Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Steampunk is going to be...

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    TheOthic wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

How edgy....

Sitting in silence is how we guarantee nothing gets done. With a server merge being entirely possible, pushing for it is a good thing. However, complaining about gacha doesn't really do anything if people keep buying them.

well lets agree to disagree then. this is where our opinions just aren't the same, but ill say what I told gaea if anything its admirable you people are this determined.
    Approaching r/iamverysmart content.

I'm happy we're most likely going to be getting the steampunk stuff but what I want in general is more weapon app scrolls. It's nice starting to see some variety in the weapons people use.
    TheOthic
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    I want to know what causes the 4 exhaust pipe hydra skin
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Do you know of any 3D artists willing to fork over their work for free? Are you willing to do it? No? Why not? You seemingly expect Nexon to find droves of such people to do exactly that (what makes your work so special?). How dare them make money from the thousands of dollars they invested in such efforts. Right? :expressionless:

I seriously doubt that Nexon Korea pays their model artists a commission based on how many gachas get sold with their works in it, if that is what you are implying. Even if they did, the outfit bag model worked well enough when paired with rarer outfits being in gachas and seemed to generate enough revenue to fund generation quests yearly (or more often) back when they did it.
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Approaching r/iamverysmart content.

Pfffffffffffft.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Gaea updated the first post with what I assume every piece of equipment, I see no cylinder

Judging from the hydra reskin picture I think it works like the imperial cosmic outfits with raincast ( makes it a colorful storm ) or a maybe its 2nd, but im still leaning more on a non weapon equipment

img
    pawcalypse
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited November 30, 2017
    Steampunk gacha is out and look what titles they brought back
    f7oHW2l.png
    yes its from the outfit
    rcnRFYM.png
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Darn, it is in a Gachapon. I am quite disappointed, Nexon. I guess you could say this really grinds my gears, huh? :'(
    VeylainepawcalypseSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 30, 2017
    There are so many items i would like to have, but since they are all in gachas i'll just nope away and feel sad.
    pawcalypseSheenaSherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I would've preferred an Outfit Bag, to be sure.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I'd definitely have bought a shopping bag. now it depends on the drop rates wether I spend money on it. sooo... anyone kind enough to post their hauls?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    I'd definitely have bought a shopping bag. now it depends on the drop rates wether I spend money on it. sooo... anyone kind enough to post their hauls?
    You'll have to wait until it's officially released in North America (if and when that ever happens). :smirk:

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J7x

Still talking about Steampunk, right?
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 30, 2017
    Right, because "nothing released in Gachapon ever makes it to the player-market for Gold"..... ~ :expressionless:

It's not because it never makes to player markets, it's because players tend to overprice things especially when they are on high demand AND rare. I'm not planning to waste like 20m+ for a pile of cute pixels.
    Sherri
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited November 30, 2017
    Darn, it is in a Gachapon. I am quite disappointed, Nexon. I guess you could say this really grinds my gears, huh? :'(

That was entirely for the pun, wasn't it?
    nevyn25 wrote: »

Bought two stacks. ($15 each) Got some enchants. Transformation medal of Unknown Apostle. Two weapon skins. Blue Aeronaught wings. Lots of R1 Adonis items. (Wonder if they'll ever do a bohemian equivalent of this?) Lots of R1 Tara items. People are buying up the former two to try and go on reforge sprees. Couple training potions.

No dress, but... as far as the drops go, not complaining,. a fairly good haul and I've already made a couple mil selling a few of the "trash" prizes.
    nevyn25pawcalypseBlissfulkill
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Policroma wrote: »

That was entirely for the pun, wasn't it?

I think its nice way to let off some steam
    pawcalypseBlissfulkillSherri
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Trythis wrote: »
    Gaea updated the first post with what I assume every piece of equipment, I see no cylinder

Judging from the hydra reskin picture I think it works like the imperial cosmic outfits with raincast ( makes it a colorful storm ) or a maybe its 2nd, but im still leaning more on a non weapon equipment

img
    Greta wrote: »
    There are so many items i would like to have, but since they are all in gachas i'll just nope away and feel sad.

