Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

My Questions of Concern for Fairy Event

RedetsuRedetsu
Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
edited November 19, 2017 in General Chat
Hello, this is Gregoria from Ruairi Server. I am enjoying the Fairy Event with being able to train life skills rather quickly.

My concern comes from after finding the same fairy 50 times. They leave to go back to the village and you can't find them again.

My question about this is: After finding all 5 fairies 50 times, will you be able to complete the daily fairy quest of finding them 3 times for the Fairy Village Autumn Gift Box?

The event page mentions that the "Daily quest will require you to find any fairy 3 times or find Flora 3 times." , but I haven't seen a Flora fairy appear since I started. Does that mean after one finishes getting the village to level 5 that the Floral fairies appear instead to let you do the daily quest, or is it just rare?

I'm sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but thank you if anyone could answer this.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Once you find 50 of each fairy, the daily quest changes, and you also stop getting or needing candy.

Instead of finding a fairy 3 times, you find Flora 3 times.

Flora will appear from any of the previous gathering methods, and doesn't need candy.
    She doesn't count for the fairy village, so it's basically just a "you're done with the village, but you can still earn gift boxes" thing.
    Redetsu
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    edited November 19, 2017
    @Iyasenu
    I see, thank you so much for explaining this.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Once you find 50 of each fairy, the daily quest changes, and you also stop getting or needing candy.

Instead of finding a fairy 3 times, you find Flora 3 times.

Flora will appear from any of the previous gathering methods, and doesn't need candy.
    She doesn't count for the fairy village, so it's basically just a "you're done with the village, but you can still earn gift boxes" thing.
    I got the Flora quest, however, there is no gift box stated in the rewards in the quest window. I did not completed the quest yet, so no idea if it will automatically be given upon completing the quest..

And how rare is this Flora? I just harvested 7 patches of herb without seeing one at all. Never happened before with the normal fairies.
    RedetsuSherri
  • ShouKShouK
    If you don't want to keep screaming and swearing in front of your laptop screen, and then go crazy and rage quit. I legit spent more time finding 3 flora than I spent finding 50 fairies. And I don't even found flora 3 times yet. I just found it twice, before I rage quit. Also, I don't even know if I can still get the fairy village box because unlike in the normal event quest, there are only stamina elixir and exp stated as the rewards in the floral quest.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    yikes o_o good thing I have 17 characters on my account. honestly if you have others on yours, just use those. you get a box per character
    VimiSphyra21JazmynHazurah
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Wait what?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I wanted all the rewards so I got to level 5 right away. :p
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    I was wondering about that part when I posted the thread of my concerns...
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    edited November 21, 2017
    OK, just checked with a guildie friend, and the Floras are mainly rarer.. ^.^;;
    I'm not sure if the rarity and reward is a good motivator to do the quest.. u.u;;
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I know most accounts start with 6 characters and you can get 2 more, and older accounts got 5 free character cards. Best solution imo is to use other characters :P though it's pretty silly to make Flora that rare....I wonder why they did that? or maybe it was a coding error?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Actually, my friend and I were trying to get normal fairies yesterday. I was going after Dressy and she was after Melty, but for some reason we went through huge periods where none would show up. I assume it's just RNG taunting us but it was a little.. off.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    The quest does not state you will get another box, I noticed that as well. I never ended up finding a single flora after a long, long time. I really don't give a crap at this point. Their stupid exaggerated chances ruined this event for me entirely ,given how I had nothing to gain from it in the first place. This is pure torture for people who already have everything ranked. Luckily I just wanted the new figures. Bye event. -_-
    ShouK
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Yup, no more boxes after lvl 5. Nice reward for working hard.
    The announcement says "Once your village is maxed out, you will stop receiving this quest", which I don't remember reading before (and I read event announcements carefully). The official post in the News and Announcements forum was also edited shortly after you made this thread. Something smells fishy...
    ShouKSherriAsaluanse
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Oh!!!! Thanks for posting that; luckily I haven't had time to get very far~
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Another thing to note is that Redetsu said in a post made yesterday that
    Redetsu wrote: »
    The event page mentions that the "Daily quest will require you to find any fairy 3 times or find Flora 3 times."
    Yet there is no (longer any) mention of Flora in the official posts. The wiki-page is another indication.

We all make mistakes sometimes but please don't hide them using sneaky edits Nexon.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    No more boxes from dailies after you get 5lvl Village? Really? THIS IS SO DUMB. There goes my chance on trying to get Goose Feather Totem or any Totem Bag... So disappointed.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Yep if you work hard to finish the village you no longer get a bag from daily for finding flora. Thanks nexun u da best
  • ShouKShouK
    Beryl wrote: »
    Yup, no more boxes after lvl 5. Nice reward for working hard.
    The announcement says "Once your village is maxed out, you will stop receiving this quest", which I don't remember reading before (and I read event announcements carefully). The official post in the News and Announcements forum was also edited shortly after you made this thread. Something smells fishy...
    Oh. My. God. I can’t believe they ninja’ed that in. I was hoping that I was wrong and that the box will be given anyways upon completing the quest despite not stated in the rewards because the announcements did mentioned flora before. Great work Nexon. I GUESS HARDWORK DOESN’T PAY OFF IN THIS GAME. Ugh.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    Yeah, this is upsetting. IF I knew it'd be like this, I wouldn't of gotten 50 each day on my character. Instead I would of done it a couple times and call it good. But no...

Honestly we should be allowed a reset of the book or to have a chance at getting a new one, whichever is easier. That way we'd have a chance at the rng gift again.
    GretaSherriImaizumiNilremoffwithyourheadsAsaluanse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Zarric wrote: »
    Yeah, this is upsetting. IF I knew it'd be like this, I wouldn't of gotten 50 each day on my character. Instead I would of done it a couple times and call it good. But no...

SAME... So sad. And too bad i don't like having multiple accounts to get full advantage like some people like to do. :/

Sherri