Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Holiday Art Contest [DISCUSSION]

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    I can't draw like i said earlier, don't know how digital art works and i suck at traditional art too, my art style looks like 5th grader's. So i'm stuck anyway... xD

Let me draw you. Get on the bed, er the couch. XD
    DANIartsGreta
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I can't draw like i said earlier, don't know how digital art works and i suck at traditional art too, my art style looks like 5th grader's. So i'm stuck anyway... xD

Let me draw you. Get on the bed, er the couch. XD

srt4qTt.gif
    DANIarts
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    I personally feel like - if someone is going to repeat their artwork onto another contest, that it should automatically be disqualified.
    Specially if this contest is both NA-only and involves another being all regions. Though this is my opinion, people need or should do different pieces(and that's what i did) for the NA-Only, I did a Christmas-theme. For all regions I did Valentine's day-theme.
    MizukiHayamaGreta
    DANNYdani wrote: »
    I personally feel like - if someone is going to repeat their artwork onto another contest, that it should automatically be disqualified.
    Specially if this contest is both NA-only and involves another being all regions. Though this is my opinion, people need or should do different pieces(and that's what i did) for the NA-Only, I did a Christmas-theme. For all regions I did Valentine's day-theme.

Wonderful job btw <3, lovely pieces! Would also like to say good luck ^o^!

*did not comment there because did not wish to spam the submission threads*
    DANIarts
  • DANIartsDANIarts

Wonderful job btw <3, lovely pieces! Would also like to say good luck ^o^!

*did not comment there because did not wish to spam the submission threads*

Well thank you! ♥ @MizukiHayama traditional art is all I CAN do, if you put a submission in I hope best wishes on you as well ♥
    Even if I don't win, it was incredibly fun doing these.
    MizukiHayama

Well thank you! ♥ @MizukiHayama traditional art is all I CAN do, if you put a submission in I hope best wishes on you as well ♥

I'll go for digital ^^. And yes, mostly I am excited about trying the piece itself, what pose shall I do, what should I add in it, it just fills me with determination *o*!
    So yes, it will be fun <3.
    Thank you also!
    DANIarts
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Vaughan wrote: »
    Kiruah wrote: »
    secondly, gachas? really. Might just be me but, thats kind of a strange prize to receive for winning a contest. afterall the Gachas give no guarantee that you get anything good. yet people in NA can win really cool and even exclusive things!

atleast your trying to make an effort for global players but i still find it extreemely unfair. atleast NA players are guaranteed something spiffy, global people have a few tickets to gamble for free and likely not get anything worth their effort of winning....

They give out gacha as a contest prize all the time. If someone doesn't think it's worth the effort, they won't bother. Simple as that. Not everybody thinks the NA exclusive prizes are all that cool or worth the effort, either.

Still don't think NA users should be allowed to enter the same picture twice, tho. That's the only thing I'd find unfair, personally.
    There was a time where physical rewards from contests didnt excluede european people!
    Thats why im so stubborn about this!
    Aswell, if you win wouldnt you rather have a guaranteed item? it could be from a gacha, etc, but something guaranteed to get would seem like a better prize then a gacha, wich is unlikely to give you something good.

I gues if gachas been the rewards forawhile, but its physical guaranteed one of "exclusive items" versus some gachas wich may not even give you anything good.
    But whatever. Im not joining it, this is still unfair... I'll just be glad i participated in the days physical items were send to you regardless if you lived in NA or not.
  • DANIartsDANIarts

I'll go for digital ^^. And yes, mostly I am excited about trying the piece itself, what pose shall I do, what should I add in it, it just fills me with determination *o*!
    Thank you also!

I can't WAIT to see your piece! ♥ When I was doing the valentine's day one, i was gonna do valentine's mixed with a bit of Yandere. Since my character has a bit of a crazy side(Persona LMAO).
    But I didn't know how it'd work so i just went with her more "cute" and "innocent" side. If you happen to have a Persona with your character, if you'd like you can include me in the piece c: make her more scary looking at you or something(idk) lol but this is just me being like "if you want more characters in it, i'll happily let you include me" xD to help give you some kind of idea.
    MizukiHayama

Thank you also!

