Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do you get star pieces for the Sky Shop?

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited December 15, 2017 in General Chat
title says it.
I bought a X Mas fooled-you-pon and all I got was some shadow mission crystals, imp letters, and a pair of wings. No star pieces

Comments

• SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Did you buy an 11 or 45 stack or did you just buy singles?
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    edited December 15, 2017
    Just 1.
    I want to see how much the 10x17 bag would cost before throwing away lots of money.
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    The stars only come from 11 and 45 stacks. And iirc, they said in the stream that there would be other non-gacha cash shop items that'll give stars, but not sure what.
    Vimi
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    edited December 15, 2017
    Wow so you'd need to spend something like $300 to get the 10x17 bag.
    WTH?
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited December 15, 2017
    The stars only come from 11 and 45 stacks. And iirc, they said in the stream that there would be other non-gacha cash shop items that'll give stars, but not sure what.

They meant other than current gacha, there'll be pet gacha/packages and another gacha (chainslash) that give you Star Pieces. Pet one doesn't really give you much as gacha though.
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Ellisya wrote: »

They meant other than current gacha, there'll be pet gacha/packages and another gacha (chainslash) that give you Star Pieces. Pet one doesn't really give you much as gacha though.

pet gacha? do you happen to have any clue what type of pets will be in it and how much less stars are we talking about?
    i suualy dislike to gacha because it feels like a regretfull waste of money, but pet gachas atleast guarantee a pet so im more fine with doing them.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Kiruah wrote: »

pet gacha? do you happen to have any clue what type of pets will be in it and how much less stars are we talking about?
    i suualy dislike to gacha because it feels like a regretfull waste of money, but pet gachas atleast guarantee a pet so im more fine with doing them.

I saw Pet Package with Star Mark on it so we'll probably get soon.

Reindeer Star Box (10)
    Christmas Alpaca Star Box (15)
    Gingerbread Truck Star Box (30)
    Alto Star Box (40)

Reindeer Star Package (40)
    Christmas Alpaca Star Package (45)
    Gingerbread Truck Star Package (60)
    Alto Star Package (65)

Christmas Pet Supplies Star Package (35)
    Entire Chorus of Christmas Pets Star Package (115)

Package includes Pet Adoption Medal, Pet Exp Pot, Pet Rebirth Pot, Glimmering Golden Supplement
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    edited December 15, 2017
    This event is dead to me!
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    this is really getting pathetic.....
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    The event was never said to be anything but a little bonus for buying NX. Some people might consider inventory space to be the most sacred possible thing to acquire, but you're really not missing out on much.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    if all the shop items were available in the gacha too instead of just in the special snowflake star exchange shop it wouldn't bother me nearly as much.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Sorath wrote: »
    The event was never said to be anything but a little bonus for buying NX. Some people might consider inventory space to be the most sacred possible thing to acquire, but you're really not missing out on much.

Notice the floating and prompt menu on the forum about NX Blowout Deals - in the bottom right corner...
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    edited December 15, 2017
    pawcalypse wrote: »

Notice the floating and prompt menu on the forum about NX Blowout Deals - in the bottom right corner...

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. The NX Blowout Deal is completely unrelated to Sky's shop.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Honestly, why are we complaining? You seem to always be acting as if Gachapons shouldn't even exist. There are other things to complain about you know.
    pawcalypseHumiliating
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I saw Pet Package with Star Mark on it so we'll probably get soon.

Reindeer Star Box (10)
    Christmas Alpaca Star Box (15)
    Gingerbread Truck Star Box (30)
    Alto Star Box (40)

Reindeer Star Package (40)
    Christmas Alpaca Star Package (45)
    Gingerbread Truck Star Package (60)
    Alto Star Package (65)

Christmas Pet Supplies Star Package (35)
    Entire Chorus of Christmas Pets Star Package (115)

Package includes Pet Adoption Medal, Pet Exp Pot, Pet Rebirth Pot, Glimmering Golden Supplement
    Any idea if the pet rebirth pot is tradeable?
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    They meant other than current gacha, there'll be pet gacha/packages and another gacha (chainslash) that give you Star Pieces. Pet one doesn't really give you much as gacha though.[/quote]

o.o how do u know what will be in future? u have time machine?
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    my dream chis-mas gift was crush. little hopper for 270 stars
    hoping to have 5-6 of em. yes, no.... i dont think so. not a big whale for u to milk
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    pawcalypse wrote: »

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. The NX Blowout Deal is completely unrelated to Sky's shop.

Things are usually not related to anything as a standalone.

It's the context and timing which reveals the final outcome.
    pawcalypseGreta
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 16, 2017
    Honestly, why are we complaining? You seem to always be acting as if Gachapons shouldn't even exist. There are other things to complain about you know.

I think the main reason is that the gachapon star system was directly transferred over from KR, despite the wishbones for perm tails fiasco, that went horribly wrong.
    People were posting on the forums that even if you completed the event, you would still have to spend $100+ to get a tail from the event shop, even for a RNG one.
    Unfortunately, all effort the community made to make an uproar was never transferred over from NA CM to KR CM.
    Thus, the whale money sink continues...much to our dismay and ever shrinking wallets.
    I couldn't find the KR Christmas Box, but I found a more recent gachapon release and event.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 16, 2017

I think the main reason is that the gachapon star system was directly transferred over from KR, despite the wishbones for perm tails fiasco, that went horribly wrong.
    People were posting on the forums that even if you completed the event, you would still have to spend $100+ to get a tail from the event shop, even for a RNG one.
    Unfortunately, all effort the community made to make an uproar was never transferred over from NA CM to KR CM.
    Thus, the whale money sink continues...much to our dismay and ever shrinking wallets.
    I couldn't find the KR Christmas Box, but I found a more recent gachapon release and event.

I shared many of the same complaints during the wishbone event, with suggestions for a fixed reward via currency not unlike wishbones or stars that did not dissipate when the sale ends, if but has revolving merchandise.

That being said, the axiom "Criticism is meaningless from those who offer nothing negativity" is a pretty apt saying if you ask me. It goes double for those who cannot even put out a suggestion. People who cannot bother to acknowledge progress are often so fixed on an issue that their perspective is skewed to one particular factor. I find it to be quite annoying, in regards to the posts I believe to have read from the OP.

The comparison between The Wishbone Event and Shy's Star Shop aren't even accurate, which I decry in the "Event Is Dead" comment. The wishbone event was partially pushed as an event, but an extremely difficult, RNG dependent, tedious one that reeked of being essentially a giant cash grab. Advertising what is mostly a sale as an event is understandably rage inducing. For Sky's Starshop, I never felt I was sold the feeling that this was a thinly veiled event but more akin to the Bingo Gachapon with less RNG. Not to mention we have actual events running. (Granted, booster events, but with an actual game update, I cannot complain.)

In my opinion, having guaranteed prizes per tier is something I'd like to see, alongside currency that never disappears but carries over, and reasonable pricing in terms of the number bought versus currency deal.