Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

...20 barri basic runs and No Crystal.

FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
edited December 15, 2017 in General Chat
wow. RNG is being very very stingy on this thing. trying get the 5th dorcha crystal for the quest and i just ran 20 barri basic runs opening all dead end chests and not a single crystal dropped.

seriously this is so stupid. theyve shouldve gone with the system where you can run easy content for a chance of the crystal dropping or harder content for a guaranteed drop. at this rate this is just stupid.
pawcalypse

Comments

• LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Well, at least RNG was nice to you with the 5m drop in festia's gacha, so if you really need it and get bored of running, you can just buy it :D
    MiunaVeylaineSylviaWolfepawcalypselceCreamGretaoffwithyourheadsCarlizeLeiliciaPolicroma
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited December 15, 2017
    Lidrster wrote: »
    Well, at least RNG was nice to you with the 5m drop in festia's gacha, so if you really need it and get bored of running, you can just buy it :D

I really do wonder how much they cost lol, 300 bait and yesterdays lord runs and like 120 hornets no 3rd or 6th crystal for me . Makes you wonder how the low the drop rate is.
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Lidrster wrote: »

I really do wonder how much they cost lol, 300 bait and yesterdays lord runs and like 120 hornets no 3rd or 6th crystal for me . Makes you wonder how the low the drop rate is.

It's very random, I wasn't even looking for them and got two 2nd crystal drops from 3 ancient foxes that crossed my path when I was questing for something else while I saw a guildie hunt for that very same crystal for a couple of hours and get nothing x_x
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    At least you can AFK for the fishing one, which is what I did for three hours for mine. All of the others are just stupid. It's like Korea wants people to bot script their game anymore.
    pawcalypseVeylaine
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Check your Me tab. They go in there if you went afk fishing.
    Unless your Me tab is full...
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited December 15, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Check your Me tab. They go in there if you went afk fishing.
    Unless your Me tab is full...

I know just saying after all that still didn't get any so im wondering what the drop rate is lol
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited December 15, 2017
    The RNG gods are watching. You already got your 5m already
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    edited December 15, 2017
    lceCream wrote: »
    The RNG gods are watching. You already got your 5m already

and i think thats the problem :( i used up my luck for the week.

am curious how much they are on the tarlach server. and if any of you have a spare on it ill buy.
  • TiernieTiernie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    It may be nothing but it may help. I always like to run Math because of the Fine leather drops. I ran Math basic for my 5th crystal and opened the first end chest and got it. I told a friend and the first time they ran she got it. She had been running all day. May be just luck... who knows
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    edited December 15, 2017
    Who the heck even thought of putting two of the crystals for a skill quest on SHARED mobs in open areas in very limited numbers for an entire damn server? AND made them tradable, so that people could constantly farm and monopolize said mobs? Which barely sentient being did they pick to come up with this idea? I do not understand.

EDIT: and don't even get me started on the CP problem with the droprate. I''ve got next to everything maxed. Come on?
    badnewsbarrettLeilicia
    edited December 15, 2017
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Who the heck even thought of putting two of the crystals for a skill quest on SHARED mobs in open areas in very limited numbers for an entire damn server? AND made them tradable, so that people could constantly farm and monopolize said mobs? Which barely sentient being did they pick to come up with this idea? I do not understand.

EDIT: and don't even get me started on the CP problem with the droprate. I''ve got next to everything maxed. Come on?

i just hate Fetch quests tied to unlocking skills in general. its annoying trying to get get 6 items and all but 5 of them rely on pure RNG to be nice to you. thankfully i only need 2 and 5. but 5 is being a total pain to get.

unlocking skills should require some sort of Excuse the pun...skill.

also theirs like 6 or 7 different people on the Tarlach server trying to buy the 5th Dorcha crystal.
    pawcalypse
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735

This is one of the rare occasion that Alexina being the server with the highest population is a disadvantage. All channels has at least 2 players hunting hornets at Silva.. and ancients is nowhere to be found. I want to use the monster drop boost but to do that I need to find ancient monsters first ;_; Just hope I can find some when american players are sleeping
    ShouK wrote: »

This is one of the rare occasion that Alexina being the server with the highest population is a disadvantage. All channels has at least 2 players hunting hornets at Silva.. and ancients is nowhere to be found. I want to use the monster drop boost but to do that I need to find ancient monsters first ;_; Just hope I can find some when american players are sleeping

try going to Tir Na Nog. since that place is almost eclusivly used for G1. most of the time theirs 3 ancients down south of the square, graveyard and path to Albey.
    and then CC when you take them all out. thats how i got mine as there were like 2-3 ancients per channel and i got it on my third channel run.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Underground places like solea and the one in the desert
    pawcalypse
    Hazurah wrote: »

wait what?
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 15, 2017
    I got the 6th crystal using a dream catcher, killing the hornet in self-dense unintentionally. I thought I could collect it or transform into one.
    I guess RNG is working regardless.

Edit: wrong thread was meant for Dorcha crystals
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

I tried Accessing Connous Underground aka "Ant Hell". I couldn't get in through the plumes of sand. :(
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735

I tried Accessing Connous Underground aka "Ant Hell". I couldn't get in through the plumes of sand. :(
    I think he meants the one with tons of herb patches.

I didn’t go there because it takes too long to map out the whole area and if I found that there’s no ancients after all that effort I don’t think my heart can take it. Although if all else fails I guess I’ll go there then lol
    ya im at the point where im about to give up. over 100 dead end chests opened and no crystal. this is absolutely insane and incredibly boring. who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to make this thing so incredibly rare? most of my drops are gold and when i do get extra stuff its just 5-6 Stamina 100 potions. if this was a crafting part for the new Celtic chain blade id understand the rareity. but a necessary fetch item for a Skill quest? Come on.
    badnewsbarrett
  • NeyheshiNeyheshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    edited December 16, 2017
    Everyone seems to be forgetting how tedious Shock pages were or AR8/FB10. This isnt new and the fact that its a new skill means a lot of people are going to be hunting. The only concerning thing to me is the 5th crystal because of the singular area of the mob that drops it. Very stupid on Nexon’s part to make it drop from an enemy found in one spot that and only from them.
    GretapawcalypseTheNyanCat