Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Instruments that'd be an awesome addition

Sphyra21Sphyra21
Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
edited January 15, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
We already have a fairly good range of instruments but I still feel that we could benefit from some additional ones. Instruments with a * by them are ones I want the most.
*Ocarina (need I say more? They're awesome!)
*Acoustic Guitar
Drum Kit (a more complex setup but I think it'd be cool)
*Trumpet
Trombone
French Horn
Steel Drums/Marimba
*Xylophone (not just the itty bitty handchimes lol)
*Stand up Bass
Clarinet
Pipe Organ
Harpsichord

So what's everyone else's thoughts? What instruments would you like to see added?
  1. So which of the above do you want most?40 votes
    1. Ocarina
       20% (8 votes)
    2. Acoustic Guitar
       5% (2 votes)
    3. Drum Kit
       8% (3 votes)
    4. Trumpet
       8% (3 votes)
    5. Trombone
       0% (0 votes)
    6. French Horn
       3% (1 vote)
    7. Steel Drums/Marimba
       3% (1 vote)
    8. Xylophone
       0% (0 votes)
    9. Stand Up Bass
       0% (0 votes)
    10. Clarinet
       0% (0 votes)
    11. Pipe Organ
       3% (1 vote)
    12. Harpsichord
       3% (1 vote)
    13. All the * instruments
       15% (6 votes)
    14. All of the above
       35% (14 votes)

Comments

• HyoukariHyoukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    Didn't even have to think twice. Ocarina pls.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Support. All of da insts!
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited January 15, 2017
    Saxophone
    Sphyra21
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    edited January 16, 2017
    Eralea
    Eralea said:

Saxophone
    I KNEW I was forgettin' one!
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    there is a Xylophone tho... apparently you can get one from getting level 20 renown with brianna ^^'
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    No it's a milky way hand chime. I want an actual concert xylophone.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    IGN: Siodhan
    Server: Alexina

Hey.

So, there are a couple of instruments that, in my opion, we still really need in mabi to give us a perfect amount of variety. Whether we'll be able to craft them with Math Music materials or buy them with gold or ducats doesn't matter to me all that much, I'm only asking these don't become another rare as heck thing as e-guitars once were. If anything, reskins in gachas are acceptable for a key social feature such as this. Anyway, on to the list of things I feel like we really still need. You may want to argue that you want more, but I feel like these are basicially essential:

- Acoustic Guitar (Lute, Ukulele and Mandolin all sort of match this sound, but none of them truly do)
    - An actual Bass
    - Triangle and Square Synthesizer (or maybe others too) Synthesizers (not all in one, but seperate ones with a full 6 octaves each, or they're going to be trash)
    - An E-guitar with a full sound spectrum that matches all other instruments so that they can actually be used in freestyle and also have really low notes for normal songs
    - Drumkit combining all our drum and cybal sounds, plus added snares and the like, could be handicrated from said instruments (sounds could be arranged like the two sounds on the bassdrum)
    - Organ (full note range as well)
    - Missing instruments from KR that we do not have

I know that's a lot of stuff, but if nothing else, I've been wanting the very basic real life instruments we for some reason never had, for as long as I can remember. At the very least, synthesizers shouldn't be very hard to add. There are a lot of songs out there that have synthesized sounds in them that are just very hard or impossible to recreate without the appropriate frequencies involved.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    You know what else I haven't seen? Timpani.

I want to do a full band o3o
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Pan flute too.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited November 18, 2017
    Hey everyone! I've been researching different kinds of instruments and I noticed that there are so many of them!

As I was reading the different kinds of instruments, I kept thinking "Why aren't these in Mabinogi?"
    I know that people have suggested tons of them already but why not make a thread about it?

I'm hoping this will get popular so maybe one day there will be a list sent over to Nexon Korea so we can get them into the game.

Yeah, there is already a ton of instruments in the game but there is many more instruments out there!
    Lots of people enjoy playing music too and they would love it! The more the merrier, I say! ♪
    Plus I don't know about you, but I'm sick of all the reskins of instruments when we could be getting more types of instruments.

(( I'll update the list of instrument suggestions here and there if people comment about some ))
    (( I also included a list of instruments we already have! ^u^ ))

Instruments We Have;
    Lute, Mandolin, Ukulele, Guitar, Flute, Whistle, Roncadora, Chalumeau, Tuba, Hand Chimes, Cello, Violin, Piano, Lyre, Harp, Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Cymbals, Handbell, Music Bottle, Microphone, Standing Microphone..

Instrument Suggestions;
    Didgeridoo
    Ocarina
    Xylophone/Marimba
    Clarinet (( Yes, they're basically Chalumeau. Your point? A whistle is basically a flute. ))
    Bagpipes (( I don't know what can be more Celtic than this. ))

Also, cuz' why not; share what your favorite instruments are in Mabinogi and real life! Here are mine;
    Mabinogi - Chalumeau (( Needs more love IMO ))
    Real life - Xylophone/Marimba
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    more new instruments would be great. we have so many already but some players have already played them all. bringing in new instruments would give new players more options and make old players want to play more with all the new sounds and song possibilities. also if they do add a Ocarina it would be the perfect chance to do a Zelda crossover event. players could get a Fairy Ocarina and homestead props for free. the Ocarina of Time could be in a gacha with instruments like royal deku pipe as a reskin of the pyhsis tuba, zora guitar reskin of a electric guitar, and goron drums as a reskin of the drums we have.

also pretty sure some players want to know how to play this thing:
    Guru-Guru_(angry).png
    SherriYangKoete
  • SherriSherri
    OH okay. So they merged my thread, which I put a lot of effort into, with a thread from June.
    Smh.
    Siodhan
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    No thread merging discrimination! I suggest both threads be merged onto this one from january.

Moooooods
    Sherri
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    It's all right, Sherri, they already ignored like 3 of my super big threads (around 7 times as big as your post with a lot of detail and thought put into it) even on the old forum. This suggestion of mine was not new; I had already posted a similar version on the old one. All we can do is keep posting and hoping that even if they merge them, someday we will be noticed.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Siodhan wrote: »
    It's all right, Sherri, they already ignored like 3 of my super big threads (around 7 times as big as your post with a lot of detail and thought put into it) even on the old forum. This suggestion of mine was not new; I had already posted a similar version on the old one. All we can do is keep posting and hoping that even if they merge them, someday we will be noticed.

I don't mean to be rude towards you at all, by the way. I'm glad that you share the same ideas with me. I hope we do get noticed, but I'm just confused more than anything. They tell us not to necro but merge with an old thread? Er.. what is even happening o.o
  • MarianthiMarianthi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Honestly I've always thought a harpsichord would be a great addition too. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to implement either, given that its pretty similar to the piano.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Oh yeah, they merged it with the January thread.
    ugh.
    *shoots self with cylinder*
    x_x
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    edited November 21, 2017
    Wow I was just thinking about this thread the other day and here it is active again ^^
  • SherriSherri
    Hopefully it stays that way. Merged to heck though lol
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    All of the above instruments would be great to have added, however, I worry some may be glitchy like the cello when soloing, so they should fix that... (unless thats just me).... and an electric bass should be a new instrument that I dont recall seeing above (to offset the distortion of the electric guitar).
    Sherri