Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the June Renovation Season 5 Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/92024/june-renovation-season-5-update-patch-notes-june-6th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Another event RUINED for the RNG

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
Posts: 381
Member
edited November 18, 2017 in General Chat
Only got junk, but i am not surprised
My wings will die in 60 days after all that effort... So thanks for nothing i guess.

EDIT: To answer some questions:

1. Yes, the robes are nice and all, but im not a big fan of them
(Adding scarfs and capes would be a huge improveme-... Oh wait, that idea makes too much sense, better ignore it~)

2. There is something called an "Office Job", ya know... that kind of work where you have to wake up at 7AM and then work till 8~10PM and the only thing you want to do is to eat something and if you have enough TIME play some video games or enjoy any other hobby before having to go to sleep early.

2.1 Here is a picture to make it more simple
6502342_700b.jpg
I am at the stage 2

3. Gachas this gachas that... Not a fan of gambling and even less for some virtual items.
JazmynVimiIyasenuoffwithyourheadsCrimsọnHazurahSherriBehelitMizukiHayamapawcalypseand 1 other.

Comments

  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Posts: 2,818
    Member
    The stream said they are, unless they changed that.
    Sheena
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    The stream said they are, unless they changed that.

    Thanks
  • ZuramaruZuramaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    Posts: 12
    Member
    This is why I took 10 boxes and after opening them and get crap I just took a 1 year extension coupon. 424 days is plenty of time to get tired of the wings for me and all they effort won't feel like a waste...
    SheenaoffwithyourheadsMabskmk
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Posts: 886
    Member
    Well you were given the option to buy a 1 year extension coupon so...not really a 'thanks for nothing'
    SheenaVeylaine
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Maybe the coming days coins and gift boxes might award you the coupon you wanted.

    Still ~12 more days until you can give up.

    But that still really stinks...
    Sheenaoffwithyourheads
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Well you were given the option to buy a 1 year extension coupon so...not really a 'thanks for nothing'

    Oh I still have my main character with 20 coins, and it seems that there is still hope untill Nov. 29
    But the RNG is still a big problem.
    badnewsbarrett
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited November 18, 2017
    Sheena wrote: »
    Only got junk, but i am not surprised
    My wings will die in 60 days after all that effort... So thanks for nothing i guess.

    Better be thankful for free robes...

  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    edited November 17, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Only got junk, but i am not surprised
    My wings will die in 60 days after all that effort... So thanks for nothing i guess.

    Better be thankful for free robes...

    maybe don't tell people what they should and shouldn't be thankful for. They don't exactly answer to you

    you should know that a LOT of people in game can;t afford wings, and to people like that the wings are more important than some robes. Just because someone is complaining about the unfairness of the RNG for the perma wing coupon doesn't mean they don't appreciate the robes.
    KitsuyashaMizukiHayamaRheySherriBehelitoffwithyourheadsCarlize
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Posts: 667
    Member
    you still get the radiant shade quest after completing the wings
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited November 17, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Only got junk, but i am not surprised
    My wings will die in 60 days after all that effort... So thanks for nothing i guess.

    Better be thankful for free robes...

    maybe don't tell people what they should and shouldn't be thankful for. They don't exactly answer to you

    you should know that a LOT of people in game can;t afford wings, and to people like that the wings are more important than some robes. Just because someone is complaining about the unfairness of the RNG for the perma wing coupon doesn't mean they don't appreciate the robes.

    Can't afford wings? You must be joking. Nexon released new wings on every gacha left and right, so like more than half of them lost their value by half or even more. Some people even give out wings for free to others and small cute wings are for only 2-4m gold lurking in shops. When i was newbie i remember cheapest wings being at least 15m and good old White/Black Angel Wings used to be 40m+. Now they are only 8-15m gold... Even last Halloween gacha wings were for only 7-15m, the priciest ones were dyable versions and some pure white/black ones.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    edited November 17, 2017
    you gotta realize there's a LOT of players that don't even have 1 mil...and if they do, they have more important things to spend it on. When I was a newbie I played for like 2 years before I ever had even 1 mil.... but then again back then only premium users could even set up a damn shop. it's much easier now, but still not that easy... so when you say "2-4 mil is 'cheap'" I'm sure there's a lot of poorer players that would cringe
    KitsuyashaRedetsuMizukiHayamaRheyImaizumiXiokunNyuuHokusaiHappersSherriBehelitand 4 others.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited November 17, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    you gotta realize there's a LOT of players that don't even have 1 mil...and if they do, they have more important things to spend it on. When I was a newbie I played for like 2 years before I ever had even 1 mil.... but then again back then only premium users could even set up a damn shop. it's much easier now, but still not that easy... so when you say "2-4 mil is 'cheap'" I'm sure there's a lot of poorer players that would cringe

