Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Maple Leaf Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited November 22, 2017 in Vault
Autumn has fallen upon us, and the leaves in the trees are getting ready for their long, winter nap. Our friend Duncan in Tir Chonaill is a big fan of the gorgeous red trees of Autumn and he's looking for help to get a great collection of the season's colors. He's even handing out special outfits for those that help out the most, so lend a hand while you can.

00J7e-3e99f2e8-c178-41f2-a524-a03d10839de6.jpg

Maple Leaf Event

00Ilx-74c8cdaa-3c75-4a64-9719-e152b9d3750a.gif

Event Dates: Wednesday, Nov. 22 - Wednesday, Dec. 13

How to Participate

• Speak to Duncan in Tir Chonaill to receive the quest to start the event, and your Collection Book.
  • Find Maple Tree Stumps in the following cities across Erinn
  • Tir Chonaill
  • Dunbarton
  • Emain Macha
  • Dugald Aisle
  • SenMag
  • Bring Bottles of Water to each tree to help it grow. As more players bring it more water, it will eventually grow into a beautiful, fully grown Maple Tree.
  • Once the tree is fully grown, collect a Maple Leaf to fill your Collection Book.
  • Once your Collection Book is full, use the book again to complete the book and receive a Maple Leaf Coupon.
  • Purchase another Collection Book from Duncan and finish them to collect more Maple Leaf Coupons.

Event Rewards

Trade in Maple Leaf Coupons to Duncan for the following rewards

• 40x Maple Leaf Coupons: Maple Suit
  • 40x Maple Leaf Coupons: Maple Dress
  • 10x Maple Leaf Coupons: Maple Leaf Fan
  • 50x Maple Leaf Coupons: Credne's Reforging Tool
  • 30x Maple Leaf Coupons: Fine Reforging Tool
  • 20x Maple Leaf Coupons: Enchant Expiration Removal Scroll
  • 50x Maple Leaf Coupons: Platinum Hammer of Durability
  • 30x Maple Leaf Coupons: Rusty Hammer of Proficiency
  • 20x Maple Leaf Coupons: Spirit Weapon Repair Potion (6 - 10)
  • 10x Maple Leaf Coupons: Spirit Weapon Repair Potion (1 - 5)
  • 10x Maple Leaf Coupons: Fine Gem Powder
  • 5x Maple Leaf Coupons: Regular Gem Powder
  • 5x Maple Leaf Coupons: Massive Holy Water of Lymilark
  • 5x Maple Leaf Coupons: Full Recovery Potion
  • 5x Maple Leaf Coupons: AP Potion (3 AP)
  • 5x Maple Leaf Coupons: 3 Homestead Stone
  • 2x Maple Leaf Coupons: Chat Color Change Potion
  • 2x Maple Leaf Coupons: Name Color Change Potion
  • 2x Maple Leaf Coupons: Name/Chat Color Change Potion
  • 2x Maple Leaf Coupons: Dragon Knight's Potion (10 Min)
  • 10x Maple Leaf Coupons: 2 Pon

00Ilx-f0c797d0-a402-4478-b1e2-e8e5b27a02e8.jpg
Fabe

Comments

• AmyureAmyure
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    Aside from obtaining a new outfit (if you even like how they look), the rewards for this event are pretty lame. Where's the double AP event? It's been 1/3 of a year since we've had one.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    -Once the tree is fully grown, collect a Maple Leaf to fill your Collection Book.
    -Once your Collection Book is full, use the book again to complete the book and receive a Maple Leaf Coupon.

So you get one coupon per book?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    ShouK wrote: »
    -Once the tree is fully grown, collect a Maple Leaf to fill your Collection Book.
    -Once your Collection Book is full, use the book again to complete the book and receive a Maple Leaf Coupon.

So you get one coupon per book?

yeah
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    edited November 22, 2017
    I talked to Duncan but I didn't get my book. Do you have to go to the tree to get the book?

Edit: nevermind, you cain wield the book, so it was in my equipment bag
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited November 22, 2017
    Now where in Jesus are these Maple Trees?

Tir Chonail is simple enough. It's near impossible to miss, being the only tree stump in the entire area, and on the way out of town.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 22, 2017
    TNinja wrote: »
    Now where in Jesus are these Maple Trees?

Tir Chonail is simple enough. It's near impossible to miss, being the only tree stump in the entire area, and on the way out of town.

There are 2 tree stumps in Tir Chonail; there is one by the western most bridge of the southern portion of the map. It is a huge tree stump you can't miss it. MabinogiWorldWiki says there is only one.
    * By my count of bottles you need 12~13 bottles to make it grow a sapling. Yes, I did one alone.
    * plus 4 bottles to make it grow bigger; still a work in progress.
    * plus 6 bottles to make it grow into a maple tree
    * plus 30 bottles to make the leaves turn red
    * the tree lasts a few minutes
    Mabskmk
  • ZianthraZianthra
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    Gave it a run...only get one coupon for a pretty substantial amount of time spent.

