Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon Launcher Broken

KoueAntwoordsKoueAntwoords
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Technical Support
So, the issue I'm having is when I log into the launcher, it doesn't open. When I right-click the icon on the tool bar, it doesn't show my games or allow me to go to "all games" or any option for that matter. It isn't even registering as a running program in Task Manager. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and am having the same issue.

Comments

• daenidaeni
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Same here, not sure what's going on. Had it update yesterday after maint fine, Then when i logged in then shut it down, i tried to login it again it hiccuped then i got a windows error message where it sent info to them about it.
    Now i can't get it to work, it's locked onto the loading screen. Did get it to open once this morning using nexon updater but now not working at all. And yes reinstalled it twice. using windows 10 64 bit. It did work fine before the maint yesterday.
  • MabskmkMabskmk
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    It's giving this message for me
    Aqn5jtp.png
  • AlymereAlymere
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Ditto. Started last night (Dec 6) and has continued to today. Have tried reinstalling multiple times, restarting computer, closing firewall, etc. Just gets stuck with the "Loading Nexon Launcher..." screen. Not sure if relevant but in the Task Manager nexon_runtime.exe Memory usage seems to stop at about 30,000 K.
    daeni
  • daenidaeni
    Ditto, closed the window after it was struck there for over 20 minutes. I really wish they'd stopped breaking their launcher. :/
    This is twice in two months that i have had issues in quite a while. since they went to a full launcher play method. after all this i think i preferred the play button option better.
  • catharborcatharbor
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    Launcher just spins; uninstalled, reinstalled, it spins for a short while, then it changes my entire screen resolution, and it still won't load mabi. Help?
    sos123456
  • foxkidfoxkid
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    omg im having the same issue when i try to get on today. i even try to uninstall it n reinstalling it as well but nope didnt work or fix anything at all. It jus keep on loading for more then a few sec n soo on and sadly enough it jus happen today rite after they did the maintenance. it just keep on staying in the loading screen n when i close it n try to reopen it again it just come up all black screen, u'll see the pixer of wat i mean down below. i try sending a ticket to them n try everything they told me of wat to do but yea still doesnt work. this is wat im going through as well as u guys.

DQg6PpKWsAAtaH_.jpg

DQg6YvZW4AE3zq4.jpg
  • daenidaeni
    Yeah this is what my game is doing. The perpetual loading.
  • catharborcatharbor
    No response from Nexon support - please, does anyone have a fix?
  • catharborcatharbor
    foxkid, what did Nexon tell you to do?
  • foxkidfoxkid
    edited December 8, 2017
    catharbor wrote: »
    foxkid, what did Nexon tell you to do?
    well i dont kno if this will help anyone of us here but hopefully it will help some how but here u go i just got a responds bac from the GM.

GM Qilltana

Hello Milletian,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

Thank you for the screenshots. Sorry to hear the previous steps did not worked. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing you. I know this problem is very frustrating at your part but don’t worry, we will work toward fixing this situation for you. Please try the following options to fix the launcher:

Option 1:
    Re-download and reinstall the Nexon launcher. Link

Option 2:
    Reinstall the launcher in another folder.

Option 3:
    When the launcher is stuck in loading, end task it in the task manager. Then relaunch it again.

Option 4:
    Change the shortcut path of the launcher by right clicking the shortcut and changing the target from nexon_launcher.exe to nexon_runtime.exe

I hope this helps! Please do reply if one of the option has solved your problem, so we know you’re all squared.

GM Qilltana
    Nexon America Inc.
  • foxkidfoxkid
    edited December 8, 2017
    i did option 1-3 didnt not work wat soo every..
    but when i did Option 4 it works for me :D

Option 4:
    Change the shortcut path of the launcher by right clicking the shortcut and changing the target from nexon_launcher.exe to nexon_runtime.exe
  • MabskmkMabskmk
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    I dont remember what was that but its working now.
    Here's the list of things I did:
    -Disable the firewall
    -Put down the security settings
    -Open the launcher/updater/runtime as admin
  • daenidaeni
    edited December 9, 2017
    Did step 4 as well. Seems to work now, but I did this the first day after maint. Remembered this fix after they added renewal i think.
    Worked once until I closed the game launcher. It was afterwards I had trouble so I'll keep you posted after I log back off again. Not really convenient to keep it running all the time.
    Was playing through my Steam Acct. since it was unaffected.
  • catharborcatharbor
    I also found from a friend that he uninstalled all of Mabi, reinstalled through Steam and is using the Steam launcher which works.
    Negumiko
  • daenidaeni
    Well as long as you use the run-around through the nexon_runtime.exe and don't use the actual nexon_launcher.exe file, all is good. If you try or accidentally use the launcher shortcut it will spin again doing nothing... I guess it's a fix for now.
  • LoreynaLoreyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 870
    edited December 9, 2017
    I tried steps 1 through 4 and the launcher still isn't running.

Things got a bit dicey actually. I tried uninstalling the launcher and re-installing, and the set-up wouldn't even run! So I tried running an older set-up from a flash drive. Still no luck.

I also tried the re-naming, but it didn't run.

Steam launcher doesn't seem to be working either.

Would putting a ticket in even matter at this point?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I also found from a friend that he uninstalled all of Mabi, reinstalled through Steam and is using the Steam launcher which works.

Steam Launcher is a much better option and often works much better then Nexon Launcher. I have used both launchers and there have been many times when Nexon Launcher would have problems playing mabi and the Steam Launcher would be working perfectly. the only real downside with the Steam Launcher is you can only use one account and it only works for players in the US.
    daeni
  • catharborcatharbor
    Negumiko, what do you mean that the Steam launcher only works with one account? Doesn't it log into an account depending on the login/password you use? So if I and a friend are sharing the same computer, he can use the computer with his login/password, and then I can use the computer and log into Mabi with my login/password. Is that not so?
  • catharborcatharbor
    Information I found from the Steam Community, "open up the steam folder in your program files and find the mabi launcher. you can run it without opening steam. If you run mabi this way it will ask you your user name so you can access your other accounts easily. good luck" (Quivermonkey, 2013, Steam Community, https://steamcommunity.com/app/212200/discussions/0/846939854185581066/)
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Information I found from the Steam Community, "open up the steam folder in your program files and find the mabi launcher. you can run it without opening steam. If you run mabi this way it will ask you your user name so you can access your other accounts easily. good luck" (Quivermonkey, 2013, Steam Community, https://steamcommunity.com/app/212200/discussions/0/846939854185581066/)

that might have worked in the past but in March 2017 mabi took down their direct launch and made some modifications to the steam mabi. it is no longer possible to login that way since the direct launcher no longer works.
    Negumiko, what do you mean that the Steam launcher only works with one account? Doesn't it log into an account depending on the login/password you use? So if I and a friend are sharing the same computer, he can use the computer with his login/password, and then I can use the computer and log into Mabi with my login/password. Is that not so?

if your friend wants to use steam launcher on the same computer it might work if he has his own steam account. when you play mabi through steam you only have to enter your username/email and password once and after that it just loads your game and all you need to enter is your second password since steam remembers the rest. this actually makes logging in quick and easy, sadly it means you can only play with one account though. some might think steam remembering your email and first password to login might be a bad thing but I trust steam completely and have been using steam to play mabi for over 4 years without ever being hacked.