Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

MABINOGI MOBILE TEASER

HainesaiHainesai
Mabinogi Rep: 930
in General Chat
SherriMizukiHayama

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Very late news, but A for effort.

This has been known for as long as Chain Slash's original teaser.

Which was a few months ago.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    *facepalm* You got to be kidding.
  • HainesaiHainesai
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    It just makes me think they are booting it back up o.o
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'd play it but it better work for iPhone 5c and I won't play it if it doesn't have an English language yet. x_x
    offwithyourheads
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited November 16, 2017
    That's the english teaser, before no one knew if we were getting it or not since it was limited to korea.
    justshowing
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited November 16, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Very late news, but A for effort.

This has been known for as long as Chain Slash's original teaser.

Which was a few months ago.

This one was introduced on G-Star 11.16 ~ 11.18.
    One you know is old one, this isn't.
    Veylaine
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited November 16, 2017
    people might say the character running looks nice and fluid but honestly I think it looks stiff and mechanical. cheap cel shading... -shrug-

I don't have a mobile phone. oh well

Also Greta/Gaea if you bothered to actually press play it's a different trailer than we've ever seen before now
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited November 16, 2017
    Malcolm never looks that happy.

Also, was kinda hoping to see what magic would look like. I don't think they showed it in that trailer.
    SherriPip-Boy
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Arjune wrote: »
    people might say the character running looks nice and fluid but honestly I think it looks stiff and mechanical. cheap cel shading... -shrug-

the whole thing looks stiff and mechanical .

and i hate it when dev's insist on having bloody aoe indicaters on the floors -_-

also why is duncan a woman now?

• RaishiiRaishii
    edited November 16, 2017
    3rdy wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

the whole thing looks stiff and mechanical .

and i hate it when dev's insist on having bloody aoe indicaters on the floors -_-

also why is duncan a woman now?

I'm pretty sure he's still a guy. They just made his outfit look a bit more...effeminate or something.
  • VaughanVaughan
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited November 16, 2017
    Too bad they didn't just spend this money retexturing all the old stuff on the current Mabi.
  • KnavemareKnavemare
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Data shows mobile is where the money is....
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Still excited for the game. Extremely hope we get more information from Gstar about it as the news trickles to english. This trailer showed us a bit more of the combat and gathering but without seeing the UI and how the game is played I cant make a concrete opinion on it just yet. I do want to play though.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited November 16, 2017
    i think the graphics get a big A+ for me, you guys seem to focused on the looks instead of how fun it can be.

Also the running looks fine with me, at least its better than current mabi.

The combat looks promising to me, at least to me as the melee combat it had shown so far appears to remind me of a mix of Dragon quest online and a bit of Tales series combat but slower, it appears enemies don't flinch all that often but it seems there is a sort of flinch meter which reminds me of tales once again.

Again to the graphics, it looks wonderful to me sure not as entirely great to original mabi but this mabi has the graphics that makes it "Anime" if your one of those folks who love anime, at least these graphics don't make your eyes bleed because Mabi is part anime begin with they just change it up to many times with Fantasy life then anime life although back to fantasy life once again. Graphics still look nice to me, this should of been that one game the Mabi arena but failed due to players hating on it mostly due to players not liking how it looks how its FAR from what Mabinogi is, This Mobile game is as close to Mabi it ever been.

Now if only instead of Mobile devices this game became a PC game i am sure going to play this game if it ever comes out, Don't even care if they have a PC version of this game with the similar mechanics of that of a Mobile device like so many on other gaming websites that alot of players come to hate due to not being a PC game but a mobile made into PC with little to no difference at all.

Character models is improved in this game compared to original Mabi for you fashinogis out there. So you don't feel like a robot who first discovered how to run or walk with faces that wins every contest of not blinking or a poker face, plus these characters have more life in them then we do in Original Mabinogi why say no?

