Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

TROLLEST RNG EVER! THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited November 2, 2017 in General Chat
This sad bittersweet story goes like this (WITH EVIDENCE and a WITNESS!!)

After many many months i finally got a few stacks of red upgrade stones and 2 lucky ones from last events so i thought i was ready to try my luck with my 2 trusty CRK Swords and get them up to R5... but nothing could be further from the truth, The first sword was a pain and nothing but sorrows came from it... in the end i used both of my lucky red stones to get it up to R5.

THEN with only 7 normal red stones and no more lucky ones i started with the second sword and this happened:
o76ZObM.png

My reactions when i got that R4:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25833-1338648475-5.gif
rbZYW.gif
latest?cb=20150727031515

And thats my sad bittersweet story... idk what to do now, I want to enjoy the moment but i want to cry too...
Sphyra21SherriDarkpixie99offwithyourheads

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Rng is lovely sometimes. I spent over 100 stones just getting s5 on my hermit staff, once I made my own druid staff it went 1-5 no fails, then only used 1 protection stone for 6. So went straight 1-6.
    NilremSheenaSherri
  • SheenaSheena
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Rng is lovely sometimes. I spent over 100 stones just getting s5 on my hermit staff, once I made my own druid staff it went 1-5 no fails, then only used 1 protection stone for 6. So went straight 1-6.

Hang in there.
    9MamPer.gif
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    I've been really lucky overall, I can't complain. My langu crown is max roll, same with the chest and boots all made them myself too so I'm pretty proud of that.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Meanwhile I'm sitting here with lucky stones stockpiled from a partner.
    Takes forever to get any, but skipping RNG is worth the wait. And gold.
    And I get to keep my sanity, so that's a plus.

Now if we want to talk about RNG, my days of enchanting are enough for some laughs.
    For some reason, Enchants never work well for me whenever I try to do my own things. Pretty much the reason I'm holding off on enchants until chain slash.
    But somehow, whenever I do an enchant request for anyone...
    Even if the chance is 10-30%...
    It NEVER fails.

Boggles my mind.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited November 2, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Meanwhile I'm sitting here with lucky stones stockpiled from a partner.
    Takes forever to get any, but skipping RNG is worth the wait. And gold.
    And I get to keep my sanity, so that's a plus.

Now if we want to talk about RNG, my days of enchanting are enough for some laughs.
    For some reason, Enchants never work well for me whenever I try to do my own things. Pretty much the reason I'm holding off on enchants until chain slash.
    But somehow, whenever I do an enchant request for anyone...
    Even if the chance is 10-30%...
    It NEVER fails.

Boggles my mind.
    Oh man I don't want to even think about how many times I've failed enchants. Doing my own never seems to work the first time but I have good luck with everyone else. ~Minus that one time I failed someone's foretold burn twice in a row~ I felt so bad for them
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    This is just a little suspicion I have. But I believe some items are cursed. >_>
    SheenaHellkaizerpawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I thought OP will tell a story of getting S7 sword with 7 red ups. But meh...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I have tons of lucky upgrade stones because of events and partners. If anyone wants I can upgrade your weapon you just have to pay for the unlock.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Ya it happens.

I got r3->r1 reforge happened on my Demonic sunday+Demonic bars with just two fine reforges each.

Never happened again till this day on anything else I reforged.

Crazy.
  • SheenaSheena
    edited November 2, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    I thought OP will tell a story of getting S7 sword with 7 red ups. But meh...

I think my luck died that day... i dont know if i can get that lucky ever again in this crazy RNG game
    Gaea wrote: »
    I have tons of lucky upgrade stones because of events and partners. If anyone wants I can upgrade your weapon you just have to pay for the unlock.

I think after we get to R4 only protection ones should be used??? Can't remember
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Nice! I'm gonna keep my staff and my cylinder at rank 5 for a looong time. I don't like risking it.
    RNGesus scares me..
    Sheena
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I've had some scary awesome luck enchanting things for friends, but I constantly fail when I try to enchant my own stuff.

The random number gods are cruel and capricious.
    Sheena
  • JoejonasJoejonas
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    edited November 5, 2017
    I got r7 in 7 on my lance actually and then it ranked up super fast too but Idk there’s some suspicious rng activity happenin tbh
    -proceeds to fail icicle burn 4 times-

(Was a while ago tho, bless dunby upgrade anvil)
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Joejonas wrote: »
    I got r7 in 7 on my lance actually and then it ranked up super fast too but Idk there’s some suspicious rng activity happenin tbh

Does everyone have a "Lucky" anvil? I tend to do it in dunb, but when that one eats a ton of stones I go to my hs and if that one works I go to the one in qilla. I know it's pointless superstition, but that hasn't actually failed for me yet. The Qilla anvil is my hero for step4>5
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Joejonas wrote: »

Does everyone have a "Lucky" anvil? I tend to do it in dunb, but when that one eats a ton of stones I go to my hs and if that one works I go to the one in qilla. I know it's pointless superstition, but that hasn't actually failed for me yet. The Qilla anvil is my hero for step4>5

I have tons of lucky stones. :D
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited November 6, 2017
    I remember purchasing one Luxurious Eweca Package when it came and gave my wife the Eweca Red stone of protection. We both succeeded (s7 wand for me and r7 for her knuckles) in one go.
    At dunby.

You could say.. it was worth it.

Something that will never happen again is witnessing a dual elemental rolled on knuckles right after she decides to go for Drop Kick with her ele3 merlins though..
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Kaga wrote: »
    I remember purchasing one Luxurious Eweca Package when it came and gave my wife the Eweca Red stone of protection. We both succeeded (s7 wand for me and r7 for her knuckles) in one go.
    At dunby.

You could say.. it was worth it.

Something that will never happen again is witnessing a dual elemental rolled on knuckles right after she decides to go for Drop Kick with her ele3 merlins though..

I wish I could go rank 7 but I just can't bring myself to potentially blow up 10m + cimeni anvil.
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    I wish there was a different way to upgrade those things, like stack stones for better %. I've blown through 50+ stones on 1 item, but on another item, I'd go straight to level 5 with no hiccups. I also never step 6 my things, because I usually can't afford to make another if it gets nuked. I was quitting Mari and moving to Alexina, so I decided to step 6 my celtic royal warrior hammer for teh lulz, and it succeeded, of course.