Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Influx of shop bots.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Wow that's uh way more than usual. Usually it's like only 2-3 of those shops.

But it is not like they are going to stop what's going on. Those alts support the game ultimately.
    Veylaine
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Gaea wrote: »

But it is not like they are going to stop what's going on. Those alts support the game ultimately.

They also make buying reforges tolerable. 600k a reforge was terrible
    Veylainepawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

They also make buying reforges tolerable. 600k a reforge was terrible

Yeah whoever owns those shops is a god send.
    pawcalypseVeylaine[Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    They also take up space I could use to sell more expensive goods. Use a darn kiosks and stop being so selfish.
    Greta
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    They also take up space I could use to sell more expensive goods. Use a darn kiosks and stop being so selfish.

Kiosks cost 50k to buy and aren't universally used on each server. There's no reason for a bots to use them if a cheaper personal shop option is available.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 12, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »

Kiosks cost 50k to buy and aren't universally used on each server. There's no reason for a bots to use them if a cheaper personal shop option is available.

I agree that kiosks are also more convenient since you can use the ad-board as a directory to look for things. Yet the real estate where you place a personal shop gets foot traffic that get the attention of casual shoppers who are, ironically looking for a quick buy; most of the time they are just looking for anything. The kiosk do the same thing but are stationed out of the way.
    While the ad-board is handy, but you have to already know what you want for it to be useful. A personal shop attracts spur-of-the-moment decisions, impulse buyers.
    BuffalosVeylaine
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    are they even get those reforge, enchant prot pot, etc legally?
    pawcalypse
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Hazurah wrote: »

The only illegal methods would be mass item duplication or some shady NX generation.
    The first would have been detected within days of these shops appearing and stopped. They've been around for nearly a year now, so it's pretty safe to assume that NX is being used to buy each of these items.
    I don't think it's possible to just generate NX codes, but it is possible to get Steam funds from item sales for other games. I'd guess that either someone is really rich and bored, or someone is actively selling CS:GO skins for mabi reforges. It's both legal and stupid.
  • XxBearslayerxXXxBearslayerxX
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Lets be honest, Alexina's economy is inflated to hell. While pretty bad, they are still selling a product cheaper than what most people are selling them. Until its discovered they are using illegal means to do so. I see no reason to stop it. I do however worry about finding a spot to place my shop.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    I do however worry about finding a spot to place my shop.

This is my only issue with them at this point. They have no reason to use ten shops when they can restock stuff when it's gone.
  • FoodfoodfoodFoodfoodfood
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    Wait there are people that actually think these alts could in any way be legal? I'm pretty sure they are used to fund the gold selling sites and therefore definitely make their NX illegally.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Hazurah wrote: »

The only illegal methods would be mass item duplication or some shady NX generation.
    The first would have been detected within days of these shops appearing and stopped. They've been around for nearly a year now, so it's pretty safe to assume that NX is being used to buy each of these items.
    I don't think it's possible to just generate NX codes, but it is possible to get Steam funds from item sales for other games. I'd guess that either someone is really rich and bored, or someone is actively selling CS:GO skins for mabi reforges. It's both legal and stupid.

still, there is EXTREMELY rare for any MMORPG that allows botting in ANYTHING

well, knowing it is Mabi dev we are talking about, they dont have enough motivation or good reason to ban botting

since for them these bot are legitimate player, right? RIGHT?!