Sorry, way more trouble than it's worth.
    pawcalypseSherriMabskmkNegumikoFabeIyasenuHazurah
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    this event missing something

HOMESTEAD MAPLE TREE AS REWARD
    InsaneOasispawcalypseSherriWolfandWolf
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Incase people don't know: If you have a Food Truck pet, you can use it to gather water.
    pawcalypse
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Amyure wrote: »
    Aside from obtaining a new outfit (if you even like how they look), the rewards for this event are pretty lame. Where's the double AP event? It's been 1/3 of a year since we've had one.

the outfits are actually old from the last maple leaf event. only reason they look or feel new is cause they can't be traded and obtaining that many leaf coupons is a lot of work so it is rare to see the outfit. also not sure about the leaf coupons but I think the collection books can be stored in the bank so just complete a book and put it into the bank and wait to collect the coupon if someone is saving a lot of coupons and doesn't want a super full inventory.
  • ArogwenArogwen
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    My husband and I were checking it out and I got a lot more leaves than he did. You can't trade the coupons, but you can trade the 'Maple leaf of __' (hubby decided to ignore the event and tried to give me what he'd gotten so far) Not certain if you can sell them, but you can trade them.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sai wrote: »
    Incase people don't know: If you have a Food Truck pet, you can use it to gather water.

And I'm guessing you can't set it for other party members to collect from it?
    I asked this in another thread but nobody replied. =_=

If you can't, there are no words I can use to describe how utterly stupid that is.
    There is an option for people can harvest cobwebs from my spider! T_T
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    Sherri wrote: »
    Sai wrote: »

And I'm guessing you can't set it for other party members to collect from it?
    I asked this in another thread but nobody replied. =_=

If you can't, there are no words I can use to describe how utterly stupid that is.
    There is an option for people can harvest cobwebs from my spider! T_T

Nope, the Food Truck has no such option. Gathering water only works for the owner.
  • SherriSherri
    Even though as I said that there is no way to describe how stupid that is, I'm not surprised.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 23, 2017
    Too much effort for a single reward. Completing book 40 times for old ugly dress? Nah, thanks. Complete book 30 times forone Fine Reforge? Please. Not going to even mention other rewards too... Now i remember why i dropped this event quickly last time.
    SylviaWolfe
  • SherriSherri
    edited November 23, 2017
    Plus the fact that it seems like nobody is even bothering to do it. Nobody is growing the Dunbarton tree(s) on Mari, in ANY channel.
    I'm lucky if I see one person who then gives up
    smh

OH AND NOT TO MENTION if you even want to be a good help to people, you have to buy a flying food truck or else you are running back and forth like peasants!
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 23, 2017
    Plus the fact that it seems like nobody is even bothering to do it. Nobody is growing the Dunbarton tree(s) on Mari, in ANY channel.
    smh

OH AND NOT TO MENTION if you even want to be a good help to people, you have to buy a flying food truck or else you are running back and forth like peasants!

Ruairi too... u.u my husband said that there were people standing waiting for others to grow the trees... like, hey people, this is not an afk event, water the trees too and itll grow faster..... and by the time i got home from work, no one was doing it.

EDIT: a few working on it tonight... failing water stinks though.
    pawcalypse
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Did the event on the first day just to check it out.. and leeches everywhere. Me and thank god at least one other player were working hard growing the tree.. During those time there were other people standing there not doing anything. When the leaves became red, those afk-ers suddenly alive again and was hitting the tree. What made me even more mad is when maple leaf kept dropping for them and barely for me.

It took too much effort and time to even get one decent reward with the coupon, and I just really hate leechers so it’s against my principle to feed them. I’m just gonna drop the event. The maple leaf are actually sellable, but I don’t really see many shops selling it, so I guess people don’t really do this event lel one of the worst event ever.
    SherriJazmynpawcalypse
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    smh

at least they are having a food truck sale during the event this year. last time they had the event the food truck was not on sale until about 2 weeks after the event ended. I had around 20 or 30 bottles in my inventory and used my homestead well.

Did the event on the first day just to check it out.. and leeches everywhere. Me and thank god at least one other player were working hard growing the tree.. During those time there were other people standing there not doing anything. When the leaves became red, those afk-ers suddenly alive again and was hitting the tree. What made me even more mad is when maple leaf kept dropping for them and barely for me.

It took too much effort and time to even get one decent reward with the coupon, and I just really hate leechers so it’s against my principle to feed them. I’m just gonna drop the event. The maple leaf are actually sellable, but I don’t really see many shops selling it, so I guess people don’t really do this event lel one of the worst event ever.

the only major disadvantage this year is nobody wants to do the event cause of the amount of work it takes. kind of sad to see so many leechers this year, last time there would be at least 4 to 8 people working on some of the trees. but this is far from being one of the worst events mabi has had. at least it actually requires a lot of effort and there is no limit to many leaves you can collect a day. players are probably selling the coupons cause the outfits can't be sold or traded.
    SherriHazurah
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

Absolute worst event still goes to the July Caravan Events, where you have to defend caravan against various spawns. I still remember how two dragons spawned at the end and all I got for compensation was an MP potion. I'm sure that if I had actually fought those dragons outside the event, I wouldn't get a crappy reward like that.

But yes, this is a terrible event that for whatever reason they decided to bring back. And not even change in the slightest either. At least with fairies there were two Floral HS figures for those who had done it before. This one... nothing's changed. Same amount of insane effort for too little reward. Use a ton of water on a tree, punch the tree, collect a leaf, and then do it all over again on another tree.
    SherriMizukiHayama