Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Called it.

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    3e6.png
    Veylainepawcalypse
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's because death mark makes them take 20% more, and chain burst gives you 30% more damage.
    Guess we can find out for sure once its out
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Trythis wrote: »
    cant find any info on that did they say it in the stream?

DnfB5Ze.png
    Trythis
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 9, 2017
    Beryl wrote: »

DnfB5Ze.png

Judgement Blade Damage -20%??? WHAT THE ACTUAL &$#*@#%!?!?!? THIS IS WORST!
    What Chain Blade Mastery has to do with Judgement Blade skill????? I don't understand....???

Guess i won't be ranking Chain talent then.
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    "When Chain Blade is equipped".

If for some bizarre reason it applies when equipped with anything else, you'd better never equip a Chain Blade as the nerf is 20% for all ranks, including Novice (which you get by equipping the weapon).
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Greta wrote: »
    Beryl wrote: »

DnfB5Ze.png

What Chain Blade Mastery has to do with Judgement Blade skill????? I don't understand....???

i think its cause the chain skills them self's involve using dark demonic magic. wich is what he actual crusader skills actually are made to fight agenst.

im sure the 20% damage reduction only applys when u have a chain in your hand anyway

i my self quite like the idea. makes the game feel more alive like back in the day
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited December 9, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Ena ~ I don't care about your grammar or your gramma. :smirk:
    Ena wrote: »
    my dex 1400
    Prove it. :trollface:

It's quite easy actually. I have 1300 dex now naked with +15 dex title, lvl 74/22 on adventurer talent, also no echostone since mine expired
    Just be on archer talent, get to decent levels, have echostone on, have sniper title and that's enough for 1400
    Also there's always pet divine link
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    lceCream wrote: »
    my dex 1400

It's quite easy actually. I have 1300 dex now naked with +15 dex title, lvl 74/22 on adventurer talent, also no echostone since mine expired
    Just be on archer talent, get to decent levels, have echostone on, have sniper title and that's enough for 1400

Sounds believable, but Ena's claim appeared to be "natural" 1400 dex.
    As in nonboosted, claiming to not even have grandmaster archer yet.
    Along with suspiciously low damage output for such high dex.
    Thats why I had such a desire for proof. Without proof, such discussion was going nowhere.

Also not sure about others, but I've never counted Divine Link when figuring stats.
    I guess I just prefer to see how stats can go before such boosts.
    Since just about anyone at mid to endgame these days seems to have a level 200 link.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited December 9, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    my dex 1400

Thats why I had such a desire for proof. Without proof, such discussion was going nowhere.

Also not sure about others, but I've never counted Divine Link when figuring stats.
    Since just about anyone at mid to endgame these days seems to have a level 200 link.

When people tell me they have 1400 dex I'm assuming they didn't go all out and buff themselves especially when saying they're naked. 1400 natural dex I'm pretty sure isn't possible, getting there isn't too hard but still... Claiming to have 1400 dex, then saying your support shot only hits 500 on foxes that's a bit "out there". I only have 800 dex and my support shot at rank f almost hits that
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh, that's what that one variable was that was 20 at all ranks of Chain Blade Mastery.
    Neato, I totally missed that part during the stream.

Oh well, just means you should stick to other weapons when using Judgment Blade.
    NilremVeylainepawcalypse
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited December 9, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    my dex 1400

When people tell me they have 1400 dex I'm assuming they didn't go all out and buff themselves especially when saying they're naked. 1400 natural dex I'm pretty sure isn't possible, getting there isn't too hard but still... Claiming to have 1400 dex, then saying your support shot only hits 500 on foxes that's a bit "out there". I only have 800 dex and my support shot at rank f almost hits that
    Ena said she has almost all r1 and grandmasters. It's natural to have 1400 dex. The only part that's weird is she claims she doesn't have archer gm which gives +35 dex. That might be because of the Alban Knights Emblem (lvl 5 gives 25 dex) which I don't have

Right now I'm 87/22 naked, no titles, nearly maxed out dex (missing 5 dex from gm) and dex is 1297. That's with adventurer talent which gives no dex at all.
    Talent Title: Archer
    Base Stat Bonus:
    +5 Health
    +5 Stamina
    +10 Dexterity
    Leveling Stat Bonus:
    +0.5 Dexterity
    Aging Stat Bonus:
    +1 Stamina
    +2 Dexterity

Archery talent gives like 50+ dex at lvl 100
    My echostone(expired) has 51 dex
    Easily 1300+50+50 ~ 1400 natural dex

Did some testing with r1 support shot w/ clean llb
    Stats: 399-612, 1297 dex

Ends up doing ~450 damage on foxes, 489 was my highest
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 9, 2017
    Freaking elitists, acting like stats are everything... Dex is crap anyway, Str is bae. :trollface:
    pawcalypse
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Just throwing this out there, but I don't think support shot's damage is influenced by its rank anyway. I believe its multiplier is always 80%. What changes during skill ranks is by what percentage the next melee attack is boosted.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there, but I don't think support shot's damage is influenced by its rank anyway. I believe its multiplier is always 80%. What changes during skill ranks is by what percentage the next melee attack is boosted.