    Well i surely cringed at this one.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    Greta wrote: »

    Well i surely cringed at this one.

    mind explaining?
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 28
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    you gotta realize there's a LOT of players that don't even have 1 mil...and if they do, they have more important things to spend it on. When I was a newbie I played for like 2 years before I ever had even 1 mil.... but then again back then only premium users could even set up a damn shop. it's much easier now, but still not that easy... so when you say "2-4 mil is 'cheap'" I'm sure there's a lot of poorer players that would cringe

    Well i surely cringed at this one.

    Tell me your secret to money so you don't have to cringe at how some people don't find 2m cheap.

    I only recently broke that amount and I had to spam the crap out of missions, even with crystals. If that's really the method without doing gacha, it's not surprising.
    SherrioffwithyourheadsMizukiHayama
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    edited November 17, 2017
    I guess Nexon want people 2 have the allusion of owning wings. Like how they gave untradeable incubus wings out to inactives back when they're 100m+ becuz of how ridiculous it was 2 obtain it behind 2 walls of pay rng. Gotta gamble on the gacha. When U got the wing orb(After spending hundreds of dollas) U gotta gamble and hope 1/10 chance the wing U pulled was the incubus wings. If not repeat step 1 till u get another wing orb. *shivers me timber*
    SherriMabskmkMizukiHayama
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    you gotta realize there's a LOT of players that don't even have 1 mil...and if they do, they have more important things to spend it on. When I was a newbie I played for like 2 years before I ever had even 1 mil.... but then again back then only premium users could even set up a damn shop. it's much easier now, but still not that easy... so when you say "2-4 mil is 'cheap'" I'm sure there's a lot of poorer players that would cringe

    It isn't that new players can't get that gold, its that they don't know they CAN make that gold.

    How to make 1 mil without any kind of level needed:
    1. Sell 1-4 event items on the market
    2. You have 1mil now, keep going for more

    This is sort of why I teach most new players I meet how to make gold.
    And then a month later they already handle millions of gold and easily play the game.

    And yeah, as far as wings go, 2-4 mil is amazingly cheap.
    Compare it to things like 80m Incu wings on Tarlach, and it becomes more obvious.
    ShouKGreta
  • scorpin99scorpin99
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    Posts: 22
    Member
    edited November 17, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    you gotta realize there's a LOT of players that don't even have 1 mil...and if they do, they have more important things to spend it on. When I was a newbie I played for like 2 years before I ever had even 1 mil.... but then again back then only premium users could even set up a damn shop. it's much easier now, but still not that easy... so when you say "2-4 mil is 'cheap'" I'm sure there's a lot of poorer players that would cringe

    It isn't that new players can't get that gold, its that they don't know they CAN make that gold.

    How to make 1 mil without any kind of level needed:
    1. Sell 1-4 event items on the market
    2. You have 1mil now, keep going for more

    This is sort of why I teach most new players I meet how to make gold.
    And then a month later they already handle millions of gold and easily play the game.

    And yeah, as far as wings go, 2-4 mil is amazingly cheap.
    Compare it to things like 80m Incu wings on Tarlach, and it becomes more obvious.

    Well that's only if you're lucky to get the RNG for the good event items that will even sell, not to mention the fact that some people don't have the time to leave a computer running 24/7 just for the hope that anything will even sell in their shop. If either of those don't work you have to underprice things on purpose just to trick the flippers into buying them. and then you go check out their shop and the item they had just scalped off of you just instantly sells and now you hate your life because the only other method of making money was nerfed into the ground (conflict).
    SherrioffwithyourheadsMizukiHayamaArchdukeValeCortez
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    scorpin99 wrote: »
    Well that's only if you're lucky to get the RNG for the good event items that will even sell, not to mention the fact that some people don't have the time to leave a computer running 24/7 just for the hope that anything will even sell in their shop. If either of those don't work you have to underprice things on purpose just to trick the flippers into buying them. and then you go check out their shop and the item they had just scalped off of you just instantly sells and now you hate your life because the only other method of making money was nerfed into the ground (conflict).

