Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

100% Repair Is Virtually Useless

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 21, 2017
    @CometRider IF I am understanding what you are suggesting correctly, the performance (damage, balance, crit, injury, etc) of a weapon is not affected by durability. Durability is how long your weapon lasts. If it goes to 0 durability, you simply cannot use it anymore. I am not sure if I recall anything in the tutorial explaining this.

Others may be able to give more insight on what sort of equipment is worth spending the gold on 100% repairs.
    [Deleted User]Bronzebreak
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    the 98% repair is a lie. It failed three times in a row. So much for making a end game tool. Had to toss it away and make a new one :(
    [Deleted User]
  • MeonketerMeonketer
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    Running a Alby Advanced HM solo gives about 500k in gold drops (assuming you take the time to pick them up and not just keep running to the next room). It takes me about 3-4 dura off my Bhafel per run using Holy Water+Melody Step+Premium (and I have low max damage, so it takes more dura than it should). At 100% repair, Bhafel is ~28k gold per point. This is easily sustainable, even without selling mats from the end chests. Saying 100% repair isn't sustainable for one thing (Shadow Missions) does not mean it isn't sustainable, just that it isn't for you.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 26, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Meonketer wrote: »
    Running a Alby Advanced HM solo gives about 500k in gold drops
    When was the last time you ran Alby Advanced HM solo? :trollface:

Loooooool. Duuuuudeee. I wish. Even if you do get such amount from every monster and chest gold drop in a solo run, you still would need to repair all your weapons, which means no profit or even the lack of gold to repair everything in the end.
    [Deleted User]
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Greta wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Meonketer wrote: »
    Running a Alby Advanced HM solo gives about 500k in gold drops
    When was the last time you ran Alby Advanced HM solo? :trollface:

Loooooool. Duuuuudeee. I wish. Even if you do get such amount from every monster and chest gold drop in a solo run, you still would need to repair all your weapons, which means no profit or even the lack of gold to repair everything in the end.

I use puppet plus blaze, my repair fees aren't really anything even if I do solo.
    [Deleted User]
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Am I the only dood who's going to be step 6ing beginner maces to dual wield for only 1g per point repair to 100% them for cheap while they're still really usefull...??
  • ArchmagickArchmagick
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    95% repair is the most efficient anyway for high cost gear. Take a 56th 48th CRK pair; at Edern it's 170k x 2 a point, at Nerys it's a much more manageable 65k x 2 for 1 less percentage point. So with 95% you save over FOUR MILLION per 20 points of repair, and statistically you'll only fail one more time per 100 repairs than you would with 98% (because 5% fail chance / 2 = 2.5% but 97.5% chance gets rounded up to 98%), but you've saved 10m PER SWORD so you can easily buy a plat hammer to cover that loss.
    [Deleted User]
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Archmagick wrote: »
    95% repair is the most efficient anyway for high cost gear. Take a 56th 48th CRK pair; at Edern it's 170k x 2 a point, at Nerys it's a much more manageable 65k x 2 for 1 less percentage point. So with 95% you save over FOUR MILLION per 20 points of repair, and statistically you'll only fail one more time per 100 repairs than you would with 98% (because 5% fail chance / 2 = 2.5% but 97.5% chance gets rounded up to 98%), but you've saved 10m PER SWORD so you can easily buy a plat hammer to cover that loss.

I have a pair of guns that cost 160k per point at 100%, I repair them at 92% and just repair protect or plat hammer when it fails, it's vastly cheaper. But something like my langurhis crown is only 14k a point at 100% and is very worth it as it loses dura pretty slowly.
    [Deleted User]
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    So, if we can't agree on 100% repairs being cheaper, I would also be fine with plat hammers not being locked behind a paywall as an alternate solution. Like, say...the adventurer seal shop. The supply is going to run out eventually. When that day comes, I bet the people that are happy with how things are now will suddenly be willing to agree. It's always like that.
    Jazmyn[Deleted User]
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Siodhan wrote: »
    So, if we can't agree on 100% repairs being cheaper, I would also be fine with plat hammers not being locked behind a paywall as an alternate solution. Like, say...the adventurer seal shop. The supply is going to run out eventually. When that day comes, I bet the people that are happy with how things are now will suddenly be willing to agree. It's always like that.

With the amount we get from hot times, events, reward shops with coins (Twilight coins) I don't think we'll run out.
    [Deleted User]
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Clickbait title ^

Because it cost far too much. Nearly 35,000 gold per point for my CRKs, nearly 18k/point for my savage fire wand, etc. It will put me in the red for any shadow mission I run, and running dungeons with that repair fee will break my bank in no time. As it stands, 100% repair is basically only for clothes, armor and wings purely due to the cost not being conducive to the frequency at which weapons must be repaired. This is definitely an improvement, but those items rarely lost durability anyways because they get repaired so infrequently. Unless you want to start farming and pawning off your rare drops to pay for repair fees. I'd suggest that the repair fee for 100% be moved to around 125% of the 98% repair fee, rather than around 200%. That's my opinion and my suggestion, how do you feel about it?

Human's final hit doesn't use durability. Maybe the reason why you need to repair is afking with them on...
    What kind of shadow mission are you running anyway...
    Shadow missions don't really matter enough to use good weapons. Even on elites it's enough to use beginner weapons that only cost 1g to repair
    [Deleted User]
  • CometRiderCometRider
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    @CometRider IF I am understanding what you are suggesting correctly, the performance (damage, balance, crit, injury, etc) of a weapon is not affected by durability. Durability is how long your weapon lasts. If it goes to 0 durability, you simply cannot use it anymore. I am not sure if I recall anything in the tutorial explaining this.

Others may be able to give more insight on what sort of equipment is worth spending the gold on 100% repairs.

My apologies for tardy reply! Thank you for answering my question. My main concern was a gradual degradation of your weapon's effectiveness as its durability declined over use because of wear and tear. If there is no degradation effect until durability reaches zero then there should be no point in making repairs but just replace the weapon when zero durability is reached, especially if it's a very expensive repair like with Formor weapons, would that be so? That would make it far easier to stuff my bank, happily! Nowhere else by Google have I found answers to this! Thank you!
    [Deleted User]
  • AkatsukiBlackroseAkatsukiBlackrose
    Mabinogi Rep: 565

CometRider wrote: »

My apologies for tardy reply! Thank you for answering my question. My main concern was a gradual degradation of your weapon's effectiveness as its durability declined over use because of wear and tear. If there is no degradation effect until durability reaches zero then there should be no point in making repairs but just replace the weapon when zero durability is reached, especially if it's a very expensive repair like with Formor weapons, would that be so? That would make it far easier to stuff my bank, happily! Nowhere else by Google have I found answers to this! Thank you!

There MUST be a "performance" hit per durability decline or no weapon gets hurt until durability is all spent. Nexon very poorly or misleadingly spells it out in this game because it'd be more cost-effective to just purchase a new weapon than repair at all in that case and Nexon couldn't profit off repairs.