Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon launcher update Closing game!

DingigraphiDingigraphi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
in Technical Support
Hey i just experienced something i find to be extremly stupid and unneeded, i was in a elite shadow mission almost done then. out of nowhere No warning at all the game freezes. then it closes its self nexon launcher opens and say's it has an update and needs to be restarted. I dont know if this is some kind of self updating thing that forces itself when there is a major update, or if its something made to irritate the players. Im not happy at all and rather mad. i just spent my last unlimited shadow mission pass on this elite. We should get some kind of warning before it does this. not one of those warnings that pop-up that critical hit will cover when it comes up. a legit-emit warning like you do when we get a maintenance.
  1. Has this happened to you? "Game closing out of nowhere so nexon launcher can update!"9 votes
    1. Yes!
       56% (5 votes)
    2. No!
       44% (4 votes)

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hmm I've never heard of this happening before and I rarely use the launcher. I wonder if others have had this issue. Or could it be that your client had an error, which closed the game on you, then it "updated" for repairing your client. Just speculating.

I wonder if you can file a ticket about the issue in order to get you're elite pass replaced. I'm sorry this happened to you.
    [Deleted User]
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    maybe so, eitherway it sucks that it happened. and no need to be sorry stuff happens
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    edited December 10, 2017
    What does this even have to do with this issue... the nexon launcher shut my game down so it can update itself. my specs shouldnt have anything to do with that and i have paid malawarebytes aswell as a super clean pc so nothing should be on this pc that i didnt download...
    YangKoete
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    im really curious on why all of your comment's have to be useless at all. and half of them are you being a butthead.. fact is i've used this program on many computers and have not ever had this issue. i have had potatoes use this without an issue. it was a bug in the system it hasnt happened since. if my speccs have anything to do with nexon launchers preformance then why has this only happened once... ringa ding ding because it doesnt. i have friends running this game on old as dirt desktops and have no issues. you dont need a gaming rig to play mabinogi. nor use nexon launcher.