Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PSA: Do not sell the celtic chain blade coupon

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
edited December 11, 2017 in General Chat
If you get it, and want to sell it just be aware that the base materials not including the new drops it needs are around 50m on alexina. Selling this coupon regardless of server for anything even close to 50m you're probably scamming yourself.
[Deleted User]OneConfusedMilletian

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Sigh another weapon added to my impossible weapon to get list..
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited December 11, 2017
    Glad I'm not on Alexina, then.
    ShouK wrote: »

You DO know you can HUNT for the materials, right?

You know, actually put effort into it?

Luckily, Tarlach is blessed with a god of a blacksmith.
    AellXxBearslayerxXLeilicia
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

It's the most expensive celtic weapon to date, it's not that surprising especially because it's new. I posted this so someone who's lucky and gets it doesn't sell to one of the numerous parties buying for 10m
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited December 11, 2017
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

It's the most expensive celtic weapon to date, it's not that surprising especially because it's new. I posted this so someone who's lucky and gets it doesn't sell to one of the numerous parties buying for 10m

You had a chance to move your market toward a correction.

You blew it.
    GypsySpiritPolicroma
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

You blew it.

My intention is to prevent people from being drastically lowballed because there's several parties buying from 10-20m, I've already gotten some hate in game for the party I have up but it doesn't bother me.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited December 11, 2017

Praise the CraftGod.

I mean for real for those who don't know this person. All mastered, all dan 3'd, all those godly reforges, craft quality enchants and title. After all, he's very nice to everyone who request for crafting. Such a nice guy.
    KokoroWolfandWolfSylviaWolfeImaizumi
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 11, 2017
    Won't they increase because of the weapon's newness, and thus decrease with time? Of course, since everyone and their grandma has Celtic weapons dropping from Gachapons, what else are people going to craft?
    GretaSylviaWolfe
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Arguably, selling them expensiev NOW, and then purchase them cheaper could be the smartest move economically.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340

You blew it.

If only more people thought like that, I barely play the game enough to spam for gold like that so 10mil is most of what I have :(

pawcalypseSylviaWolfe
  • ShouKShouK
    If you get it, and want to sell it just be aware that the base materials not including the new drops it needs are around 50m on alexina. Selling this coupon regardless of server for anything even close to 50m you're probably scamming yourself.
    Wait, how is it 50m not including new drops? It took 5 attempt for a Korean player in youtube, meaning 15 ruptured black metal, assuming it is 2.5m each, that's 37.5m, 4 incomplete seal emblem - around 1m, so that's only around 40m..... We don't even know the rarity of the new drops yet. Aren't you way bumping the price?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Wait, how is it 50m not including new drops? It took 5 attempt for a Korean player in youtube, meaning 15 ruptured black metal, assuming it is 2.5m each, that's 37.5m, 4 incomplete seal emblem - around 1m, so that's only around 40m..... We don't even know the rarity of the new drops yet. Aren't you way bumping the price?

If you're on Alexina, I was trying to buy for 3m each and wasn't getting any bites, and for the incomplete seals the cheapest on the board is 890k.
  • RegnaladeRegnalade
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    I think the price for the incompletes raised higher as it got closer to the Celtic weapon release. I use to see prices at 500k each on Alexina.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Ellisya wrote: »

Praise the CraftGod.

I mean for real for those who don't know this person. All mastered, all dan 3'd, all those godly reforges, craft quality enchants and title. After all, he's very nice to everyone who request for crafting. Such a nice guy.

When I had a Valencia made for my giant, he made and threw in a pair of boots and gauntlets for free.

He also crafted me a Druid Staff with perfect M.Atk roll, and made both of my Borealis Hammers with less than the minimum # of materials (thanks to those great successes). So I already know I won't have to hunt for the exact # of materials.

You blew it.

My intention is to prevent people from being drastically lowballed because there's several parties buying from 10-20m, I've already gotten some hate in game for the party I have up but it doesn't bother me.

You DO know that the weapons you get from the coupons will be of the lowest crafting quality available, right? Also, no enchants pre-enchanted, no pre-reforged rank, and stat rolls will most likely be on the lower end of what a regular, non-master/dan crafter would be capable of.

Good luck on trying to find someone to buy a plain Celtic Chainblade for 50m. Even on Alexina, that seems so incredibly stupid.
    SylviaWolfe
  • ShouKShouK
    edited December 12, 2017
    Good luck on trying to find someone to buy a plain Celtic Chainblade for 50m. Even on Alexina, that seems so incredibly stupid.
    I actually saw a buying party for 50m a few hours ago..may have something to do with OP’s PSA party or the “new celtic weapon” value of it, who knows
    EDIT: There’s a buying party of 100m now lmfao
    GretapawcalypseMizukiHayama
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I actually saw a buying party for 50m a few hours ago..may have something to do with OP’s PSA party or the “new celtic weapon” value of it, who knows

This is ridiculous....
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Greta wrote: »

This is ridiculous....

Gotta agree with that, I'd personally value it at ~75m max. If it doesn't get crafting bonuses it really won't be that good and as hyped as I am, I like getting materials and crafting and all that jazz.

The thing that's really sad is the amount of hate I got over my party/this post. Not going to name drop, as I don't care that much but I have several angry notes calling me retarded, and to take my party down right now. Even had someone stop me and say "I'm offering 15m for it because it's all I have, they got the coupon for free so I don't see why this offer is wrong" while yes, I do agree if someone wants to sell something super cheap that's their choice, but they should at least be informed of how much it's worth before they sell it cheaply.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I see shops in Belvast trying to sell Ruptured Black Metals for 5-10m each now. Alexina is crazy.
    Xiokunpawcalypse
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    *pops up fold up chair*

*patiently waits for this to be released in a gacha* :)
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    edited December 12, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    *pops up fold up chair*

*patiently waits for this to be released in a gacha* :)

To be honest I hope this never happens...

I'd rather they raise the drop rate for Ruptured Black Metals to be on the same level as Lightless Metal Fragments.

The problem with the newer Celtic Materials ( to make the Tetra Cylinder, Control Bar, Throwing Star and Dowra Ace) is that their materials share a drop pool with Pure White Dust and Distortion Powder and stuff. With the older Celtics, at worst you get Lightless Metal Fragments or Broken Ring Frames which are still useful to have in large quantities compared to the dust.

I don't like the feeling of opening the end chest of a big 2 hour long dungeon and ending up with a pile of dust...
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Greta wrote: »

This is ridiculous....

Ahhhh wow. O.O That's....a lot for a new craftable (and therefore obtainable in-game) weapon. I'm guessing a lot of people are really thirsty for the new weapons/Talent to the point where everyone is trying to outbid themselves to have the last say....It likely doesn't help that it was a rare drop in a "one per account" box. I'm sure once people start crafting them, they'll quickly go down in price.