Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Magic Craft Dan 1 - Dan 3

WubbykittyWubbykitty
Mabinogi Rep: 850
edited December 1, 2017 in Help
I just got Magic Craft to Rank 1 and I was wondering what changes when I increase in Dan ranks. Does it give me a higher success rate? The wiki has question marks for the Dan ranks so I was afraid to rank it further.

Comments

• xOtakuxOtaku
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    S rank twice for dan 2
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    If you click the skill you will see the requirements in the dan section. As mentioned already you need to pass a S rank for two exams to advance to Dan 2.
  • WubbykittyWubbykitty
    bump
  • WubbykittyWubbykitty
    bump
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited December 2, 2017
    No better success rates for normal rF ~ r1 items.
    But for the recipes you learn at Dan 1, their success rates get better with Dan 2 and Dan 3.

i.e. Eweca Red Upgrade Stones are 45% at r1, but they'll still be 45% at Dan 3. Same for all other pre-Dan craftable items.
    But Ancient Four-Leaf Clover, one of the recipes you learn at Dan 1, is 80% at Dan 1, but 95% at Dan 3.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I'm dying of laughter. The only one to ACTUALLY answer OP's question is @Iyasenu
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    edited December 5, 2017
    I believe the quality (or range thereof) increases at higher Dan ranks. I've made signed Oak Wands while training for Dan 2 and 3 which never happened before.

Edit: On second thought, the quality increase I've experienced could just as well have been the result of using the master title amplified by the Dan title. I don't have a proper comparison between r1 with amplified Master title and Dan1+ with the same titles (or both ranks without using the titles), so consider the above pure speculation.
    Leilicia wrote: »
    I'm dying of laughter. The only one to ACTUALLY answer OP's question is @Iyasenu

OP was edited long after the first responses; perhaps the question was different or less clearly stated before.
    Leilicia