Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Options For Grass Graphics and New Quest Sound

FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
edited November 22, 2017 in General Chat
Alright, so I already posted this in the Bug section but it got locked and taken down so I assume it isn't a bug for whatever reason. I didn't get an answer though, only a response saying this is a good thing, I highly disagree.

QgRrzUW.jpg

"The top image shows what the grass normally looks like, but if I move the camera to look around, all the grass disappears like in the bottom picture. If I don't rotate or move my camera in any way the grass comes back after about 20-30 seconds.

This has been happening for a long time and was wondering if there was any way to fix it. Also, I'm pretty sure I have all my settings in the game at max."

Okay, so this REALLY annoys me when I'm in Tir by ciar dungeon or the graveyard. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix it because I hate the splotch on the ground that looks like the MS Paint bucket tool.

The person who was saying it's good was because it makes it easier to see items. Well I hold down alt whenever I'm looking for items so I have no problem with tall grass. In fact, I think it makes the game look more pretty.

If it's part of the core game design there's nothing that can be done, I was just wondering if there was some secret option I didn't know about that was causing this. I like to run this game (and others) with the highest settings, so I checked and double checked everything and couldn't find an option related to this.

Okay, part 2. I can say without a doubt that I absolutely despise the new quest sound with a burning hatred. I hate it so much in fact, I would rather hear nothing.

So, is there a way to go back to the older more satisfying quest completion sound? If not, at the very least is there a way to disable the new one?

I feel like if I hear it one more time I'm going to disable all my game audio every time I start doing quests. I'm not trying to make a hate rant or anything like that, I just really hate that sound.
Drognak

Comments

• AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Okay, part 2. I can say without a doubt that I absolutely despise the new quest sound with a burning hatred. I hate it so much in fact, I would rather hear nothing.

So, is there a way to go back to the older more satisfying quest completion sound? If not, at the very least is there a way to disable the new one?

I feel like if I hear it one more time I'm going to disable all my game audio every time I start doing quests. I'm not trying to make a hate rant or anything like that, I just really hate that sound.
    I honestly hate the sound also. It's so...obnoxious? It's up there with the constant pop ups you get every 10 levels.

There really needs to be an option to disable these.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I dislike how anytime I open a dialog my inventory shifts under my bags I'm not sure if there's a fix for it.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I never play with sound on. I suggest U do the same? ;)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Rhey wrote: »
    I never play with sound on. I suggest U do the same? ;)

I have to have some sound on. I am the player who plays with the music turned off.
    Mabskmk
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I never get grass anymore. Never. They're all gone, just icky green splots on the ground. Saddening.
    MediaKleptoAstralBlueFreakoutcast
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Leilicia wrote: »
    I never get grass anymore. Never. They're all gone, just icky green splots on the ground. Saddening.

Less rendering.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I don't have anything that'll make it do it, to my knowledge.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Eh all this isn't a very big deal IMO. :/