Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dorcha crystals

Comments

• MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    ShouK wrote: »
    Can you still get them after you have obtained spinning slasher? I caved in and bought the 2nd one but still would like to farm for others to cover the gold I spent for the 2nd..

I haven't obtained any duplicate crystals since I obtained spinning slash, but you can still buy the 4th from fleta, so it seems possible.
    MashiMoto
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ran Peaca Basic for Banshee sketch and got my 5th crystal on second opened dead end chest. Well, less work for me later.
    pawcalypse
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Greta wrote: »
    Ran Peaca Basic for Banshee sketch and got my 5th crystal on second opened dead end chest. Well, less work for me later.

Same here. But I have 4 pets that ran out of time, and have killed 137 ancients so far and no 2nd.
  • MarithMarith
    I've found another 5th crystal well after finishing the quest and getting the skill. So that's confirmed.
    MashiMoto
  • GretaGreta
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Same here. But I have 4 pets that ran out of time, and have killed 137 ancients so far and no 2nd.

Been running and trying to find ANY Ancients at all. Found few, but still empty handed...
    ShouK
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 17, 2017
    Oh... My... GOD...

Was running around, trying to find any Ancient monsters and guess what? I FIND THIS!

PqTVgF8.png

But WAIT!

3zK7dVz.png

I can't pick it up! :( I hate my life...

It's in ch5 Alexina near Qilla Base Camp :') Who left this behind!?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Oh... My... GOD...

Was running around, trying to find any Ancient monsters and guess what? I FIND THIS!

PqTVgF8.png

But WAIT!

3zK7dVz.png

That physically pains me
    GretapawcalypseBlissfulkillZeoKerriganne
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Woot! Got the second dorcha crystal (FINALLY FREAKIN'LY!!!)
    I just stayed on till I knew there'd be less players and channel hopped till I found fertile ancient huntin' grounds. Finally dropped from a Mutant Carnivorous Plant
    that thing is weakest to me for cryin' in a bucket! Here I was targetin' mobs that I knew would be stronger than me if I put of some -cp gear and it drops from that bloody plant.....

Welp onto the 5th dorcha crystal, I hope this 1 doesn't take as long -.-'
  • MarithMarith
    I got my second from a young big-eared aardvark ancient right about the time I was driven to the crest of giving up. That second crystal left behind also hurts me.
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Oh... My... GOD...

PqTVgF8.png

But WAIT!

3zK7dVz.png

This happened on ch6 Mari yesterday as well; a guildmate flew past someone struggling to kill hornets and pointed it out to them only to be told it wasn't theirs and they couldn't take it. :c

I'm still missing the 1st and 2nd crystals, my husband is missing 5, and 2 is the only one another guildmate has.

I'm completely lacking abyss passes, but my husband ran it three or four times so far and got his on his second run.
    I've killed I don't know how many ancients and come up empty, he killed about 60 and got a single one, guildmate got it in a single run of Lords with randoms.
    I got my 3rd on my first cast then spent a further 6 hours fishing without seeing another, my husband fished for 3 hours and got 3 of them. e_e
    I got my 5th out of the last deadend while running Peaca basic for the banshee sketch after doing some Barri runs, and my husband was with me and did some of his own Barri and Math runs without finding one.
    I managed to get my 6th on my third kill (using -CP gear), then killed I don't even know how many more hornets to try and help friends with no luck. My husband killed a fair few though not too terribly many and got his single one.

I would love to help friends out since I know for a fact that some them can't handle or don't have time to grind the content, but RNG is being such a cruel mistress...
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Yvonnee wrote: »
    great, so now theyre even putting skills behind giant RNG walls.
    thanks for the info though

This is probably the dumbest complaint I've seen yet. A lot of skills are like this, and also it's an mmo? What did you expect?

only 2 of the crystals have unacceptable grind walls. The phantasm crystal, which requires 750k per attempt (to make the pass, assuming you didn't pay for the mangled pass as well) and requires players with a lot of experience and high level reforged gear to run. The Lord mission crystal is also not good design for this game, since it's not a grind wall, it's a wait wall, due to Lord missions being limited to 3/day. For a skill that's critical to its respective talent, that's not good design. I'd rather it be farmable with a low rate than farmable with a low rate and you can only do it 3 times a day.

Even pre-renovation magic was better than those two crystals, and arrow revolver made sense at the time it was released since it was practically the best skill in the game, although AR page drop rate was due for renovation long before it got one.

The crystals will probably all be dirt cheap in a month, maybe not the phantasm one, but we're still hurting as of now.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Yvonnee wrote: »
    great, so now theyre even putting skills behind giant RNG walls.
    thanks for the info though

This is probably the dumbest complaint I've seen yet. A lot of skills are like this, and also it's an mmo? What did you expect?

only 2 of the crystals have unacceptable grind walls. The phantasm crystal, which requires 750k per attempt (to make the pass, assuming you didn't pay for the mangled pass as well) and requires players with a lot of experience and high level reforged gear to run. The Lord mission crystal is also not good design for this game, since it's not a grind wall, it's a wait wall, due to Lord missions being limited to 3/day. For a skill that's critical to its respective talent, that's not good design. I'd rather it be farmable with a low rate than farmable with a low rate and you can only do it 3 times a day.

