:

Peria Chronicles (<--- Hype for this one! <3)
    Soul Worker
    Closers Online

And for the love of Nao a 2017 ENGINE!!