I want that hydra reskin, and will nope away and feel sad as well knowing that the probability of obtaining them is not impossible but not cheap, literally and in-game.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited November 30, 2017
    I didn't say anything about commissions drawn directly from (or strictly from, or only from) gachapon. ~ Don't sit there and pretend they should (or ever would) not attempt to make a profit from their investments, or pretend they have droves of 3D artists lined up to provide them with never-ending free art and no intentions of ever making money from it. You can't seriously be that slow. Can you? What other method does Nexon have to reap a profit from their investment (aside from the seemingly worthless VIP service that's literally falling apart?).. ~ How do you suggest they make a profit from their investment if not from gachapon?

Here's a good start.
    They managed well enough in the past with outfit bag sales coupled with gacha-exclusives. Fun suggestion: make the hydra skin set and hat+wig combos gacha exclusive and the 'normal' set an outfit bag. Or maybe make an entirely different looking set of fashion to be put in gacha that 'looks better.' This isn't hard to make or do when Korea is seemingly pumping out outfits three times a month.
    ~ Have you ever designed a 3D model?

You're trying to take a high road that does not exist. I've done some model making and know it's hard, but that doesn't excuse the current marketing method they are using when something else worked perfectly fine in the past.
    EDIT-I love putting the word NOT when I meant IS-
    SebastianCrimsọnVaughanTrythisLostLinks[Deleted User]IyasenuTheNyanCatHellkaizerSherriand 1 other.
  • TrythisTrythis
    edited November 30, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I didn't say anything about commissions drawn directly from (or strictly from, or only from) gachapon. ~ Don't sit there and pretend they should (or ever would) not attempt to make a profit from their investments, or pretend they have droves of 3D artists lined up to provide them with never-ending free art and no intentions of ever making money from it. You can't seriously be that slow. Can you? What other method does Nexon have to reap a profit from their investment (aside from the seemingly worthless VIP service that's literally falling apart?).. ~ How do you suggest they make a profit from their investment if not from gachapon?

Here's a good start.
    They managed well enough in the past with outfit bag sales coupled with gacha-exclusives. Fun suggestion: make the hydra skin set and hat+wig combos gacha exclusive and the 'normal' set an outfit bag. Or maybe make an entirely different looking set of fashion to be put in gacha that 'looks better.' This isn't hard to make or do when Korea is seemingly pumping out outfits three times a month.
    ~ Have you ever designed a 3D model?

You're trying to take a high road that does not exist. I've done some model making and know it's hard, but that doesn't excuse the current marketing method they are using when something else worked perfectly fine in the past.
    EDIT-I love putting the word NOT when I meant IS-

That idea would be nice. jim ( he has tons more videos on how companies want to make as profit as possible with little effort ) explains a trend through some companies is they cater mostly to if not exclusively to whales.

Now im not saying what nexons intentions are im just guessing, if you had to choose between outfitbags or gachas which would net you more money, the gachas would. Its become certain they plan to implement less or stagnant outfitbags .

So its easier to cater to JUST whales and dolphins than whales dolphins and low spenders.

I mean there HAS to be some reason why they choose more and more gacha, if outfitbags used to be great financial stability so the reason MAY not be that its just enough and they MIGHT want more than enough. none the less there must be a reason why they might think just gachas make more money than gachas released alongside with outfitbags.

Maybe the lower population has made them more dependant on whales, I guess compared games like MS ( maple story ) mabi has been on the backburner MAYBE. Theres a lot of factors that I probably missed as to why they shifted more and more gachas but what MIGHT be certain it still boils down to profit over revenue
    [Deleted User]VeylaineTheOthic
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Did 18 got