I can't WAIT to see your piece! ♥ When I was doing the valentine's day one, i was gonna do valentine's mixed with a bit of Yandere. Since my character has a bit of a crazy side(Persona LMAO).
    But I didn't know how it'd work so i just went with her more "cute" and "innocent" side. If you happen to have a Persona with your character, if you'd like you can include me in the piece c: make her more scary looking at you or something(idk) lol but this is just me being like "if you want more characters in it, i'll happily let you include me" xD to help give you some kind of idea.

Ooo, I will consider it ^^. At the moment I'm mostly going for my chara with my anju gem idea, cuz I love that slugger, it's too cute. But not really anything to go from there QwQ. Also don't have a persona for my Mabi chara, only 4 other main charas: Mizuki, Zuki, Miki and Mofu --which are all derived from Mizuki of course. Mofu was created as a pun- it's an abbreviation to Mountain of feathers which was given for my deviant art, so that for a while people would not know who i was (family and friends, wanted a clean start xD at the time)
    The name mountain of feathers is a rough translation of Mizuki's name Hayama being written with 2 kanjis:
    羽- Ha which translates to feather and 山 which is mountain THEREFORE the name.
    Hopefully I will be able to post a piece by the monday to come seeing as I have 4days off *n*. MUAHAHAHAHHA

(Fun fact: The anime "EF- A tale of memories features a girl named Hayama Mizuki which resembles my chara, having 2 ponytails and blonde hair. I took the name by someone on youtube once mentioning "I sound more like a Mizuki" and Hayama due to my once love for Akita Hayama of Kodomo no Omocha).

That was too long and unnecessary xD.
  • DANIartsDANIarts

Thank you also!

Ooo, I will consider it ^^. At the moment I'm mostly going for my chara with my anju gem idea, cuz I love that slugger, it's too cute. But not really anything to go from there QwQ. Also don't have a persona for my Mabi chara, only 4 other main charas: Mizuki, Zuki, Miki and Mofu --which are all derived from Mizuki of course. Mofu was created as a pun- it's an abbreviation to Mountain of feathers which was given for my deviant art, so that for a while people would not know who i was (family and friends, wanted a clean start xD at the time)
    The name mountain of feathers is a rough translation of Mizuki's name Hayama being written with 2 kanjis:
    羽- Ha which translates to feather and 山 which is mountain THEREFORE the name.
    Hopefully I will be able to post a piece by the monday to come seeing as I have 4days off *n*. MUAHAHAHAHHA

(Fun fact: The anime "EF- A tale of memories features a girl named Hayama Mizuki which resembles my chara, having 2 ponytails and blonde hair. I took the name by someone on youtube once mentioning "I sound more like a Mizuki" and Hayama due to my once love for Akita Hayama of Kodomo no Omocha).

That was too long and unnecessary xD.

xD that's good info lol.
    Either way, I hope to see the wonderful work you have done ^~^♥ If you get stuck on anything, I can always help SPEW out ideas for ya♥ lol I tend to come up with quite...uhh... odd? ideas that tend to sound fun. x'D
    MizukiHayama
    xD that's good info lol.
    Either way, I hope to see the wonderful work you have done ^~^♥ If you get stuck on anything, I can always help SPEW out ideas for ya♥ lol I tend to come up with quite...uhh... odd? ideas that tend to sound fun. x'D

Thank you again! You are very kind <3!

DANIarts
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    xD that's good info lol.

Thank you again! You are very kind <3!

