Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Wardrobe Mystery Rating Solved(?)

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited November 16, 2017 in General Chat
It's the tally of the server's wardrobe collection ratio of the item in circulation. Not its rarity value. Just the ratio of Ur server's player base who collected the same item into the wardrobe from the total amount in circulation.

0-star= Not released/None in circulations yet(DUH! :p )
1-star= 1-20%
2.-star=21-40%
3-star=41-60%
4-star=61-80%
5-star=81-100%

Basically that means a 5 star clothes usually mean~(EX.)if there is only let's say...10 Divine outfit made it into circulation 8-10 of em must be rotting in someone's wardrobe. While steampunk stuff has no rating cuz there is none in circulation+collected 4 the server to tally. The wardrobe(server) must be keeping tab(tallying) on the item's ID code when it's released into the market.

lzY8aSv.gif
MizukiHayamapawcalypse

Comments

• VaniaVania
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,065
    edited November 16, 2017
    I'm pretty sure the stars are based off the number of people that have the item in the wardrobe and has nothing to do with circulation. However, it's uncertain exactly how many of each item would trigger the # of stars. All I know is, if there is exactly 1 of the item in the wardrobe in the entire server, it's automatically 5 stars. What's unknown is when the item drops to 4 star value... 10 in the wardrobe? 20?

0 stars doesn't necessarily mean no one has the item, it simply means no one has collected the item in their wardrobe. 'Rarity' of each item is recalculated every maintenance and that's when you may see the fluctuations in an item's rarity in the wardrobe.
    MizukiHayama
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yeah, I think it's based on how many people have a specific outfit in their closet.
    The bigger the number of stars, the less people that have a said item in their closet.
    However, if an item has no stars whatsoever, the outfit isn't released yet.
    MizukiHayama
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited November 16, 2017
    Actually, I think you got it backward

It wouldn't make sense for, say a Robe, to be a 1 star item at 1-20% when plenty of people store that in the dressing room (should be 81-100%)

I see 0 star sometimes as not released item or currently counting how many there are

But I'd like to say it does have to do with rarity xD Robe 1 star of course is going to have crap ton because you can buy it off shop compared to Divine Demigod Outfit 4-5 stars were that is gacha released only item and only a handful of people have them
  • qaccyqaccy
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    Sherri wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it's based on how many people have a specific outfit in their closet.
    The bigger the number of stars, the less people that have a said item in their closet.
    However, if an item has no stars whatsoever, the outfit isn't released yet.

I don't think for zero stars it means the item's not released. Not in all cases, anyway. I highly doubt the stars update constantly in real-time, so it's likely that even stuff that's newly released will be at zero stars for a while until whatever period of time elapses where star ratings get updated.
    MizukiHayama
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Only now have I seen that Steampunk outfits were present in the Dressing room :o.
    If they are the ones I have seen in an image they look nice <3!
    Anyone knows when they might make an appearance? :3
  • SherriSherri
    Only now have I seen that Steampunk outfits were present in the Dressing room :o.

Not sure, but they better be in a shopping bag..
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380

For once I agree with you but don't hold your breathe. I suspect gachas will be how we see them made available.
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730

I agree, but sadly doubt it ;-;.
    It is known that steampunk was desired for a while, and they look really nice...sooo, Gacha would probably bring a lot more income. But heck, I will keep my hopes up too, cuz if not I won't ever get them QwQ
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

This.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    For once I agree with you but don't hold your breathe. I suspect gachas will be how we see them made available.

Doesn't always have to be that way. They released cross empire outfits as shopping bags. KR released them as gacha for their community. So they CAN, it's just a matter if KR will let them.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

If it's shopping bag, i'm buying it ASAP.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 19, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

I'm buying like 5 of them. No one in the future should be without this outfit. :O
  • SherriSherri
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

I'm buying like 5 of them. No one in the future should be without this outfit. :O

Same. I'll be getting NX to buy for my friend (if she doesn't buy for herself, which she probably will, having a job and all.. GG)
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I won't get one. Not unless they change the male ver into a skirt. :*
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    Leather shoes are 3star... does that mean not a lot of people bother to collect them? :D
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    It would seem that all this gacha and loot box junk may finally start getting regulated. I for one thing RNG gambling should be done away with altogether and I think this may just be the beginning.

I agree, but sadly doubt it ;-;.
    It is known that steampunk was desired for a while, and they look really nice...sooo, Gacha would probably bring a lot more income. But heck, I will keep my hopes up too, cuz if not I won't ever get them QwQ