Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

coil abyss advanced pass

ValentinaValentina
Mabinogi Rep: 850
in Help
Somebody know the best method to obtain a coil abyss pass?

Comments

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited December 17, 2017
    Valentina wrote: »
    Somebody know the best method to obtain a coil abyss pass?

I think just about any dungeon or shadow mission gives out the Coill Abyss passes in the end chest. I can't say for sure, but running Coill might? give you a better chance of it.
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I find running short and quick shadow missions to be most effective. If you can get a few friends together, a half hour of Conflict! easy spam can net you all a few passes each, more if you pool keys together so that you all get passes eventually.
    WolfandWolf[Deleted User]
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I have never got any from a dungeon. they usually drop in shadow missions every once in a while. the difficulty doesn't matter they will even drop on basic difficulty. Coil Abyss has to be done solo about 3 rooms plus boss room with enemies about Peaca dungeon level and the boss is fairly difficult so you should probably take a few nao stones with you.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I have never got any from a dungeon. they usually drop in shadow missions every once in a while. the difficulty doesn't matter they will even drop on basic difficulty. Coil Abyss has to be done solo about 3 rooms plus boss room with enemies about Peaca dungeon level and the boss is fairly difficult so you should probably take a few nao stones with you.

Is it as hard as trying to solo Alby Advanced Hardmode, in your opinion?
    [Deleted User]
  • ValentinaValentina
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    TY very much!
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205

No the mobs are really easy. A fireball will one hit them
    The boss is where it's hard. Be sure to read the wiki page on him to avoid the attacks
    WolfandWolfNegumiko[Deleted User]
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    lceCream wrote: »

The boss is where it's hard. Be sure to read the wiki page on him to avoid the attacks

yeah it is mostly the boss you have to worry about. the enemies are tough but quick to kill with fireball, meteor, or final hit. in the boss room it is usually easier if you can lure the boss away from the enemies and crisis escape is very helpful. nao stones are usually better then revive balloons cause revive balloons are revive you in a instant and the boss will attack again more quickly but with nao stones you can stay passed out until the boss is far enough away. almost any mount pet can out run the boss.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited December 17, 2017
    lceCream wrote: »

yeah it is mostly the boss you have to worry about. the enemies are tough but quick to kill with fireball, meteor, or final hit. in the boss room it is usually easier if you can lure the boss away from the enemies and crisis escape is very helpful. nao stones are usually better then revive balloons cause revive balloons are revive you in a instant and the boss will attack again more quickly but with nao stones you can stay passed out until the boss is far enough away. almost any mount pet can out run the boss.

Oh good! So it's really the angry tree that is the biggest concern xD

Hey thanks so much for the advice! Both of you! :)
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    edited December 20, 2017
    I always found the boss very easy. Sephirot is telegraph incarnate.

If he raises his hands to ensnare, you load defense, it will cancel your defense but not damage you. When he jumps, a red or green circle means you get underneath him, you will take only 100 damage, less if you load defense with a shield. If he jumps yellow, you move away from him.

During either of these types of attacks, he takes extra damage, so its in your best interest to slam your highest burst during those moments.

Your life is even easier if you have soul link from G20 and are using either ninja or chain blade. If you throw smokescreen or pull yourself with anchor rush in the instant before he lands from a jump, you will take no damage whatsoever.

I should recant my "very easy" statement before, Sephirot can be an aggravating fight, but he is a boss designed with mechanics that can be turned to your advantage. His regular swipe which he will employ occasionally is his most dangerous attack after you master his other attacks.

Edit: OH! The monsters he spawns. Important. If you kill 3 or more of his monsters, he will be eligible to spawn an entirely new set. If you only kill 2, you can avoid being swarmed while fighting the boss.
    [Deleted User]
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    I got seven running Their Method on basic, not sure if tradeable.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    I got seven running Their Method on basic, not sure if tradeable.

no the passes can't be traded. I tried mailing a Coil Abyss pass to a friend and the game said you can't mail that item.