Anytime! ^^ ♥
    MizukiHayama
  • pennybrendapennybrenda
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,780
    I am trying to make some mabinogi christmas digital art. and i hope it will look good. I even wanted to draw some of my friends in it. tho 1 friend of mine is being a *** now >:c, so iam not sure i should add him in it.

tho i hope we still have fun with this contest, and the NA people play fair or else its really no fun
    MizukiHayamaDANIarts
    I am trying to make some mabinogi christmas digital art. and i hope it will look good. I even wanted to draw some of my friends in it. tho 1 friend of mine is being a *** now >:c, so iam not sure i should add him in it.

tho i hope we still have fun with this contest, and the NA people play fair or else its really no fun

Will be looking forward to seeing it *o*!

(also I think you should add your friend also, hit that *** with the loves! xD)
    pennybrendaDANIarts
  • pennybrendapennybrenda
    edited November 29, 2017

then i will add him ^^.
    And you are really excited about other people's drawings arent ya? XD

but about my drawing style.. i dunno how to describe it.. i guess you could look on my devaintart page :P ( if you are curious, its not a must ;) ) ** iam not that good at drawing.. i think that about myself**

And i hope that all the people here have a good chance to win the prize. (EU People, because of a weird feeling that NA people are upto something e.e )
    DANIarts
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Kiruah wrote: »
    There was a time where physical rewards from contests didnt excluede european people!
    Thats why im so stubborn about this!
    Aswell, if you win wouldnt you rather have a guaranteed item? it could be from a gacha, etc, but something guaranteed to get would seem like a better prize then a gacha, wich is unlikely to give you something good.

I gues if gachas been the rewards forawhile, but its physical guaranteed one of "exclusive items" versus some gachas wich may not even give you anything good.
    But whatever. Im not joining it, this is still unfair... I'll just be glad i participated in the days physical items were send to you regardless if you lived in NA or not.

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into having a guaranteed item for future contests. As for the days where prizes could be sent out to European players, our legal team handles the rules for contests. Unfortunately, laws do change. This is the compromise we made to include all players from all regions. It's your choice if you want to participate or not but I do hope you at least understand why the contest was made this way.
    pennybrendaVaughanMizukiHayamaDANIarts

then i will add him ^^.

but about my drawing style.. i dunno how to describe it.. i guess you could look on my devaintart page :P ( if you are curious, its not a must ;) ) ** iam not that good at drawing.. i think that about myself**

And i hope that all the people here have a good chance to win the prize. (EU People, because of a weird feeling that NA people are upto something e.e )

What do you mean about the NA people o3o?
    And yes, I do like seeing people's art a bunch, especially them drawing their chara which I can only assume means a bunch to them, as my chara does to me ^^.
    DANIarts
  • pennybrendapennybrenda

then i will add him ^^.

What do you mean about the NA people o3o?
    And yes, I do like seeing people's art a bunch, especially them drawing their chara which I can only assume means a bunch to them, as my chara does to me ^^.

That they do something weird and win dubble prizes. And that the other regions have no chance to win . but only United States and Canada can win them.
    Like i said before , it's kinda mean that they can enter both contests with same drawing.
    (Even tho its same contest but different prizes, tho 1 is for United States and Canada only and the other one for all peeps. So they have like dubble the chance to win :c )
    DANIarts
  • LenariLenari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    Since the theme of the art is pretty vague, I suggest adding that all entries have to be created during the time of the contest if it has not already been stated. I'm sure some people will see the theme and toss some art they had done previously and it would still fit the guidelines.
    DANIartspennybrenda
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Lenari wrote: »
    Since the theme of the art is pretty vague, I suggest adding that all entries have to be created during the time of the contest if it has not already been stated. I'm sure some people will see the theme and toss some art they had done previously and it would still fit the guidelines.

I actually agree with this. Since it'd be the same as "using the same art over and over" 1.)it doesn't show your hard work in it. 2.)it's not fair, specially if the art won before or in the past. 3.)in case people forget that it has won in the past, may end up picking it again.

And this is why i did my recent artworks. Despite not having dates on them, they were VERY recent the minute i discovered about the contests.