Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Oh, She's an Ace Hero [Spoils]

TNinjaTNinja
Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
edited December 15, 2017 in General Chat
I don't follow streams, so I probably missed that bit.

But I thought we were done with Ace heroes. :V

Comments

• SomeNoobProSomeNoobPro
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    Was
    Vimi
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited December 15, 2017
    Ok, since we're on th etopic of Eiren.

How old are these aces? Because Eiren's journal arrived at the bookstore before Aeira was born. What.
    Pip-BoyVeylaineVimi
  • 수융_Ruairi수융_Ruairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    In Saga 2 Merlin imply his age was way above his appearance! Also Aeira is somewhere between 17 and 19, so it is not that surprising hehe
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited December 15, 2017
    the staff is obsessed with that -inappropriate- characters that have nothing to do with the game, its pathetic.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    edited December 15, 2017
    Pannya wrote: »
    the staff is obsessed with that -inappropriate- characters that have nothing to do with the game, its pathetic.

hey be nice to my waifu Eiren >:(
    and "nothing to do with the game"
    are you kidding or are you serious I'm??

cause she has every reason to even exist so--
    Pip-Boy
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Personally, other than the fact that they fawn over her so much, I'm happy they finally treat the Aces respectfully. Merlin isn't the constant idiot or the butt of the jokes in the Chain Slash storyline. The Aces are actually USEFUL.
    Pip-BoyKiruahKingEphyVimipawcalypseZerukanoffwithyourheadsBlissfulkillTheNyanCat
  • TNinjaTNinja
    In Saga 2 Merlin imply his age was way above his appearance! Also Aeira is somewhere between 17 and 19, so it is not that surprising hehe

So.

The book must have been there for about at least 19 years. Eiren was probably at least in late teens when she left her journal somewhere for whatever reason.
  • LeineiLeinei
    TNinja wrote: »

So.

The book must have been there for about at least 19 years. Eiren was probably at least in late teens when she left her journal somewhere for whatever reason.

Merlin's age being so above his appearance might imply he's a Milletian.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Leinei wrote: »
    Personally, other than the fact that they fawn over her so much, I'm happy they finally treat the Aces respectfully. Merlin isn't the constant idiot or the butt of the jokes in the Chain Slash storyline. The Aces are actually USEFUL.

Ah yes the saga missions where you baby sit a bunch of edgy, mentally impaired 12 year olds. They were all insufferable so this was a nice change.
    VimipawcalypsePip-Boy
  • LeineiLeinei
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Ah yes the saga missions where you baby sit a bunch of edgy, mentally impaired 12 year olds. They were all insufferable so this was a nice change.

A VERY NICE change. Whoever wrote the Chain Slash storyline needs to stay. Hope we see more of Eiren.
    Vimipawcalypse
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    They brought back everyone... except Treasure Hunter. Not nice! :(
    pawcalypse
  • HeleoHeleo
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    edited December 15, 2017
    Miuna wrote: »

Actually his last appearance in saga 2, he charged Merlin to help and is always Treasure Hunting, so I get why he hasn't shown up again. They might bring him back if there is something that requires finding or Iria. Culinary Artist literally shows up for picnics every time LOL

But am I the only one sad about the fact that Eiren Lost her powers and isn't an Ace anymore? Like we walked in and took it from her LOL. It would be great if she somehow regained her powers or developed some power from her Fomor Father to make her an Ace again in maybe a generation later on or another side story.
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Heleo wrote: »
    But am I the only one sad about the fact that Eiren Lost her powers and isn't an Ace anymore? Like we walked in and took it from her LOL. It would be great if she somehow regained her powers or developed some power from her Fomor Father to make her an Ace again in maybe a generation later on or another side story.

I was sad at first too, but at least this way she can be friends with the Aces again without having to worry about hurting them anymore.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited December 15, 2017
    Heleo wrote: »
    Miuna wrote: »

Actually his last appearance in saga 2, he charged Merlin to help and is always Treasure Hunting, so I get why he hasn't shown up again. They might bring him back if there is something that requires finding or Iria. Culinary Artist literally shows up for picnics every time LOL

Well, at the same time though, she's freed from the burden of having to worry about her power taking her over again and hurting her friends, and she's able to live her life outside of a crystal. I agree though that I did find the ending rather bittersweet.

However, that doesn't mean she's not still helpful. Learning what she did from her Fomor blood, she has an insight on the enemy that not many have. I love her as a character and the writer for this one did a good job. Too bad they weren't on staff for Saga 2. XD

Regarding Treasure Hunter, he may be labeled as an Ace Hero in the Talents, but perhaps in terms of canon, he hasn't officially joined. They never state whether he has or not at the end of Saga 2, he just hears about a group that protects Erinn in secret. That could refer to the Aces or to the Alban Knights (which maybe the Aces are an extension of). Treasure Hunter is also a free spirit and does what he wants so it doesn't surprise me to not see him. Finally, considering how he was handled in Saga 2, I would hope to see him written better like the others were.

Maybe we'll see him again with Akule, Shamala... and I guess Millia too. She needs to wake up already. Would be amazing if Millia turns out to be a reincarnation of Macha since she has Divine Power. We never did find out why Millia spoke that prophecy in Saga 2.

Also, I can see why Culinary Artist could be considered an Ace. Someone that talented to cook can be a godsend on a battlefield or in the event of an evacuation where times are stressful. An army and evacuees need to eat and if it tastes good, it can be good for the morale. That in itself is a notable power.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    The Aces each has a special talent, was it?

What specialty did Treasure hunter have?

And why doesn't Culinary Artist nor the Treasure Hunter have actual names to go by?
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited December 15, 2017
    TNinja wrote: »
    The Aces each has a special talent, was it?

What specialty did Treasure hunter have?

And why doesn't Culinary Artist nor the Treasure Hunter have actual names to go by?

Treasure Hunter has a name, but it hasn't been revealed. His notable ability was tracking and hunting for and identifying hidden treasure, with assistance from his Book of Bith. He also had those gun artifacts that he's so fond of.

Culinary Artist might just prefer to be addressed by his title, similar to a chef in the kitchen simply being called 'Chef'.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I like how OP's thread title is a spoiler itself.
    Lidrster
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited December 16, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

Yeah, but considering it's mentioned on the micro-site that Eiren is an Ace, it can be considered common knowledge at this point. Nexon revealed it before he did.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/chainslash
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Greta wrote: »

Yeah, but considering it's mentioned on the micro-site that Eiren is an Ace, it can be considered common knowledge at this point. Nexon revealed it before he did.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/chainslash

I didn't know, even after i watched stream i somehow did not realize until i did story XD
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Do you still like the title?