Even pre-renovation magic was better than those two crystals, and arrow revolver made sense at the time it was released since it was practically the best skill in the game, although AR page drop rate was due for renovation long before it got one.

The crystals will probably all be dirt cheap in a month, maybe not the phantasm one, but we're still hurting as of now.

It's not just from Lord and Phant....

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited December 18, 2017

So crystal #2 can be found by hunting ancients. And no, you don't have to have noob CP to do it this way. I hunted ancients in Hilwen mine floor 3. There's usually a few emerald bison, shriekers, or golems with an ancient tag. I changed channels when there were no ancients left and cycled through.

I will be the first to admit that it's hard to find a good time online when there's nobody else hunting these right now. But it's still doable if you keep at it.

Crystal #3 can be obtained by fishing in Cobh. And I will admit the drop rate on this is low, but it's not rosemary patterns low. Left myself fishing all day, didn't get anything. Left myself fishing and went to bed...got two.
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 18, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    Crystal #3 can be obtained by fishing in Cobh. And I will admit the drop rate on this is low, but it's not rosemary patterns low. Left myself fishing all day, didn't get anything. Left myself fishing and went to bed...got two.

I fished for about 1 hour or so and found my 3rd crystal. Some few forum users as well claimed to get theirs pretty fast too. It's fairly easy if you have r1 fishing and having any increased auto fishing success rate 2nd title. You never fail to catch anything with this combo.
  • GretaGreta
    Finally got my 2nd crystal after struggling to find any Ancients. Decided to visit Karu forest before daily resets and after like ~10 Ancient kills i got my drop from Manchurian White Bear lol. Now the question is how long i will need to kill Polar Hornets for the 6th one...
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    6th crystal only took a few minutes, the 3rd one was over night, the 4th one bought from fleta... but the 5th is near impossible. 12+ hours of dungeoning in several different dungeons and no crystal. I've done a couple dozen ancients and no crystal there either.

Can't you guys just mail me one? Please? :'( No one is even selling it anymore over here.
  • GretaGreta
    Xiokun wrote: »
    6th crystal only took a few minutes, the 3rd one was over night, the 4th one bought from fleta... but the 5th is near impossible. 12+ hours of dungeoning in several different dungeons and no crystal. I've done a couple dozen ancients and no crystal there either.

Can't you guys just mail me one? Please? :'( No one is even selling it anymore over here.

Wow... I was killing hornets for hour or so and nothing, yet i ran Peaca Basic for Banshee sketch and got 5th crystal on second dead end chest lol. Our luck is switched :D
  • KukriKukri
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Ellisya wrote: »
    1st - Coil Abyss chest
    2nd - Ancient Mob or Succubus Fiend
    3rd - Cobh Fishing or Cavern Lord chest
    4th - Fleta Sells for 50k on ETC tab
    5th - Uladh Dungeon deadend chest
    6th - Silva Forest Hornets

All these are RNG drop have kinda low rate, but not extremely low, except 4th that Fleta sells.
    Like one of my friend got 1st Crystal from first run, I did not get for 4th runs.

Also, consider your CP as well if you are doing mob hunt for drop.... there's gonna be many people at Silva Forest now.

+It's kinda funny people saying "Why would you share info with others" on discord.. It is because I'm not blind at gold/money and selfish. I know it will be really harder to obtain something like 6th crystal and saying 'you could post it after some people like who have high CP get those first'... you know that's called 'being selfish'. Let newbies make some money I guess who have lower CP for better drop rate. I don't really care. I can work on other skills and event meanwhile :3c

curious question, for fishing do you need any special bait? and as for the deadend did you notice it dropping from any dungeon in particular easier than others. I ask you and any who have been going after number 5.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Kukri wrote: »
    curious question, for fishing do you need any special bait? and as for the deadend did you notice it dropping from any dungeon in particular easier than others. I ask you and any who have been going after number 5.

1. No need special bait.
    2. So far I've found them from Peaca Basic, Rundal Adv Hardmode. (Those two were only one I ran though)
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 18, 2017
    Finally got 6th crystal. Now it's time to get 1st one. I hope RNG won't hurt me for this one.

EDIT: Got it on first run lol. Was expecting the boss to be stronger, i remember doing this dungeon when i was around 8k ttl i think...It was painful that time, but now i killed it within 15 seconds lol. FH bae.
    Welp... Done with Spinning Slasher quest. It was fun, but darn 2nd crystal was frustrating as hell, all because people are mass hunting Ancients now.
    KokoroMiuna