    Actually, no. I have never required the best event items for any sales, and neither does anyone getting gold from them.

    You also don't need your comp up 24/7. Even a small amount of time is good for a sale. On Tarlach's slow market.

    Why underprice when you just take 10% off your previous price and say its on sale.

    If they take your item into their shop, it means you sold for a price only a fool would place. Except for the rare case someone tries that when you sell at market price and realizes they can't charge higher. Then you get to laugh at them.

    And no, it isn't really nerfed into the ground. Or else I would have stopped doing it by now.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,205
    Posts: 9,197
    Member
    edited November 17, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    you gotta realize there's a LOT of players that don't even have 1 mil...and if they do, they have more important things to spend it on. When I was a newbie I played for like 2 years before I ever had even 1 mil.... but then again back then only premium users could even set up a damn shop. it's much easier now, but still not that easy... so when you say "2-4 mil is 'cheap'" I'm sure there's a lot of poorer players that would cringe

    Well you sure are getting a lot of likes there. But...it really is easy to make gold. There's really no excuse except ignorance or laziness. You're advocating these terrible behavioral traits because obviously you don't like being told to be thankful for something. I am suspecting there may be some personal issues or experiences tied in with that salt.

    When people say they should be thankful for something, it's a positive suggestion because they could easily not have anything at all.

    Things can always be worse.

    -pat pat-

    Happy Thanksgiving. :)
    GretaNilremMabskmk
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    edited November 17, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    you gotta realize there's a LOT of players that don't even have 1 mil...and if they do, they have more important things to spend it on. When I was a newbie I played for like 2 years before I ever had even 1 mil.... but then again back then only premium users could even set up a damn shop. it's much easier now, but still not that easy... so when you say "2-4 mil is 'cheap'" I'm sure there's a lot of poorer players that would cringe

    Well you sure are getting a lot of likes there. But...it really is easy to make gold. There's really no excuse except ignorance or laziness. You're advocating these terrible behavioral traits because obviously you don't like being told to be thankful for something. I am suspecting there may be some personal issues or experiences tied in with that salt.

    When people say they should be thankful for something, it's a positive suggestion because they could easily not have anything at all.

    Things can always be worse.

    -pat pat-

    Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    I'm getting a lot of likes maybe because what I said resonates with people and they agree with me? Why are you so threatened by likes on a post someone has? Gold is easy for people like me who knows the market, and I definitely take advantage of events, but not everyone plays this game the same way. There's actually people that think selling event items is immoral because they got it for free and they gift them to friends. So because that's how they are as a person we should call them lazy or dumb? Really, you guys are making this into more than it should be. There are actually poor players in this game... in case you can't somehow fathom that for some reason... is it somehow wrong for me to acknowledge and consider those people? Why are you judging people like it's somehow your JOB? I don't care about 'likes', you can have them. if they threaten you so much that you have to bring them up
    Nilrem wrote: »
    And yeah, as far as wings go, 2-4 mil is amazingly cheap.
    Compare it to things like 80m Incu wings on Tarlach, and it becomes more obvious.

    We shouldn't have to compare it to any 80m wings or even 2-4 mil wings. They were supposed to be free event wings that people could make permanent but NOPE not unless you have extreme blessing of the gods luck. It got people's hopes up, so of course they're gonna feel sad and want to complain -- especially the ones that need their money to buy gear and repairs instead of 2-4 mil wings because those people actually do exist. I know some of those people

    They can still extend the wings by a year, so hopefully people will learn from these threads not to waste coins for the perma coupon and just get the 1 year extension coupon if they really want to ensure they get to keep the wings for a while
    scorpin99SherriRedetsuoffwithyourheadsMizukiHayamaArchdukeValeCortezpawcalypse
This discussion has been closed.