Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

the "7" under Celtic dowra

KnavemareKnavemare
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited November 16, 2017 in General Chat
Iv been looking all over for info on the Celtic dowra guns and trying to figure what's special about them and on the gun list it has a (7) under them and I was curious what that meant. Iv heard two theories.

1.It's the attack speed rate.
2. It's the number of attacks you get out of skills like shooting rush.

So if someone can clear this up for me it would be much apprenticed and thanks in advance.
  1. You know what the (7) under the gun list means12 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (6 votes)
    2. No
       50% (6 votes)

Comments

• KageitoKageito
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited November 16, 2017
    I think it means the number of hits on an enemy before they're knocked back/knocked down. If you mean the "Very Fast 7 Hit" thing anyways. If not, then I'm not sure.
  • KnavemareKnavemare
    So doing shooting rush with Celtic dowra with hit 7 and doing it with dowra SE will only hit 6?

P.s should have put a poll for "you think you know" lol
  • KageitoKageito
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    It would only apply to normal hits. Shooting rush does 4 hits of damage per enemy you attack.
  • KnavemareKnavemare
    edited November 16, 2017
    ok I see what you mean. When I craft my celtics I'll test that theory but I would like to know for certain what it means.
  • KnavemareKnavemare
    I guess the community doesn't have a SOLID answer?
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    The "7" is just slightly faster attack speed than Dowra SE, but it's not very noticeable because of server lag usually. If we had KR's latency then you would easily see the difference.
  • KnavemareKnavemare
    edited November 16, 2017
    AstralBlue wrote: »
    The "7" is just slightly faster attack speed than Dowra SE, but it's not very noticeable because of server lag usually. If we had KR's latency then you would easily see the difference.

And you know this as fact to be true or assumption. Not trying to question your knowledge just want to know for certain?
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    the hit amount on the weapon always indicate the amount of hit you can deliver to enemy before they get knocked out with maximum attack speed AKA Best latency too
    SO if you attack slow enough you will get more hit before knock out the enemy, but the enemy will likely to retaliate
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Knavemare wrote: »
    AstralBlue wrote: »

And you know this as fact to be true or assumption. Not trying to question your knowledge just want to know for certain?

From my point of view, seeing how I own a pair of Celtic Dowras, they seem like they land more hits in the same time frame and distance as Dowra SE. If I can land 6 hits with Dowra SE, then I can potentially get 8 hits in if I have virtually no lag in that moment.

Also, sorry about the late reply, I forgot about this thread.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited November 22, 2017
    Attack speed = Stun rate(slower weapons means longer stun vs faster weps means shorter stun) N+1 is easier 2 perform with slower weapons but harder to sweep with normal attack cuz slower animation.
    Hits = Hits b4 knockback.

Dat is all. Not a theory. Just game mechanics.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Cross empire guns are superior anyway. They really should rerelease that gacha sometime.