Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So what made you choose Mari?

AquasolAquasol
Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
in Mari Chat
For me, it was partly that my friend that introduced me to Mabi was there, and also because Mari was much cuter than Generic Hero Guy and Andy D...uhh, Matthew Brock in Newsradio.

Comments

• ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Because my wife, Taka, started Mabi a few months before I did, and she was on Mari, hehe.
    Aquasol
  • CocoshiCocoshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Oh hey it's Aqua
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I was scared of full servers at the time so I decided to go to the one that had a little less people. :^)
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    o n o;; I tend to choose by the name-
    Mari sounded the best-

in tera, i chose the Lake of Tears server ;w;
    and ff14- i chose faerie server xD.
    I guess I like going with cute / dreamy names
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited December 15, 2016
    I was a closed beta tester and Mari was the only server at that time, but it was called Nao until G1 started. Both share the internal name "mabius1"
    Because of that it was the server listed at the top and thats what I wanted to go with.
  • KybbleKybble
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I picked Mari because I'm pretty sure it's the server I played on years ago.
    I don't remember anyone I played with then, so I'm starting completely fresh and new.
  • Kandi13Kandi13
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    An online friend wanted me to try out and play mabi with him and he happened to be in Mari sooo here I am now.
  • SudaìSudaì
    Mabinogi Rep: 455
    edited December 15, 2016
    Friend played and wanted me to join him, so I did, then he quit that same day. Here I am two months later. lol
    Berryswirl
  • MugenaiMugenai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,475
    Already had friends on Mari when I started so it only made sense to join the same server
  • VengenciaVengencia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    I was introduced to Mabi back in 2009 by my best friend, Ayllin. She had wanted me to play the game with her back then but I did so only sporadically. Then one day, it just kind of happened. I really started to enjoy the game and completed the generational story lines. We later got married and we serve together as the leader and officer for Shocknblaze, which kept me playing.

What got made me choose Mari? My best friend :)

• mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    I was brought here against my will but I guess I'm okay with it in the end...
    Mugenai
  • MugenaiMugenai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,475
    mintiel
    mintiel said:

I was brought here against my will but I guess I'm okay with it in the end...
    You'll suffer with us and you'll like it
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    It was the best option at the time I joined and I would probably still choose Mari if I joined today xD
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Eeny, meeny, miny, Mari.

Done.
  • CecilCecil
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    It was the most populated server at the time, and it had the easiest name to pronounce of the original servers.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Originally I had played on the Morrighan server on Eu. When Eu was shut down our relatively small community made a split decision to go either to Alexina or Mari. I picked Mari, where a vast majority of my friends moved to as well.
    Lleuad
  • CombatnogiCombatnogi
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    Welcome to Mari
    We have drama
    You will too
    Enjoy your game
    Sherri
  • LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Giegue
    Giegue said:

Originally I had played on the Morrighan server on Eu. When Eu was shut down our relatively small community made a split decision to go either to Alexina or Mari. I picked Mari, where a vast majority of my friends moved to as well.
    Same, to a T. With the exception that I aparently had my only character card in Tarlach already created, so I silently murdered it to go play in mari with the rest of my friends.

It was a newbie character that I hadn't have done anything with anyways.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I started the first day out of beta. It was the first server on the list.
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    I chose Mari 'cause it sounded cute. I also beta tested in the Nao server so when the game came totally live I noticed that server wasn't there anymore.. So i went with the the server that seemed close to it thinking maybe it just had a name change..
    and waddyaknow. nao = mari haha