Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Called it.

Comments

• RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited December 6, 2017
    Ena wrote: »
    no element reforg? then it is sux
    Elemental reforges don't work against some of the newest/strongest stuff anyways, like Girg, Phantasm, Sidhe, etc.

i will go for luck enhance over max damage enhance. more luck u have the good thing will happen. only few ppl know what good for high luck
    Luck will add damage for Chain skills but won't add damage for Melee, Fighter, etc. Meanwhile if you enchant for damage, it adds damage to all the non-magic skillsets, which is one of the reasons damage enchants are preferred over stat enchants in most cases.

Leilicia wrote: »
    The one thing I forgot to do was gather the mats for it. How will everyone get one if they didn't get mats to craft one? Will there be an event that gives you one or?
    The only special material needed for crafting chain weapons is for the celtic one, and that one needs drops that we don't even have in NA yet, so lots of people will be scrambling for them when the update hits, one way or another.

The other two chainblades that are smithable just use ingots/leathers/braids.
    Leiliciapawcalypse
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Veylaine wrote: »

Also I dont think giants will be too far off I heard that chain blade could get boosted by might of ladeca

Really? If it does do giants get the full 15% boost?

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Trythis wrote: »

Also I dont think giants will be too far off I heard that chain blade could get boosted by might of ladeca

Yes, but they dex they lack makes it only okay with this skill.
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Trythis wrote: »

I believe the initial update didn't have it working but then KR patched later and it did work for chain slash.

The lack of dex on the giant means missing out on more than 15% base damage without other damage sources.
    Even assuming R1 skills and things like...
    +20 max from Chain Blade Mastery, +101 max from an upgraded cutthroat chain blade, and +75 from enchants...
    You'd need a lot of various flat bonuses on the giant to make up for the differences.
    Trythis
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    I usually hunt for Joy, Fixed, Advantage, and Magical enchants which are rare but not uncommon; most of them are dropped by field bosses and common field monsters. If you happen to have had the Red Panda enchant from the very last Animal Dungeon event from years ago, save it even if it's expired. Of course there is the Thief enchant that tends to get overlooked and are fairly cheap.
    All of those I have a small gathering of and some I have successfully enchanted ranging near the highest stat to the maximum stat bonus.
    There are also other enchants that are higher in rank and are even rarer still. The Diligent enchant is so far the best in my collection although I still need to get other enchants before it since it is rank 5.
    So far my favorite title to equip is Wonderland which gives +30 LUCK along with the enchants, I can reach around ~100 to ~230 LUCK all in all, depending on the level also.

Not to burst your bubble on the luck set up, but 200 luck gives you like... 55 extra max damage. While yes that is a pretty big amount a solo backbreaking set of gloves gives almost that by itself. I guess this also means solo enchant is BiS for chain because it gives 25 luck and 10 max.

66 max damage actually. Damage rates from stats are 2.5 dex and 3 luck from what I know.
    Although, going for a luck or pure damage boost really depends on one's funding and overall desires.
    But as far as Chain Slash titles go, Sniper Title is one of the best ones. 50 Dex translates to 25 max attack.

The weapons also reach really high damage amounts despite being dual stat, with Celtic going above 100 max.
    Combine such with the rather high damage rates of the skills, and you have a heavy hitting talent.

The data dump says 3/4 luck for one max, so I used 3.5 just for arguments sake. But sniper will be best in terms of damage for chains by a large margin.

I would really like to know how the damage is calculated overall with DEX and LUCK stat. If shifting to DEX would be better vs shifting to LUCK instead. Is there an equalibrium of the two stat if one is less or more.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Nilrem wrote: »
    I usually hunt for Joy, Fixed, Advantage, and Magical enchants which are rare but not uncommon; most of them are dropped by field bosses and common field monsters. If you happen to have had the Red Panda enchant from the very last Animal Dungeon event from years ago, save it even if it's expired. Of course there is the Thief enchant that tends to get overlooked and are fairly cheap.
    All of those I have a small gathering of and some I have successfully enchanted ranging near the highest stat to the maximum stat bonus.
    There are also other enchants that are higher in rank and are even rarer still. The Diligent enchant is so far the best in my collection although I still need to get other enchants before it since it is rank 5.
    So far my favorite title to equip is Wonderland which gives +30 LUCK along with the enchants, I can reach around ~100 to ~230 LUCK all in all, depending on the level also.

Not to burst your bubble on the luck set up, but 200 luck gives you like... 55 extra max damage. While yes that is a pretty big amount a solo backbreaking set of gloves gives almost that by itself. I guess this also means solo enchant is BiS for chain because it gives 25 luck and 10 max.

66 max damage actually. Damage rates from stats are 2.5 dex and 3 luck from what I know.
    Although, going for a luck or pure damage boost really depends on one's funding and overall desires.
    But as far as Chain Slash titles go, Sniper Title is one of the best ones. 50 Dex translates to 25 max attack.

The weapons also reach really high damage amounts despite being dual stat, with Celtic going above 100 max.
    Combine such with the rather high damage rates of the skills, and you have a heavy hitting talent.

The data dump says 3/4 luck for one max, so I used 3.5 just for arguments sake. But sniper will be best in terms of damage for chains by a large margin.