That would explain it. And I'm fully open to being wrong too. But when the person in debate is basically just covering their ears and going BLAH BLAH BLAH and even being insulting it's hard to take anything they say at face value. Assuming I am wrong about the dex/ support shot debate, trying to base chain blade damage off support shot is pretty silly. A lot of the KR player base uses chains, if it was worse than an ele lance no one would use them.
    Greta wrote: »

Not sure if this is serious or not, just switch weapons?

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I'm okay with da nerf. JB with Lance is still da meta nywayz. :*
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Reading people saying that chain slash talent deals high damage really made me regret that I’m dumping my precious AP into magic skills to boost my intelligence to be able to OHKO with guns. Should’ve used it on dex skills.. can’t reset coz I’m in the process to master certain skills..
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Felt the need to respond since so many people in this thread believe it's not possible to get 1400 dex naked without GM archer. Note that the character was leveled from 1/1 to 200/50 at age 18 on close combat talent, thus only a dex gain of .5 per level, and her dex currently caps at 1718 with shine of eweca's bonus when using a cater to reach the normal 1500 cap before adding in shine's boost (this can reach 1800 on an elf if you're around 36k total, my elf is only 23k total however, a perfectly rolled echo stone can add a further 130 but this character doesn't have any echo stones either).

With that being said I hope the following screenshots can demystify people's doubts and help prevent the spread of false information about the game's mechanics.
    74b5ba1ce9.png
    176637e785.png
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Felt the need to respond since so many people in this thread believe it's not possible to get 1400 dex naked without GM archer. Note that the character was leveled from 1/1 to 200/50 at age 18 on close combat talent, thus only a dex gain of .5 per level, and her dex currently caps at 1718 with shine of eweca's bonus when using a cater to reach the normal 1500 cap before adding in shine's boost (this can reach 1800 on an elf if you're around 36k total, my elf is only 23k total however, a perfectly rolled echo stone can add a further 130 but this character doesn't have any echo stones either).

With that being said I hope the following screenshots can demystify people's doubts and help prevent the spread of false information about the game's mechanics.
    74b5ba1ce9.png
    176637e785.png

Now this is going to sound pedantic on my part, and it is mostly due to my poor choice of words. But I'm very aware you can hit the cap on every stat by my definition of "natural" I'm thinking more along the lines of the average player not 20k+ level 200/50. My lack of belief in what @Ena said comes from them stating a very high stat number, then not knowing rather common knowledge in terms of late game mechanics.
    and i really see some one smash over 150k after ss and i dont want to talk about it coz it might lead to something misunderstanding
    Smash damage during a mission this high is pretty rare if not unheard of, but in terms of a damage test on barrier spikes etc it isn't that high just doing a quick youtube search. Which doesn't make me think they have knowledge of game mechanics/ damage formula.
    i cant imagine how that can that possible, but look 4time damage more than usual. so whip damage get divide by 4 form the clip. whip sux
    First off, even if it was just cut in 4 that would still be ~100k crits which is amazing. Second the damage calc for support shot is entirely different from chain impale, and smash even. This is something that's fairly basic knowledge.

i try not to mention about lance charg and here we have. if it is nerf i am sry ppl. it is not my fault
    I don't really even know what this means, as lance charge damage is well known to be some of the highest in the game.
    lol u r right Mr know everthing. try to get out of ur square once and open ur mind see more thing and try to understand more of detail. stop try to think a way to support ur idea and get clear the picture for ur own good.
    And instead of instantly proving me wrong, and discrediting everything I've said so far they proceed to just call me unimaginative and dumb.

That's why I debated it, something just isn't adding up with what they've claimed.
    TheOthicNilrem
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Felt the need to respond since so many people in this thread believe it's not possible to get 1400 dex naked without GM archer....my elf is only 23k total however...
    right because its so easy right, the average player is only 20k+ :smirk:
    Also how do you have 1400 dex, without buffs? Unless you're high current level with every dex skill maxed out
    Some people weren't denying it they were just denying enas stats. Oh yeah its also common for players to reach 200 and 50 with ease and for them to have 12k AP just lying around you probably have most skills at r1. I was only making fun of how they typed I didn't say anything about it being impossible to get 1400 dex or even questioning enas dex, I was just making fun of them because their grammar was abominable.

Anyways should really get back to chains and not about peoples stats
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 10, 2017
    Okay okay. If i say that i have 1500 str, will people go bananas for it and derail the thread about it for a few pages as well?
    Veylaine