Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Holiday Art Contest [DISCUSSION]

Comments

• pennybrendapennybrenda
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,780
    What are the Steampunk Gachapon rewards ? Because i cant really find the the Steampunk Gachapon.. :/
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    What are the Steampunk Gachapon rewards ? Because i cant really find the the Steampunk Gachapon.. :/

It's a future gacha we will be having this December (for sure, or else it wouldn't be a prize). You can find some info in the post about it, found in General Chat.
    pennybrendaDANIarts
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    I'm very confused, what's the second one for? Can we enter in the second one if we already entered the first one or no?????
    pennybrenda
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Hey @Dannydani, the second contest is for All regions. This is because we are unable to send the physical prizes to a region outside of NA. So instead, the second contest is a Gachapon prize. If you are part of the NA region, you can enter both contests
    DANIarts
  • VaughanVaughan
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Can you enter with the same entry on both contests? Or do they have to be different?
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Katherz wrote: »
    Hey @Dannydani, the second contest is for All regions. This is because we are unable to send the physical prizes to a region outside of NA. So instead, the second contest is a Gachapon prize. If you are part of the NA region, you can enter both contests

Then I shall enter both contests, thank you VERY much @Katherz for the info ♥
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Vaughan wrote: »
    Can you enter with the same entry on both contests? Or do they have to be different?

I personally will go with a different piece, I feel like it'll be safer that way? but idk how they are about that sort of thing.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Can a single entry count for both categories?
  • VaughanVaughan
    DANNYdani wrote: »
    I personally will go with a different piece, I feel like it'll be safer that way? but idk how they are about that sort of thing.
    I agree. Just figured clarification would be nice. :)
    DANIarts
  • pennybrendapennybrenda
    i think its very mean that NA region can enter both contests with the same drawings. so they have both chance to win the same contest with difrent prizes. and outside the NA only the gachapon prize.
    GretaMizukiHayamaDANIarts
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775

I still dont see why outside of NA Players are unable to get Physical rewards. mainly since old contests did allow for this, so im still not understanding why not anymore.
    secondly, gachas? really. Might just be me but, thats kind of a strange prize to receive for winning a contest. afterall the Gachas give no guarantee that you get anything good. yet people in NA can win really cool and even exclusive things!

atleast your trying to make an effort for global players but i still find it extreemely unfair. atleast NA players are guaranteed something spiffy, global people have a few tickets to gamble for free and likely not get anything worth their effort of winning....
    MizukiHayamaDANIarts
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    i think its very mean that NA region can enter both contests with the same drawings. so they have both chance to win the same contest with difrent prizes. and outside the NA only the gachapon prize.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • VaughanVaughan
    Kiruah wrote: »
    secondly, gachas? really. Might just be me but, thats kind of a strange prize to receive for winning a contest. afterall the Gachas give no guarantee that you get anything good. yet people in NA can win really cool and even exclusive things!

atleast your trying to make an effort for global players but i still find it extreemely unfair. atleast NA players are guaranteed something spiffy, global people have a few tickets to gamble for free and likely not get anything worth their effort of winning....

They give out gacha as a contest prize all the time. If someone doesn't think it's worth the effort, they won't bother. Simple as that. Not everybody thinks the NA exclusive prizes are all that cool or worth the effort, either.

Still don't think NA users should be allowed to enter the same picture twice, tho. That's the only thing I'd find unfair, personally.
    pennybrendaMizukiHayamaDANIarts
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Vaughan wrote: »
    Kiruah wrote: »

They give out gacha as a contest prize all the time. If someone doesn't think it's worth the effort, they won't bother. Simple as that. Not everybody thinks the NA exclusive prizes are all that cool or worth the effort, either.

Still don't think NA users should be allowed to enter the same picture twice, tho. That's the only thing I'd find unfair, personally.

Sigh... I have to agree as well. The digital prizes should be exclusive to EU players since NA is unable to send prizes outside of the US. They made another mistake with this contest.
    pennybrenda
  • pennybrendapennybrenda
    This contest is just unfair - all of it
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730

I was just thinking this today myself. At first it was not really fair that EU could not enter because of the inability to send the prizes here. I appreciate the wish to re-mediate that by adding a possibility for us to join also, but allowing NA to enter with the same piece does indeed make the whole thing not fair again: 2 chances vs 1.
    I'd have no issue if they would have to enter with different drawings though, if hey think it is worth their time to do 2 different pieces, then absolutely; but doing one and participating with it in 2 contests, that just...neah >u<
    Thank you for your time and excuse me if I may sound rude or such, just an opinion.
    VaughanDANIartspennybrenda
  • GretaGreta
    Double fail. Hope this event fails as well lol.
    Greta wrote: »
    Double fail. Hope this event fails as well lol.

Well, no >n<
    All in all, it is nice of them to add even any contest at all, they could have done nothing, they don't really have anything to gain, so I hope it does not fail, and it will not; There have already been posted some wonderful pics of cute charas on the NA submission page.
    I'm just saying it's not totally fair for the EU, but that does not mean I am not thankful or trying to throw a tantrum or something ^^.
    VaughanDANIartspennybrenda
  • GretaGreta
    edited November 29, 2017
    I can't draw like i said earlier, don't know how digital art works and i suck at traditional art too, my art style looks like 5th grader's. So i'm stuck anyway... xD
    Greta wrote: »
    I can't draw like i said earlier, don't know how digital art works and i suck at traditional art too, my art style looks like 5th grader's. So i'm stuck anyway... xD

Ah, sorry to hear that, you could try though ^^, I for one would like to see your character drawn by you. I know it sounds silly of me saying that since you said you cannot, but I believe anyone can create something if they put their mind to it :3.
    I will try participating if my sai will stop being a little corn cob and will recognize that the tablet HAS PRESSURE! Sigh, get your peas together sai.
    Either way, thank you Greta for your opinions and and support of our own *bows*

*Mizu slowly walks away, looking at the flying alpaca in the distance (Now I'm just babbling nonsense)*
    DANIartsGreta