Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Some Questions about Appearance scrolls

WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
in Help
Hey everyone. I was wondering about the mechanics of appearance scrolls. It says on wiki that the item you change will be untradeable. Is it unstoreable too? Can you store it in pets or in Me tab? How about bank? Bank transfer? Do trade unlock pots work?

What happens if you use an appearance revert pot? Will it become tradeable again once it reverts back to original appearance? Thanks so much!

Comments

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Hey everyone. I was wondering about the mechanics of appearance scrolls. It says on wiki that the item you change will be untradeable. Is it unstoreable too? Can you store it in pets or in Me tab? How about bank? Bank transfer? Do trade unlock pots work?

What happens if you use an appearance revert pot? Will it become tradeable again once it reverts back to original appearance? Thanks so much!

1. Yes, it is untradeable. I can confirm as someone who did not read the wiki and used the Cross Empire Great Blade appearance scroll on one of my swords and now cannot trade it to the giant on my account.
    2. It is also unstoreable, as I quickly found out after trying to put it back in my pet's inventory.
    3. It cannot be stored in the Me tab.
    4. Can't be stored in bank either, which means bank transfers are out.
    5. I'm unsure if trade unlock pots work. Can someone else confirm if it does or not? Before I go and buy one.
    6. I'm assuming using a revert pot will revert the weapon back to normal, so it will become tradeable again and will have its original appearance.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited December 17, 2017
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

1. Yes, it is untradeable. I can confirm as someone who did not read the wiki and used the Cross Empire Great Blade appearance scroll on one of my swords and now cannot trade it to the giant on my account.
    2. It is also unstoreable, as I quickly found out after trying to put it back in my pet's inventory.
    5. I'm unsure if trade unlock pots work. Can someone else confirm if it does or not? Before I go and buy one.
    6. I'm assuming using a revert pot will revert the weapon back to normal, so it will become tradeable again and will have its original appearance.

1-2; 4. !!!! D : :( :( :(
    I can understand untradeable to other players, but unstoreable and untransferrable? ;-; Why.
    I'm so sorry about your Cross Empire coupon. Wiki says you lose the scroll forever even if you use a revert scroll. :(

But that really makes it inconvenient to have a lot of appearance weapons, simply because you'll have to figure out where to put them in your actual invo :/
    We need an appearance weapon bag that takes up 1x1 and holds 30x30

3. I guess it could be possible to put an enchant on it that would make it storeable in Me tab?
    5. I have a sinking feeling that maybe trade unlocks won't work if it doesn't go into the Me tab. But it would be cool if someone happened to know; I'm sure someone has had to have tried it at some point.
    6. I wonder if I can find a cheap scroll to test this out...

EDIT: Hey @Yokkaichi

I had a trade unlock from an event, and I went out a bought a really cheap star candy appearance scroll. The trade unlock pot didn't recognize the mace as being available for unlocking. :/ It didn't work...
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

1-2; 4. !!!! D : :( :( :(
    I can understand untradeable to other players, but unstoreable and untransferrable? ;-; Why.
    I'm so sorry about your Cross Empire coupon. Wiki says you lose the scroll forever even if you use a revert scroll. :(

But that really makes it inconvenient to have a lot of appearance weapons, simply because you'll have to figure out where to put them in your actual invo :/
    We need an appearance weapon bag that takes up 1x1 and holds 30x30

3. I guess it could be possible to put an enchant on it that would make it storeable in Me tab?
    5. I have a sinking feeling that maybe trade unlocks won't work if it doesn't go into the Me tab. But it would be cool if someone happened to know; I'm sure someone has had to have tried it at some point.
    6. I wonder if I can find a cheap scroll to test this out...

EDIT: Hey @Yokkaichi

I had a trade unlock from an event, and I went out a bought a really cheap star candy appearance scroll. The trade unlock pot didn't recognize the mace as being available for unlocking. :/ It didn't work...

Ah, that's a bummer. The sword is two-handed too, and I'm an elf, so it's pretty much stuck in my inventory until I can revert it back to its original appearance, but then I won't have another Cross Empire appearance change scroll :( . Hopefully I can buy another one.