Fallen fairy female, 2 pairs of wings, appearence scroll, Steam punk monocle.
    Kokoro
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited November 30, 2017
    ~ I'm still waiting for your better idea. ~ How do you propose they wager a profit from their investment? How do you propose they profit without resulting in tons of whining brats being upset because they dare tried.
    If they just went the full 100% outfit bag route there'd be no need for people whining. Charge 10 bucks a bag and they'd fly off the shelves like they did in the old days, as money whales sell sets to the gold players. If you wanted to maximize, you could go the route I suggested in my prior post and do bags and some gacha exclusives, but that would require you to actually read.
    ~ and how many works of 3D art have you donated in the name of good business (or to keep an MMO afloat on little to no existing budget)?
    In no world is this question related at all to the subject of "Nexon Korea needs to stop putting everything in gacha!!!"
    To answer you stupid question, none because my work is in no way up to par to what actual artists can do with sculpting software.
    You're avoiding everything I said to present me with a logical fallacy. Do you expect them to add these items to the drop tables; to be obtained from high level mobs; and the team who made them can go fly a kite in terms of making any sort of profit from their work?
    No. In case you didn't read my post from before, here's a snipet quote that answers your question:
    Buffalos wrote:
    Fun suggestion: make the hydra skin set and hat+wig combos gacha exclusive and the 'normal' set an outfit bag. Or maybe make an entirely different looking set of fashion to be put in gacha that 'looks better.'
    When I asked if you've ever created a 3D model; I was only referring to having an understanding of the work involved and equally understanding why no one in their right mind does this type of thing for free. ~ Free to Play does not mean Free to Develop or Free to Maintain;
    In case you forgot, outfit bags costed Nx to buy just like gacha. The only difference is that they costed ten times what a gacha does for one set, and when you consider people who bought ten of them at a time to sell for gold you can see it being an okayish way to generate funds.
    And with how Korea has been putting extreme power creep exclusively in gacha, there will still be plenty of whales to buy into the fun gacha game.
    and Mabinogi Ambassador doesn't mean "I know everything there is to know about the gaming development industry". ~
    Never claimed it did. Just pointing out the things that worked well outwardly in the past.
    Now im not saying what nexons intentions are im just guessing, if you had to choose between outfitbags or gachas which would net you more money, the gachas would. Its become certain they plan to implement less or stagnant outfitbags .
    En9ik44.jpg
    With how often they push out new outfits, I don't see much reason other than "MAXIMIZE ALL THE MONEY BECAUSE WE CAN" to at least not do outfit bags every now and then. It's a company, and I understand that profits are always to be considered, but you'd expect at least a little consumer input in a company as big as Nexon Korea, ya know?

LostLinksShouKVeylaineNegumikopawcalypseIyasenuHellkaizerSherriVaughanHazurah
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    @Buffalos ~ I'm still waiting for your better idea. ~ How do you propose they wager a profit from their investment? How do you propose they profit without resulting in tons of whining brats being upset because they dare tried. ~ and how many works of 3D art have you donated in the name of good business (or to keep an MMO afloat on little to no existing budget)? You're avoiding everything I said to present me with a logical fallacy. Do you expect them to add these items to the drop tables; to be obtained from high level mobs; and the team who made them can go fly a kite in terms of making any sort of profit from their work? When I asked if you've ever created a 3D model; I was only referring to having an understanding of the work involved and equally understanding why no one in their right mind does this type of thing for free. ~ Free to Play does not mean Free to Develop or Free to Maintain; and Mabinogi Ambassador doesn't mean "I know everything there is to know about the gaming development industry". ~

My dood I get a where you're coming from but you have to admit the gacha has gotten ridiculous. No ones asking to get it for free, just a reasonable amount. You know a sure amount that doesn't have a chance to be from $1.50 to $300. Plus I'm guessing the 3D artists that make these things probably have salaries so they're not getting more or less whether a gacha sells well. You're absolutely right though, mabi and nexon are no nonprofit. Their ultimate goal is to make money. That being said milking a game till it dies isn't the best long-term strategy. Even long time players are being dissuaded from continuing to play because of this. These people aren't "whining brats" they're concerned players.

On a side note since gacha will probably never disappear, what if for every, lets say, ten gacha your bought you get a ticket to pick an item from the list. That way its a little more affordable to get that one item you want from the list. I've seen other mmos do this or at least something similar.
  • TrythisTrythis
    edited November 30, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    With how often they push out new outfits, I don't see much reason other than "MAXIMIZE ALL THE MONEY BECAUSE WE CAN" to at least not do outfit bags every now and then. It's a company, and I understand that profits are always to be considered, but you'd expect at least a little consumer input in a company as big as Nexon Korea, ya know?

I mean there HAS to be some reason why they choose more and more gacha, if outfitbags used to be great financial stability so the reason MAY not be that its just enough and they MIGHT want more than enough. none the less there must be a reason why they might think just gachas make more money than gachas released alongside with outfitbags.
    MAYBE they just want nothing but maximized profit with little effort also there has be a reason for this otherwise they wouldn't be doing it is where im getting at.
    BuffalosVeylaineTheOthicpawcalypseHazurah