Is it because its mobile? Yea dumb question.
    Is it because you hate starting all over? being poor? being a newb again? Stinks to have your gaming personality then.
    Is it because this game in context is far behind current Mabinogi? I can live with that if it means playing a game to have fun again.
    Is it because the Graphics? Well i can't change your mind with that, to me this is a big improvement as it may be less laggy due to not so high textures for most players.
    Is it because this game is "Not" Mabinogi? What even makes Mabinogi then? That Mabi is long gone since G12.
    Game look stiff? Well original Mabi is more stiffer, Hair to face to your toes.
    Is it because you will lose the ability to stare in one direction without ever blinking till time to pull the plug with Mabi? Well i don't know about you but blinking eyes is inviting as weird as i worded it. I mean look at the Monster Blinker does it just simply draw you in? To its gaze of slowing ya down till it eye slams ya? YEP
    Is it because you can't make an elf or giant yet? Well it will maybe come to that in the future, They have to :c THEY MUST!
    Is it because there will not be enough clothing options yet? Or Many weapons to feel like a sore thumb out of the crowd? The future will tell.
    Is it because i'm so annoying with grammar and that i talk to much about a game that we don't even know to have a future? Well maybe not in NA but will in Korea, It IS there home game after all they get all the good stuff over there. Anime seem to be bland in NA compared to Japan, Korea, and Asia.
    SherriMizukiHayama
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    It seems ok but.
    It's on mobile how will chat work will there even be chat?
    How will all the tab's for skills fit on the screen?
    Will we have all the talents we have in the pc version right away?
    Will we be able to transfer data from original mabi to mobile mabi and vice versa?
    Will servers be better then PC mabi?
    Will this be treated better then PC mabi?
    Can i turn into a seal on this too or will i have to wait a couple of years?
    Honestly to me it seems ok but i already play mabi so why should i care show something different that will give older players a valid reason to play other then it's mabi but prettier as that isn't a valid reason battlefront2 2017 is prettier then the old one but that doesn't make it a better game same goes for this.
    Greta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    dra011 wrote: »
    It seems ok but.
    Will we be able to transfer data from original mabi to mobile mabi and vice versa?
    Honestly to me it seems ok but i already play mabi so why should i care show something different that will give older players a valid reason to play other then it's mabi but prettier as that isn't a valid reason battlefront2 2017 is prettier then the old one but that doesn't make it a better game same goes for this.

Well.. I'd assume;

Not sure about the chat, probably either a button to pull it up would be best.
    Skills.. er.. probably a few buttons to use the skills..?
    I doubt we will have all the talents. Maybe it'll be warrior, mage, archer and then slowly add the rest.
    i highly doubt there will be transferable data.
    IDK if the servers will be treated better or not.

It will most likely come out in a few years, considering MapleStory 2 is still not out in NA and it's been a while, but who knows~
    It's a mobile game so it might be easier to bring over to other areas compared to a PC game.
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    huh, looks like they added an arrow rain skill. Guess some of the skills or talents are gonna be reworked.

also,
    Alshian wrote: »
    ...Is it because you hate starting all over? being poor? being a newb again? Stinks to have your gaming personality then.
    Is it because this game in context is far behind current Mabinogi? I can live with that if it means playing a game to have fun again.
    Is it because the Graphics? Well i can't change your mind with that, to me this is a big improvement as it may be less laggy due to not so high textures for most players.
    Is it because this game is "Not" Mabinogi? What even makes Mabinogi then? That Mabi is long gone since G12.
    Game look stiff? Well original Mabi is more stiffer, Hair to face to your toes....
    ...Is it because you can't make an elf or giant yet? Well it will maybe come to that in the future, They have to :c THEY MUST!

personally, I'm still of the opinion that having actual races, rather than just picking our appearance, was a mistake. For everything else, yeah, I like the look to and I'm ready to start over.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    dra011 wrote: »
    It seems ok but.

Well, of course you wouldn't be very likely to care about the game if you already play it on PC. That's because they're marketing to the people who are too busy to play the game on PC.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 17, 2017
    Still prefer old Mabinogi more. Also not a fan of mobile games. How you are supposed to play MMO on the phone? Tap the hell out of it and miss-tap every single button too? Graphics look weird too, i don't like it.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited November 17, 2017
    Looks like most of the exact same PC assets just got a graphical dye job. Then put on the phone. :*