Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

...20 barri basic runs and No Crystal.

Comments

• MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Can the crystals drop after you've used them? Someone told me that the crystal you used cannot drop again for you.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »
    My question is:
    Is Spinning Slasher **needed** to Master the skillset?
    I cannot bring myself to grind for hours for these crystals, nor do I have the gold to buy them from other players.

Yes

it requires all r1 includes future extra chain skills + at least rank 4 Spinning Slasher in order to become a Master.

If that's the case the 185 luck and 65dex for the stat gain without the 5 skills I did would be a bit lower since it included master title dex and luck gain
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Yes

it requires all r1 includes future extra chain skills + at least rank 4 Spinning Slasher in order to become a Master.

Oh dear, not sure if I wanna continue working on this skillset then....
    Thanks for letting me know. :)

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 16, 2017
    Can the crystals drop after you've used them? Someone told me that the crystal you used cannot drop again for you.

Yes it does, this is why some players are selling them or trading with them. My luck with the topic crystal (5th crystal; Barri Basic) is kind of high at the moment...
    MizukiHayama
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    edited December 17, 2017
    ok. Wow....ive been opening a few hundred chests now with no drop. and my ingame mom and her friend get their crystals on the first chest.

this is just ridiculous.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    ok. Wow....ive been opening a few hundred chests now with no drop. and my ingame mom and her friend get their crystals on the first chest.

this is just ridiculous.
    It seems you either get it on your first few dead end chests or not get it at all until after tons of runs. I got it in my first chest too in peaca normal.
    pawcalypse
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    prntscr.com/hol1ia

welp. roughly 250 Dead end chests later and i finally have the Crystal. i am NOT doing this again for other character.

that was just insanely stupid how you can end up going hundreds of chests without it meanwhile most people barely go above 10.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900

this is absolutely false
    I helped wife and friend get theirs after I got mine and even used it.
    MizukiHayama
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Odinwolfe wrote: »

this is absolutely false
    I helped wife and friend get theirs after I got mine and even used it.

Oh, maybe they were misinformed then. Thank you :3!
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited December 17, 2017
    Check your Me tab. They go in there if you went afk fishing.
    Unless your Me tab is full...

the fishing rate is actually pretty good. I was only afk for about 2 or 3 hours and got 2 of the 3rd dorcha crystals. I was using a Fishing Pole W22 rod to double how many items you can fish and the Moriko's 2nd title increases automatic fishing success rate.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Check your Me tab. They go in there if you went afk fishing.
    Unless your Me tab is full...

the fishing rate is actually pretty good. I was only afk for about 2 or 3 hours and got 2 of the 3rd dorcha crystals. I was using a Fishing Pole W22 rod to double how many items you can fish and the Moriko's 2nd title increases automatic fishing success rate.

900 baits later and I still haven't fished one up yet.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Buffalos wrote: »
    At least you can AFK for the fishing one, which is what I did for three hours for mine. All of the others are just stupid. It's like Korea wants people to bot script their game anymore.

The problem with Korea is people play games like this while hanging out IRL. So the grind kinda makes sense for games aimed at this gaming style.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited December 18, 2017
    Harukari wrote: »
    My question is:
    Is Spinning Slasher **needed** to Master the skillset?
    I cannot bring myself to grind for hours for these crystals, nor do I have the gold to buy them from other players.

Yes

I have all r1 chain skills currently, and I'm only about 1/5th into champion

also for spinning slash, it looks really cool but I don't understand why I'd bother using it over chain sweep and the targeting is really odd

EDIT: was talking to a KR streamer, he said the dorcha crystal quest was easy compared to one of the skills we don't have, also a new page hunt for another one. One of the 3 we're missing is easy though.