Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So.. more advert bots huh?

NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
in General Chat
Is it me or are they now multiplying? Seeing two of them on CH2 of Mari right now and it's annoying as ever. Seems be another upstart RMT company.. *sigh* Is it the same for you all on other servers now?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We have like 1 in dunbarten here on Ruairi. I wish they would give us back quiz bombs.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Pity quiz bombs only work on those that are using skills or combat ;.; It never worked on advert bots. :( Those locked by the bomb can still speak too. Ironically I still have a ticking quiz bomb tucked away on another character.
    HCLW
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    there's always a gold selling bot in dunbarton square on Alexina ch1 - at least one
    Greta
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I'm surprised they don't censor the website name or something. Maybe if the bots had to change domains every other second instead of characters, they'd give up. :P

Be more useful than censoring "swap".
    CrimsọnKryo
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yeah, if this keeps up then Mabinogi will be extremely infected with bots. They don't do anything about these gold bots who spam in chat for years. I have been playing Mabinogi for 4 years and i remember them since when i started to play this game.
    CrimsọnHelsa
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    its nothing compared with the amount of bots the game had several years ago.
    CrimsọnKryo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Just keep reporting them. That's what I do.
    Korore
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited January 7, 2017
    Gaea said:

Just keep reporting them. That's what I do.
    @Gaea

+1
    I approve.
    Crimsọn
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    edited January 7, 2017
    Problem with reporting them is they just make another character....every 3 minutes.

It's called spam for a reason. :(

We need something they can't make another one of as easily.

• watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    nexon already has protection from fake mails but they cant stop real emails from entering.
  • RocisRocis
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Hey this works, if you want to report someone go to live chat with a gm on the support center, I talked to a gm and they made the ticket for me, in less than 14 min another gm replied and I saw the bot getting banned live in game, Im not sure if its me but the in game report system doesnt work for me, it gives me a error :s
    NasumiRayne
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited January 7, 2017
    Rocis
    Rocis said:

... Im not sure if its me but the in game report system doesnt work for me, it gives me a error :s
    That's been broken for years now unfortunately. It doesn't work for anyone.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    @Rocis - Thank for the tip on the live chat. I was completely unaware of it and can only see/access it long as one logs into the main site. Reported both bots from ch2 Mari tonight and it was resolved within minutes. Thanks for the tip. :)
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I just blacklist them and move on.
  • RocisRocis
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    @NasumiRayne Your welcome c: I'm glad to help you.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 7, 2017
    Just keep doing it and doing it over and over. All of us.

@Rocis Yep that's how you do it.
  • SphereSphere
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    How are they getting product to sell?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Players sell them gold. Then they resale to other players.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    I'd say it's more likely they're getting the gold from phishing scams, keyloggers, and the like.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 8, 2017
    Yup, i remember we used to have one bot in Dunbarton Town Square ch1 on Alexina. Now we have 2 bots.... One is at Town Square and the other is between mailbox and bank. If this keeps up we will have even more bots later...
    Helsa