I would really like to know how the damage is calculated overall with DEX and LUCK stat. If shifting to DEX would be better vs shifting to LUCK instead. Is there an equalibrium of the two stat if one is less or more.
    uh... No? Dex gives more max than luck does though to be entirely honest I don't know why you're aiming for stat boosting enchants when in the end you're going to hit cap dex after catering making those enchants useless. Max damage will be better because then you can use the gear set with other weapons too.
    pawcalypse
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    max damage is way better to go for with enchants... unless you wanna make separate gear for each talent and that's just mehhh :c
    Veylaine
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705

Im sure you were joking but just in case anyone thinks otherwise
    chain can be pretty strong on its own

he does 2k damage form support shot alone
    can u guess how much normal atk he has?
    with that damage any weapon is overkill
  • EnaEna
    see the clip and i am very jelly for elf. dex is low cp but high in damage and soon it have use in close and medium range combat. wth, how much dev cat love elf? boo
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited December 6, 2017

Im sure you were joking but just in case anyone thinks otherwise
    chain can be pretty strong on its own

he does 2k damage form support shot alone
    can u guess how much normal atk he has?
    with that damage any weapon is overkill

I think you just disproved your first point if super high damage makes any weapon overkill then "if it doesnt have ele it sux" is not valid hey even having HALF that guys damage is still pretty good. Looks like he used overture and probably an attack pot or bone chip so that may be why thier ss is strong but like I said just half that damage is still very good
  • EnaEna
    i am really sure if u use lance smash with support short the result is far better and if put up smash reforg+element it massive.
  • EnaEna
    edited December 6, 2017
    my damage 450-740 bow and i hit fox with ss for average 500 damage. he hit the boss ,and i am not sure that boss have passive reduce damage or not, ss with 4time as much as i do. that exceed 50%battle song+bone chip for me. i cant imagine how that can that possible, but look 4time damage more than usual. so whip damage get divide by 4 form the clip. whip sux
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited December 7, 2017
    i am really sure if u use lance smash with support short the result is far better and if put up smash reforg+element it massive.

Unless u have double or triple ele reforges single ele reforges can actually output less if the mob ur hitting is the same/resistant element as ur weapon's reforge. It works like the elemental enchants boost but w/ scaled percentages.

I don't reccomend ele reforges on lances unless ur lucky 2 roll capped double/triple ele &/Or smash/wm. Plus ele reforges...they become useless in newer meta contents.

• HellkaizerHellkaizer

I'm not sure what stage of the game you're at but this just isn't true at all. You're not very endgame because you're assuming ele reforge is the best when it doesn't even work on the harder content. Shadow wizard isn't endgame. Also 740 max damage with bone chip and a 50% overture is very low, I don't even have any archery skills ranked and naked with an un upgraded highlander long bow I have 500 max. I don't think you understand how the damage formula works, and I'm not trying to be rude here either but assuming he had master of support shot that crit would still be for ~200k.
    Nilrem
  • EnaEna
    edited December 7, 2017
    chill man! my dex 1400 and am not GM archer yet that 450-750 bow that i am naked and the bow is half build ego.
    i havnt done any buff song or bone or title or whateva but i could assume the average. true is i am prefer doing crafting thing more than kill
    i am not really care what end game is but if someone with good analysis skill watch that clip there some thing out of the curve, maybe there new buff or that acc for more music buff idk and idc, i just have fun with game i have, but whip sux XD

2.5k normal hit with whip i couldnt say it normal.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    chill man! my dex 1400 and am not GM archer yet that 450-750 bow that i am naked and the bow is half build ego.
    i havnt done any buff song or bone or title or whateva but i could assume the average. true is i am prefer doing crafting thing more than kill
    i am not really care what end game is but if someone with good analysis skill watch that clip there some thing out of the curve, maybe there new buff or that acc for more music buff idk and idc, i just have fun with game i have, but whip sux XD

Is your support shot rank F? How are you only hitting 500 with support shot with 1400 dex? On the community stream, with a horrible weapon the GM crit 15k with chain impale at 1100 dex, and I think 150 luck. Just adding on chain burst and death marker you're looking at ~23k crit. Find me a lance that can smash 23k, with no other skills used outside of melee with a basic npc wooden lance, at 1100 str. I'm honestly not sure why you're saying chains are going to suck, they're close to beating out magnum spam and final hit in terms of damage.
  • EnaEna
    edited December 7, 2017
    according to mabi wiki "The damage inflicted by support shot is 80% of a normal shot"
    therefore 2000damage by actual ss that mean 2500 normal shot and possibly 2750-3000max bow damage that could possible make. Could u possibly get that high? and i really see some one smash over 150k after ss and i dont want to talk about it coz it might lead to something misunderstanding. friend, 2500-3000 normal damage make every thing is deadly, dont u see the point?
  • PHENGISKOOLPHENGISKOOL
    Mabinogi Rep: 360

Is your support shot rank F? How are you only hitting 500 with support shot with 1400 dex? On the community stream, with a horrible weapon the GM crit 15k with chain impale at 1100 dex, and I think 150 luck. Just adding on chain burst and death marker you're looking at ~23k crit. Find me a lance that can smash 23k, with no other skills used outside of melee with a basic npc wooden lance, at 1100 str. I'm honestly not sure why you're saying chains are going to suck, they're close to beating out magnum spam and final hit in terms of damage.
    Support shot so broken!

• EnaEna
    ! i try not to mention about lance charg and here we have. if it is nerf i am sry ppl. it is not my fault
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    ! i try not to mention about lance charg and here we have. if it is nerf i am sry ppl. it is not my fault

Why would there ever be a nerf when it's been like that for years and is literally nothing new