Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rebirth Potions not expiring on the 28th

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    It's January 6th, Why is this thread still going?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 6, 2017
    @FayeKaiba Because people are still salty over it, especially the ones who didn't oversee this and used them up before Rainbow event. I used them up before that event too, but i'm trying to ignore this fact and move on. I'm at least happy i had that 1 Rebirth Potion from Caravan Joe that had the time limit on.
    KagaHelsa
  • TamisraTamisra
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    edited January 6, 2017
    I think people are failing to see the main point underlying this thread because they are blinded by their own elitism and because they themselves were not influenced by this decision, either by having overseen the expiration line or being capped (Kaga's comment "If you hadn't switched characters so much you wouldn't need the AP" being a prime example of the aforementioned elitism). The problem is that the rebirth potions did say that they will expire when the event is over, so a lot of people spammed them on the last couple days of the event, rebirthed at low levels, etc., assuming that they would be expired at the end of the event as stated. When this did not happen, and people who did not read the description were able to use them during double rainbow, amassing at least twice as much AP if not more (since it is also double XP they would likely have gained somewhere around ~2.5x as much AP) those who used them before double rainbow felt slighted. Sure, there is little that can be done to remedy this, but those of you in this thread saying there is nothing wrong are merely being apologists for Nexon. We should make these issues known so they do not arise again in the future; as someone else pointed out almost every event in the past half year has had something broken, and that, frankly, is unacceptable and unprofessional. This is mostly directed at Kaga, Arjune, Gaea, MissFortune, and BerrySwirl, as you all seem to think ignoring Nexon's shortcomings is the solution, rather than encouraging them to avoid broken situations in the first place.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 6, 2017
    I do kind of agree with Tamisra here now, but still i don't think that we will ever get anything from this because like everyone says... this is NEXON. So the best option here is to stay polite and respect others, and don't show obvious salt. Let's hope they did see this problem and won't do anything like this anymore.
    Helsa
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited January 7, 2017
    Tamisra
    Tamisra said:

I think people are failing to see the main point underlying this thread because they are blinded by their own elitism and because they themselves were not influenced by this decision, either by having overseen the expiration line or being capped (Kaga's comment "If you hadn't switched characters so much you wouldn't need the AP" being a prime example of the aforementioned elitism). The problem is that the rebirth potions did say that they will expire when the event is over, so a lot of people spammed them on the last couple days of the event, rebirthed at low levels, etc., assuming that they would be expired at the end of the event as stated. When this did not happen, and people who did not read the description were able to use them during double rainbow, amassing at least twice as much AP if not more (since it is also double XP they would likely have gained somewhere around ~2.5x as much AP) those who used them before double rainbow felt slighted. Sure, there is little that can be done to remedy this, but those of you in this thread saying there is nothing wrong are merely being apologists for Nexon. We should make these issues known so they do not arise again in the future; as someone else pointed out almost every event in the past half year has had something broken, and that, frankly, is unacceptable and unprofessional. This is mostly directed at Kaga, Arjune, Gaea, MissFortune, and BerrySwirl, as you all seem to think ignoring Nexon's shortcomings is the solution, rather than encouraging them to avoid broken situations in the first place.
    Elitism? Not sure if you play on Mari but I know it's a fact.
    No one said it wasn't wrong.
    People are being salty over anything lately and Nexon has been giving too many AP events (Rebirth included)
    So obviously people would be spoiled.
    And like someone else said before; if OP was able to take advantage of this, he wouldn't even make this thread to begin with.
    /Thread
    Neyna[Deleted User]