Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

More Dreamcatcher weapons!

GiegueGiegue
Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
in Feedback and Suggestions
As an avid user of transformation mastery it's a shame there's a grand total of 4 Dream Catchers in the game. The Beginners Ordinary Dream Catcher, Ordinary Dream Catcher, Moonlight Dream Catcher and Nightmare Dream Catcher. All Dream Catchers have 0%~0% Injury Rate, 13% Critical, 40% Balance, and cannot be upgraded.
The only Dream Catcher that can be crafted is the Nightmare Dream Catcher and it's max possible damage is 31.

I think there should be a wider selection of Dream Catchers that can be crafted, including possibly higher damage two-handed dream catchers (so no shield, but more damage)
While the skill itself gives a significant boost of strength, other weapons overshadow Dream Catchers in raw damage, before upgrades are even applied.
  1. Bigger selection of Dream catchers, with reasonably viable damage?9 votes
    1. Yes, More Craftable Dream Catchers. Two-Handed Dream Catchers too.
       44% (4 votes)
    2. Yes, More Craftable Dream Catchers. But not Two-Handed Dream Catchers.
       44% (4 votes)
    3. No, Don't want more Dream Catchers.
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    Isn't the damage from dreamcatchers as of current offset by the stat and strength or HP bonus from transforms? Though a wider variety would be nice, granted such as higher success rates but no damage [or inherent -str or other stats to offset the higher rate] or higher damage with a reduction in success rates.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Yeah, I think the focus of the current Dream catcher's was more focused on their success rates. As someone who's collected 98% of all the monsters I'd like some more combat orientated Dream Catchers. They're about as strong as a short sword but can't be upgraded at all so they're not great. The increase in stats does make a little difference but the penalties outweigh the mediocre damage, making the skill fairly useless and gimmicky to use. Part of me wants crafting to be relevant again but Pfffffffff.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    It would be nice to see some new variations of Dream Catchers, maybe even another tool that works the same way but works more like a wand or sword for those who prefer swift combat outside of the actual transformation mastery skill.
    Giegue
  • ElboFangElboFang
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Hey I got a few questions does the dream catcher effect the shapeshifter damage and is there any other way to make you do more damage when you shapeshifte?